Those Cars That Nobody Ever Cares About...

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 376 comments

Which type of car do you like the most?

• Premium Cars, always used online

Votes: 42 25.5%
  • Standard Cars, never really seen online

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • All cars, I like a little bit of both

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • I don't like any car in GT6 that much

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don't really care, as long as the car looks and sounds good.

Votes: 9 5.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Poll

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok... Vilify me... Maybe Americans should learn what the word "weight reduction" and "turbocharger" mean.
A big Turbo would be a great solution to force an American V8 to make power at the top end of its power band, however Turbo's are not an option for almost any American V8 powered car in GT6 (with the exception of the 60's Ford GT).

Also you'll be happy to know that before I test a car I buy out whatever I can in the tuning shop and you can bet your butt that weight reduction (helps with braking, cornering and acceleration) and racing exhaust (makes more power at the top end) are a requirement before I field any car for testing.

I've got an obsession for beating the winning cars without joining them and have committed an embarrassingly huge amount of time testing and tuning all this crap.

If you don't believe me try it out yourself at grand valley, 500pp on SS tires. Set the pace with a 2002 NSX Type R, Elise 111R or Ruf RGT and then try and beat it or match it within 1 second in any FR or FF American car (that isn't the Shelby Series 1 or 2010 Camaro SS). Pro-tip, Ballast is your friend, how much your car weighs matters less than how the weight is managed.

Last edited:
I got one that I know for SURE nobody cares about...

This car, I mean "Ka" if you're from the Boston area, has a 1.3L engine putting out a massive 60 horsepower and 77 ft-lbs of torque! It weighs 965 kg which is a few hundred kg too much for having such weak power.

For perspective, at Laguna Seca on CH tires, it's over 4 seconds slower than the Mini Cooper 1.3i '98.

Had the Fiesta with the same engine and boy was that car slow. Lets just say that some days, even lorries with trailers would be difficult to pass.

How about the Impreza Rally car '01?

subaru_impreza_rally_car_prototype__01_by_gt6_garage-d7f488u.png

(Note: this is the prototype version)

My favorite rally car from GT3, and GT6 also. Bought this car earlier this week and it is a really fun car to drive at 550pp. Haven't tried it on dirt yet, but it should be fun there too.
I ran a modern rally championship lobby ages ago in GT6 and most people chose the Celica ST205, Impreza '03, or Evo VI rally cars. I was driving the '03 Impreza as it's my favourite. IMO the '01 Proto and the VII Proto are the best WRC in GT3 bar the Escudo but on GT6 the modern Focuses and C4 and such are better cars.

The modern focus is 🤬. I could not win with them in the World Circuit Tour. This means they are 7 seconds slower a lap at least than a base ARTA Grayiya GT300. (around Ascari)

And I meant tuned to 500PP I can't think of a car off the top of my head from America faster than the Focus RS. Although the Acura NSX would give it a run for its money (road cars only)

The skyline sedan 350GT type SP 06 is a car I never see online. I think it's a really good 450pp car. I did a couple of races with it when the host set the pp to 450 and it performed pretty well. Btw it was 10 clean racers I was racing with and each I race I used it I scored a top 5 each time. It's not a winning car but if someone decides to put a good tune on this car it can be a winner. Anyone else own this car?:)

Anyone mention the Mitsubishi HSR-ll '89?

Mitsubishi9.jpg

Havent driven this since GT4, and completely forgot about this car until today. In fact, its the car of the week in the Forgotten cars thread.

Anyone mention the Mitsubishi HSR-ll '89?

Mitsubishi9.jpg

Havent driven this since GT4, and completely forgot about this car until today. In fact, its the car of the week in the Forgotten cars thread.
Owned one in GT5. Saw it for the first time in the UCD and I just had to buy it. Decent performance, but it got many laughs when I used it online.
a car i that i luv and dont see others use much.

20qgnlf.jpg
The PAO is definitely one of the quirkiest cars in GT6 in my opinion. Never owned one.
The skyline sedan 350GT type SP 06 is a car I never see online. I think it's a really good 450pp car. I did a couple of races with it when the host set the pp to 450 and it performed pretty well. Btw it was 10 clean racers I was racing with and each I race I used it I scored a top 5 each time. It's not a winning car but if someone decides to put a good tune on this car it can be a winner. Anyone else own this car?:)
This is the one that is rebadged as an Infiniti G37, right? If it is, it was my first car and most driven in GT5 Prologue. Won many races with it especially online.
The modern focus is 🤬. I could not win with them in the World Circuit Tour. This means they are 7 seconds slower a lap at least than a base ARTA Grayiya GT300. (around Ascari)

And I meant tuned to 500PP I can't think of a car off the top of my head from America faster than the Focus RS. Although the Acura NSX would give it a run for its money (road cars only)
Maybe you'll have better luck if you use a race car, like the Mazda 6 Touring Car '02.
Erm. It's not that light but, Buick GNX.
Surprisingly, it makes an excellent drift car.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you use a race car, like the Mazda 6 Touring Car '02.

