Thread of G25 on GT5p - how's it going?

• Thread starter nafai23
  • 115 comments
i play rFactor, u dont have feedback from the pedal of grabpoint, but i can tell when there is a grab :)
well they can always patch it up. or they left that out for FULL release of GT5 so that we will be amazed :)

*gets a pen n paper* im going to add everyone for the PSN accounts :)

i think i might just be used to real cars... i can't imagine driving without physically feeling the grab point. i know you can see it on the screen from car behaviour but surely thats not fast and accurate as it would be feeling it.

There is one thing that's on my mind about the clutch operation. Does the clutch work like an on/off switch or can you actually actuate the clutch for say, pulling away slowly and gently and does the game still auto blip on downchanges when using the clutch?

After testing the clutch operation, yes it does have a biting point and you can slip the clutch.

Although...... The biting point 'window' is very small so you need to be delicate and know where the point is (practice makes perfect) to use it without dumping the clutch.

Has GT5p different steering ratio for cars? That's something I heard about GT4 but it was never happen, so I must steer 900° even with formula gran turismo.

well its the best one for its price. i think after the g25 look at spending double if not tripple for the next step up but it probably wont work with gt5 anyway.

There is one thing that's on my mind about the clutch operation. Does the clutch work like an on/off switch or can you actually actuate the clutch for say, pulling away slowly and gently and does the game still auto blip on downchanges when using the clutch?

I got the game yesterday and this is what I was most interested to see too. I'm afraid the clutch does not work like an analogue clutch, even when using the pedal the clutch is either open or closed and there is no gradual engaging of the clutch. The other sad thing is that the clutch only works when using the stick, you can't use clutch and paddles, its either stick + clutch or just paddles.

Its a shame really because the gear stick on the G25 is flimsy and breaks easily, I know several people that have had to send the stick back to logitech under warranty, I just hope PD give us more options with the gear setup in the full release.

Hmmm had my G25 since it came out use it everyweek and my gear stick has never broke ... stop being a brute and yanking it about

I think the clutch operation is sufficent. I personal don't care for the clutch to grab slowly in this game...it's not like I am trying to pull slowly though a McDonald's drive through...just some image to throw in there for when I would ever need the clutch to engage slowly.

In a race track scenario, there is no reason to want that to happen, you want the clutch to engage and disengage quickly to get the quickest response from it and get going. Riding the clutch is bad practice anyhow, it's bad for your clutch.

Anyways, my thoughts on the clutch. I absolutly love it!
They did a fantastic job implementing the clutch to the game.

I think the clutch operation is sufficent. I personal don't care for the clutch to grab slowly in this game...it's not like I am trying to pull slowly though a McDonald's drive through...just some image to throw in there for when I would ever need the clutch to engage slowly.

In a race track scenario, there is no reason to want that to happen, you want the clutch to engage and disengage quickly to get the quickest response from it and get going. Riding the clutch is bad practice anyhow, it's bad for your clutch.

Anyways, my thoughts on the clutch. I absolutly love it!
They did a fantastic job implementing the clutch to the game.

nicely said :)

Dose riding the clutch slow your breaking down in GT5 as your not getting any engine breaking...

need to do some tests

no one still made a video about it? PLEASE SOMEONE :) gives us a video on how clutch works...

That would be giving away too much. You don't want to know the end of the story do you? it would be like a movie spoiler... just playing.

hehe to think about it :) the longer i wait the better it gets (what ppl say) haha

thanks to you ill be watching GT5P videos with my closed eyes and waiting for US version to come out ahah

hehe to think about it :) the longer i wait the better it gets (what ppl say) haha

thanks to you ill be watching GT5P videos with my closed eyes and waiting for US version to come out ahah

Better use a blind fold so you don't peak. :)

Simple answers if the clutch works and if there are 16 cars on the track are concrete answers, but discussions about physics and AI behaviors are very subjective without the credibility to back it up without showing videos. How do we know if the person that played the game appreciates how a rear wheel drive car is suppose to drive??

So yea, I get why you want a video 👍 I'll try to make one. Try not to spoil the movie for yourself too much. ohhh the suspense!

Yes, your breaking line is much, much longer if you not use engine breaking...
First, I assume that this is about engine braking, not engine breaking. ;)

But seriously, there's something really badly wrong if engine braking is needed to get short braking distances. Every road car has brakes sufficient to stop the car quicker than what the tyres can take. Which means, stomp on the pedal and the tyres will lock or the ABS will kick in. The tyres can't even use the full power of the brakes alone, so is there any base to saying that engine braking would decrease the distance any more? No. Think about it, what's the quickest way to stop a real car? One foot on the clutch, one foot on the brake pedal. Both feet hard down if it's an ABS equipped car. Not a single touch on the shifter.

As promised.

thanks man cool video, :)

you might be the first one to have a G25 and GT5P video and showing how it works...

quick question.. lets say ur in a first gear... press gas half way to rev up engine to lets say 4000 to 5000 RPM... and you have your clutch punched in all the way.. what happens when you lets go of the clutch very very slowly? will it just at some point kick in and ending up with a burnout? or does it release it slowly in game and car wont do a burn out?

It engages pretty quickly.
As mentioned before, I don't think it's that important to simulate that aspect of it, it would be very unlikely that you'd want to engage it slowly. It engages about half way up and when it does it will do a burn out if you are dropping the clutch at high rpms. If you aren't at high rpms like at 4000, it catches and doesn't burn up. But then instinctively, I would mash the throttle to get moving so that would cause the burnout even if I didn't do it on the clutch drop.

Back