Those Cars That Nobody Ever Cares About...

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 376 comments

Which type of car do you like the most?

• Premium Cars, always used online

Votes: 42 25.5%
  • Standard Cars, never really seen online

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • All cars, I like a little bit of both

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • I don't like any car in GT6 that much

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don't really care, as long as the car looks and sounds good.

Votes: 9 5.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Poll

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Audi S4 is a fun car to drive once you come up with a tune for it. Now I just have to wait for this transmission bug to get fixed........
Yeah, it seems like the transmission bug is going to take longer than the course maker at this rate. And which S4 are you talking about? '98, right?

some things I have noticed
P.S.- My most driven car in this game is a 2000 Mercedes Benz CL600, and of course, I have never seen it online.
I like that car :)
I never see anyone use the Mazda Furai online. Absolute beast at 650pp and able to keep up with the LMP cars. You can also check out this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forgotten-cars-thread.319270/page-2
1. BS. That is complete BS I see it all the time, in fact one lobby banned it...
2. Try it on 600PP, 462 BHP, 775 kg at Deep Forest...

Oh and adding to the list:
Nissan Primera
Buick Special

Good Cars
Mazda 2 '03/10
The CRZ (anyone made it look like a Mugen CRZ yet?)

some things I have noticed
P.S.- My most driven car in this game is a 2000 Mercedes Benz CL600, and of course, I have never seen it online.
I like that car :)
I never see anyone use the Mazda Furai online. Absolute beast at 650pp and able to keep up with the LMP cars. You can also check out this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forgotten-cars-thread.319270/page-2
1. BS. That is complete BS I see it all the time, in fact one lobby banned it...
2. Try it on 600PP, 462 BHP, 775 kg at Deep Forest...

Oh and adding to the list:
Nissan Primera
Buick Special

Good Cars
Mazda 2 '03/10
The CRZ (anyone made it look like a Mugen CRZ yet?)
The Furai was definitely much more popular in GT5 than in GT6 for some reason. I never owned it though, but from what you are saying, it sounds like a pretty powerful car. In GT5, the 1990 Primera was my first car, and it won a bunch of races, but I never owned the 2001 Primera. I currently own the Special in GT6, and it's a fun old timer to roam around in, especially online. Never seen any Primera online, but I occasionally see a Special, and I rarely see a Furai.

Anyway, I am going to review a car at some point today or tomorrow, stay tuned!

It can do a 1.05 (I assume it can do better, that's just the best time I have seen) with RS tyres at Deep Forest at 600PP. There it is unbeatable, in a clean race without boost I have NEVER seen it beaten. I assume its loss in popularity is:
1. It became really fiddly for a while after some updates, they took its top speed RIGHT down. Now it it essentially a detuned LMP, rather like the TS030.
2. Top Gear destroyed it by accident.
3. There are HSV-010's that work much better on tracks with long straights, and they have interiors.

I was over the Furai in GT4. Loved it in GT4 though. It seems every year I get older though, I have a little bit less tolerance for fake cars.
There's way to much good real stuff, to play with fake stuff that isn't real.

I was over the Furai in GT4. Loved it in GT4 though. It seems every year I get older though, I have a little bit less tolerance for fake cars.
The Furai was in GT4? I don't remember it, but I haven't played that game since 2009. Anyway, the Furai is a real car, not a PD special like the LM race cars. But it never entered production.

The Furai was in GT4? I don't remember it, but I haven't played that game since 2009. Anyway, the Furai is a real car, not a PD special like the LM race cars. But it never entered production.
True, but that's still not good enough for me. It's almost real though. :lol:
But I suppose if I enjoyed it in GT4 it was good enough for me, just isn't anymore.

The Furai came out three years after GT4. Do you mean GT5?

Did anyone mention the Mini Countryman '11?

mini_cooper_s_countryman__r60___11_by_gt6_garage-d72aa8o.png

I noticed that this car is never in any online lobbies. Just thought of this car today and will probably buy it tomorrow. Anyone know how it performs?

Did anyone mention the Mini Countryman '11?

mini_cooper_s_countryman__r60___11_by_gt6_garage-d72aa8o.png

I noticed that this car is never in any online lobbies. Just thought of this car today and will probably buy it tomorrow. Anyone know how it performs?
This car is terribly underrated, and I have never seen it online. However, this was one of the first cars I bought in GT6. Used it once, then sold it. It had HORRIBLE understeer and it struggles to go past 120mph I upgraded it to 400pp and raced it in a 400pp lobby online (High Speed Ring) and it lost due to its horrid steering and inability to keep up with the speeds of the other cars (BRZ's, Dinos and 2011 Elises mostly). I do not recommend you buy it.

This car is terribly underrated, and I have never seen it online. However, this was one of the first cars I bought in GT6. Used it once, then sold it. It had HORRIBLE understeer and it struggles to go past 120mph I upgraded it to 400pp and raced it in a 400pp lobby online (High Speed Ring) and it lost due to its horrid steering and inability to keep up with the speeds of the other cars (BRZ's, Dinos and 2011 Elises mostly). I do not recommend you buy it.
It's an FF car, so it's gonna have under steer.

