Thread of G25 on GT5p - how's it going?

• Thread starter nafai23
  • 115 comments
The feedback is 100 times better than the demos!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, loving it!!!

Pushing Triangle in game also active the clutch.

Any thoughts on setup?

The feedback is 100 times better than the demos!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, loving it!!!

Pushing Triangle in game also active the clutch.

Any thoughts on setup?

When you say pushing triangle activates the clutch, you mean that allows the clutch pedal to function? correct? Rather than triangle being the clutch?

When you say pushing triangle activates the clutch, you mean that allows the clutch pedal to function? correct? Rather than triangle being the clutch?

Pressing triangle enables the clutch pedal. It requires you to have the clutch in when you put the shifter into gear, otherwise you get stuck in neutral.

Pressing triangle enables the clutch pedal. It requires you to have the clutch in when you put the shifter into gear, otherwise you get stuck in neutral.

Great :D, also when you press the clutch it does always disengage the drivetrain right (neutral)? Not just at times of gearchange?

So if I am bogging down coming out of a corner (low rev slow acceleration) I can quickly clutch it a couple times to bring the revs up fast and increase acceleration?

What I am getting at does it function like a real life clutch (minus the smell :P) rather than a half assed attempt?

what setting do you use in the logitech menu? for example active sterring? power assist? and the other japanese incomprensible menu? i try lowering force effect and now seem more real in drift....

Great :D, also when you press the clutch it does always disengage the drivetrain right (neutral)? Not just at times of gearchange?

So if I am bogging down coming out of a corner (low rev slow acceleration) I can quickly clutch it a couple times to bring the revs up fast and increase acceleration?

What I am getting at does it function like a real life clutch (minus the smell :P) rather than a half assed attempt?

it functions like a proper clutch. car goes into neutral.

g25 is brilliant in gt5 and i love having it. the only problem is you need to re-enable the clutch every race. That and i'm still getting used to it. Have put the car into neutral so many times in the middle of a race.

i can make a video but need to know how to compress it or even host it. Anybody know how?

so far i made 2 GT videos with my picture cam, also takes videos... (canon, powershot, 4 meg pix) something like that

after i recorded it. i hooked it up to my PC... it was about ... 2-3 minute vidoe... and saved it.. i sing into youtube, and uploded it there.. i think youtube comprasses it for you.. but then again the cam i uses is not high quality.

dont know if that helped lol.. im not a tech guy ... :(

but if u do make a video, dont show us how fast you can go. but show us how it alll works, hot to press the triangle button first, and just play around with clutch,, reve it up, do some burnouts. switch gears.. stuff like that and maybe some drifting? lol stuff like that....

and do a downshift when you break, press on clutch and at same time u press brake and nuge gas with ur same foot. :) ( heal n toe technique?) lol

i'll work on one today. and try youtube. was asking because i think a 2 minute video on my cam (i have a canon powershot is 2) works out to be over 100mb

theres no point in even heel and toeing in game i've found. not that i'm any good at heel and toeing anyway.

it functions like a proper clutch. car goes into neutral.

g25 is brilliant in gt5 and i love having it. the only problem is you need to re-enable the clutch every race. That and i'm still getting used to it. Have put the car into neutral so many times in the middle of a race.

Awesome, sure am glad I bought the G25. Now I just have to wait for them to deliver it (bloody tuesday apparently).

Awesome, sure am glad I bought the G25. Now I just have to wait for them to deliver it (bloody tuesday apparently).

yeah weird they changed the date on you. mine ended up having some kind of delay thats why they didn't have a date of delivery but when i called them up they had solved the problem.

i'm going to add you to my ps3 if thats kool. need some gt enthusiasts on my list.

dont complain about bloody tuesday... i have to wait till US version comes out next year

yeah weird they changed the date on you. mine ended up having some kind of delay thats why they didn't have a date of delivery but when i called them up they had solved the problem.

i'm going to add you to my ps3 if thats kool. need some gt enthusiasts on my list.

can you add me as well?