Surprisingly, it makes an excellent drift car.

The Altezza is quicker... I have done it with both the cars in my profile pic (Wedsport Celica, ARTA), both of the elise race cars, the Altezza, the Z4M... a lot of cars.

No one ever uses the Jensen Interceptor. Its pretty sad because its one of my fave cars to mess around in.
That's because it's not in GT6. Though it was rare in GT5.

This is my favorite car in the game....weird right? I prefer the 350GT Sedan over the 370GT Coupé, but not by much. Going back to GT5, I've bought nearly 20 of the Sedans alone :).

Most of them have been used for drifting. It is an incredibly good chassis for drifting if you use a DS3. It has an incredible amount of grip, even on CH tires. Once you get the hang of catching the rear, you can get some pretty insane angle while still being fast. Fully reduced, it weighs under 1300kg. Maxes out at 494hp...and I can't remember how much torque. It's not a massive amount, but it makes very close to peak torque over a huge rpm range. For some reason, I prefer the way this motor, coupled to a 5 speed, feels compared to the ISF and its 7 speed.

I've heard mixed reviews from wheel users. The main complaint is that there is too much grip, and not enough available wheelspin, which makes the car snappy. I've never drifted on a wheel myself, but I can see how the handling characteristics could be a handful, as even on the DS3, I notice the car get really snappy when pushed to the limit.

The 494hp max just isn't enough to get through some of the high speed sections, especially while chasing. You have to be fully committed at all times...any correction will lead to a snap-back. Forced induction of one form or another would turn this car into an absolute monster.

All that said, it's still one of my favorite drift cars. It does really well on tight tracks like Autumn Ring or Tsukuba.

I also have a couple I use for racing. I would have never thought of it myself, but I saw someone in a race lobby use one, close to when GT6 came out. They did really well with it, so I eventually got around to testing it out on some grippier tires, and was really pleased :)

I race mine at 500pp, usually on SS or SH. I tried it at 450pp, but found it too heavy to be competitive. I'd have to double check, but I think my current one is 1320ish kg and 39X hp. I have an E92 M3 built to similar specs, and I dare say the feel similar. Similar in the way they feel planted to the road. The Nissan's brakes aren't as good as the BMW's, and there is more understeer. I think it also shares characteristics with the Z33, probably due to having the same motor. I don't consider myself a very experienced or quick racer at all, so my analysis could be off :lol:

It does very well on SH tires. The chassis puts the power down really well, so you can get on the throttle nice and early coming out of the corners.

In most 500pp SS rooms I've used it in, I've usually come middle of the pack, with the occasional podium or rare win....but I really think it's capable of much more if it had a better driver. It gets a great launch off the line, and does well on cold tires at the beginning of a race as long as you anticipate the understeer. I haven't done extensive testing, but it seems to conserve tires quite well, despite being a bit on the heavy side.

I've had the most success with it on tight street circuits like Madrid and London, oddly enough. With the ride hight raised up a touch, it's really stable as you hammer it over the curbs. On these tracks, I get a little bit of a Aussie V8 Supercar feel when driving the Skyline 350GT.

Which lead to me to thinking...has anyone ever done testing to find a spec which might work for the big 4-doors to race against each other? Talking specifically about the Nissan 350GT, Lexus ISF, BMW M5, Mercedes C63, and SRT Charger. No idea if it could work...would be awesome if it did though!

Looks like the guys that I race online in terms of race cars, they never use this car.
dodge-gts-r-team-oreca-race-car-00.jpg

How come this legendary car never gets used for online races while this one was used a lot
chevrolet-corvette-c5r-c5-00.jpg

I used the Viper for 2hr+ enduro races for race cars and I notice many people choose the Corvette Z06 LM, C5.R, GTOne, and Zonda LM as their choice and I notice why do people don't choose the Viper anymore. Its a balanced car for Le Mans themed races and can hold its class against GT1 cars.

Back