The Countryman needs short-shifted by around 500 rpm if I'm not mistake, maybe even 1,000rpm. And it makes a huge difference. Bad understeer, but good cornering grip.
Definitely a good sleeper in GT6 if you know what you're doing. It might not run with the fastest cars at a PP, but should do much better than expected if shifted/driven properly.

FWD = Slow in - fast out.

I think I came up with a tune for the Countryman. Might post the tune sometime in the next few days.

Here's another car that is underused, and I can safely say that this could be the most under rated touring car in GT6: The Mazda 6 Touring Car '02. I am mentioning this car because I have an I-A touring car race that I haven't started yet. The only other touring car in my garage is the Megane Trophy, and its PP is a little too high. Does anyone know if the Mazda 6 touring car is a good buy?
image.jpg

I think I came up with a tune for the Countryman. Might post the tune sometime in the next few days.
Glad you mentioned this. I just want to let everyone know that tunes ARE allowed in this thread. So far, I think there is only one posted, but at the same time, my tunes aren't always that great. Feel free to post as many tunes as you'd like here.

Here's another car that is underused, and I can safely say that this could be the most under rated touring car in. Does anyone know if the Mazda 6 touring car is a good buy?
I owned that car once in GT6. It was OK, but there are other tourers in it's class that are better. Give it a try if you want, it costs like $90,000 doesn't it?

I owned that car once in GT6. It was OK, but there are other tourers in it's class that are better. Give it a try if you want, it costs like $90,000 doesn't it?
I think it's even less then that. One of the cheapest race cars in the game.

and the fact it blew up so we aren't getting an interior any time soon...
Also try the ALTEZZA Touring Car its faster than the Mazda and cheaper. And cooler looking (it has four paint colours).

Or buy an ARTA Grayiya thing for 500000 CR and beat GT300 and GT500 with it (will require a turbo for that) as well.

Fyi you only see a handful of cars win online or even participate online because the pp system is worthless.

Testing on the same track, with the same tires at the same pp will yield very different results among different cars (I test a lot with SS tires, 500pp at grand valley). To name a few, cars such as the Ruf RGT, NSX Type R, RX-7 Spirit R type a, Euro MR's in general and the Shelby Series one post times around a low 1:56 to a high 1:55 (that's below average performing 550pp territory).

As someone who is obsessed with American cars and only uses them online (I own around 98% of the American car catalog and have tested around 70% of them all) most of front heavy muscle cars post a not so good 1:59 to 2:01. Most of these cars are heavy and as expected will lose in braking and corner entry and exit speed as expected, but what's insulting about the pp system is these cars are also losing on the straight too crossing the line at 5-10 mph slower than the aforementioned cars. Evening more insulting is these cars always lose the hole shot as a torqueless honda pulls to 100 mph faster from a standing start than a muscle car with as much ft-lb of torque as it has hp.

There's a couple diamonds in the rough posting in the 1:57's or low 1:58's after tuning (Pontiac Solstice, Chrysler Crossfire, 2008 Challenger, C4 Corvette GS) but they still can't compete with the top mentioned cars given the drivers have equal skill and require not just tuning knowledge but knowledge on how to abuse ballast and mess with the center of gravity.

tl:dr - only a couple cars are good, players care more about winning races than being a special snowflake (like myself)

Fyi you only see a handful of cars win online or even participate online because the pp system is worthless.

Testing on the same track, with the same tires at the same pp will yield very different results among different cars (I test a lot with SS tires, 500pp at grand valley). To name a few, cars such as the Ruf RGT, NSX Type R, RX-7 Spirit R type a, Euro MR's in general and the Shelby Series one post times around a low 1:56 to a high 1:55 (that's below average performing 550pp territory).

As someone who is obsessed with American cars and only uses them online (I own around 98% of the American car catalog and have tested around 70% of them all) most of front heavy muscle cars post a not so good 1:59 to 2:01. Most of these cars are heavy and as expected will lose in braking and corner entry and exit speed as expected, but what's insulting about the pp system is these cars are also losing on the straight too crossing the line at 5-10 mph slower than the aforementioned cars.

There's a couple diamonds in the rough posting in the 1:57's or low 1:58's after tuning (Pontiac Solstice, Chrysler Crossfire, 2008 Challenger, C4 Corvette GS) but they still can't compete with the top mentioned cars given the drivers have equal skill and require not just tuning knowledge but knowledge on how to abuse ballast and mess with the center of gravity.

tl:dr - only a couple cars are good, players care more about winning races than being a special snowflake (like myself)

Ok... Vilify me... Maybe Americans should learn what the word "weight reduction" and "turbocharger" mean. They are these newfangled things that mean you can get the same POWER for less WEIGHT. Its almost magical...
I-Love-Magic.gif

Try all the american cars with full weight reduction and power detuning. And a Ford Focus of any kind should be competitive (I know they are about as american muscle as Tesla but they are better than nothing).

Back