NoxNoctisUmbra

Sure, see you in online races after the 25th. :)

dont complain about bloody tuesday... i have to wait till US version comes out next year

Just like I had to wait for GT4P (yes I realise US didnt get it) and then wait a month or two longer than the US for GT4 (that almost killed me), I know what it's like.

but this time I pre-ordered in october and paid extra for fast express 1-3 day delivery, which UPS is not going to make. I have right to complain.

Sure, see you in online races after the 25th. :)

Just like I had to wait for GT4P (yes I realise US didnt get it) and then wait a month or two longer than the US for GT4 (that almost killed me), I know what it's like.

but this time I pre-ordered in october and paid extra for fast express 1-3 day delivery, which UPS is not going to make. I have right to complain.

yes that is true, sometimes i pay extra for fast delivery and got it few days later...

but somehow, when i got a racing cockpit,, i had a free delivery, and there was an option for 1-3 days .. and the free one got me same day that over night took :) wow

Well i been playing for about 10+ hours now with my G25 and i have to say it is fantastic .. i can't work out how to get the full 900 degree spin i seem to be suck at about 240.

Also if the car is in Stand still ( No revs ) You can't just floor it and drive off you have to build up revs first using clutch and drive off. Can't stall the call tho :(

The game is simply amazing i'm burning about in my R8 at Eiger Norwand so fun

I think we are all GT enthusiasts! :)

That's why we all became a member of this forum in the first place. At least that was my reason.

I think we are all GT enthusiasts! :)

That's why we all became a member of this forum in the first place. At least that was my reason.

ofcourse, thats why i joined this forum myself and have started adding some people slowly. already have a few mates with ps3's but nobody a gt fan like myself till i joined these forums

is anyone able to explain at all what changes when turning power assist off in the settings with the g25 and what changes you find changing between amateur/pro/simulation in steering type? also what are others using? i'm just on the default amateur/power assist on atm because i dont know the difference yet.

edit: had a quick run around suzuka and not really feeling too much a difference between the settings. anyone else care to muck around with it on their wheel?

There is one thing that's on my mind about the clutch operation. Does the clutch work like an on/off switch or can you actually actuate the clutch for say, pulling away slowly and gently and does the game still auto blip on downchanges when using the clutch?

can you add me as well?

NoxNoctisUmbra

And me :) CeebeeNOR.
I would really like to have some playing buddies in this game. All my other friends love Fotball games. witch i hate :)

They would not ship to Norway :( . But i think i can get my hands on a copy via teh local embassy:) ( make them ship it to me) anyone else form norway who wants one?)

Btw: i got a g25 and a solberg rallyseat ;) and a 40" LCD :)

somewhat unfortunately the clutch works as just a on/off atm. i find myself only just pushing the pedal down about 1cm changing gears.

Hmm, thats a shame. They will probably incorporate a proper, full working clutch operation for GT5, the fact that the clutch is working (in a way) in Prologue shows that things are at least moving in the right direction.

well really it depends what kind of car you drive. i've driven cars (eg my own car) where the clutch has a long grab point. but other cars i've driven have a button clutch where its basically exactly the same as how it works in gt5. the clutch itself doesn't have a grab point as well which if there was a grab point along the clutch pedal it would be hard to learn its spot without feeling it with your foot. so the only way to have a user friendly clutch is to just stay with this button type i think.

well really it depends what kind of car you drive. i've driven cars (eg my own car) where the clutch has a long grab point. but other cars i've driven have a button clutch where its basically exactly the same as how it works in gt5. the clutch itself doesn't have a grab point as well which if there was a grab point along the clutch pedal it would be hard to learn its spot without feeling it with your foot. so the only way to have a user friendly clutch is to just stay with this button type i think.

i play rFactor, u dont have feedback from the pedal of grabpoint, but i can tell when there is a grab :)
well they can always patch it up. or they left that out for FULL release of GT5 so that we will be amazed :)

*gets a pen n paper* im going to add everyone for the PSN accounts :)

I love the G25 it's so much nicer then the DFP. The Steering feedback is smooth and the rumble is great. It took awhile to get used to using the clutch and the H-shifter but after some practice at it, it feels very natural. I'm surprised how well it's integrated into the game. I wonder if it well farther tweaked more in the final version of GT5.

trying to buy the game of ebay at the mo. My G25's a bit sick of prostreet lmao. I can't wait to jump in the NSX...

Back