Thread of G25 on GT5p - how's it going?

• Thread starter nafai23
  • 115 comments
I've received my copy of GT5p today..wow

I'm so glad i bought the g25, in fact, i cannot imagine playing GT5p without it!

I used the controller to gauge the difference and the smoothness achieved with the steering when controlling oversteer is awesome! Playing with the controller is a 'jerky' affair and spoils the in-car view( replays as well!)

..and the clutch...just wicked:)

If i had to nitpick, i'd ask for a longer 'biting' zone, and slightly more realistic physics when it comes to oversteer neutralization by clutch depression. It does perform that physic okay, but in reality the neutralization is more pronounced.

yipee for g25 owners:tup:

I've received my copy of GT5p today..wow

I'm so glad i bought the g25, in fact, i cannot imagine playing GT5p without it!

I used the controller to gauge the difference and the smoothness achieved with the steering when controlling oversteer is awesome! Playing with the controller is a 'jerky' affair and spoils the in-car view( replays as well!)

..and the clutch...just wicked:)

If i had to nitpick, i'd ask for a longer 'biting' zone, and slightly more realistic physics when it comes to oversteer neutralization by clutch depression. It does perform that physic okay, but in reality the neutralization is more pronounced.

yipee for g25 owners:tup:

Is this a practice you often use in the real world? "engage clutch to correct oversteer"?

Why would youdo this? Other than for "showing off and drifting"?

I have been wondering that myself....

Back to the G25, In previous Gran Turismo's top wheel and controller drivers have been pretty equal, but this time around there is a clear advantage to G25 owners..... the clutch, the clutch allows to shift gears much faster than the game would shift for you, GT seems to have a 'auto clutch' which you select the next gear there is a small delay as it feeds the clutch. In previous GT's buying racing clutches fixes this.

Now with controlling the clutch yourself you can shift faster with any manual car. Very noticable when in online mode off the starting grid, I get the same launch as the other cars but can clearly gain when we shift.

I got the game yesterday and this is what I was most interested to see too. I'm afraid the clutch does not work like an analogue clutch, even when using the pedal the clutch is either open or closed and there is no gradual engaging of the clutch. The other sad thing is that the clutch only works when using the stick, you can't use clutch and paddles, its either stick + clutch or just paddles.

Its a shame really because the gear stick on the G25 is flimsy and breaks easily, I know several people that have had to send the stick back to logitech under warranty, I just hope PD give us more options with the gear setup in the full release.

Paddles + clutch makes absolutely no sense. It would have an automatic clutch.

You would use clutch depression to save aggressive oversteer ie: when countersteering alone might not be enough.

This helps with saving a spin which might have costed you the race.

Its not a biggie, but it would be easy for PD to correct

You would use clutch depression to save aggressive oversteer ie: when countersteering alone might not be enough.

This helps with saving a spin which might have costed you the race.

Its not a biggie, but it would be easy for PD to correct

All depressing the clutch does is remove the drive from the rear wheels putting the car in a neutral attitude - momentarily - and since the clutch when properly set in GT5P does just that there is no reason it should not work.

Then again, I canno tthink of anything more undesirable than coasting through a corner - feather or feed in throttle and counter steer to save it that way you dont slow down but rather stay the same speed or accelerate.

Better yet, try not to go in too hot to begin with "slow in fast out" :)

I'm using a dfp and find it a bit limp feeling . Steering is set to simualtion , active steer and power assist both off, and strong force. I feel the driving experience is much deeper with prologue but the FF is lacking compared to gt4 , i don't know its weird. please tell me the g25 is more solid .:)

hey does the H stick shifter works on every car? or does it simulate lets say only this car have paddle shifters, you need to use the paddle shifters..

and lets say mustang gt. in real life it has a H shifter. but can i still use paddle shifters?

hey does the H stick shifter works on every car? or does it simulate lets say only this car have paddle shifters, you need to use the paddle shifters..

and lets say mustang gt. in real life it has a H shifter. but can i still use paddle shifters?

If you have set the H shifter function the paddles wont work, if you switch it back to seqential mode the paddles will work yes.

Alright everyone, i think i'm going to give in to buying a wheel (DFP, or G25). I've had quite a hard time controlling some of the cars in GT5p with the controller, especially RWD, and i HATE TCS to help me out, and i use Professional physics, all that jazz. Anyways, I don't really have a premier setup for a full wheel station...i basically have to use a coffee table to mount the wheel. I've found a couple of new DFP's on ebay for about 100 bucks, and the G25's i'm not finding for under 200. I guess my real question is:

Is there a major difference in FORCE FEEDBACK between the G25 and DFP, or are they fairly similar? Don't get me wrong, i would love to have a clutch, and 6 speed shifter, but i don't think my setup would comply very well, and if the DFP is similar in feedback support, I've rather just drop the 100 on a DFP. Thoughts?

Alright everyone, i think i'm going to give in to buying a wheel (DFP, or G25). I've had quite a hard time controlling some of the cars in GT5p with the controller, especially RWD, and i HATE TCS to help me out, and i use Professional physics, all that jazz. Anyways, I don't really have a premier setup for a full wheel station...i basically have to use a coffee table to mount the wheel. I've found a couple of new DFP's on ebay for about 100 bucks, and the G25's i'm not finding for under 200. I guess my real question is:

Is there a major difference in FORCE FEEDBACK between the G25 and DFP, or are they fairly similar? Don't get me wrong, i would love to have a clutch, and 6 speed shifter, but i don't think my setup would comply very well, and if the DFP is similar in feedback support, I've rather just drop the 100 on a DFP. Thoughts?

G25 uses a dual-motor FFB set-up, what that means is it can provide continuous resistance with one motor while the second motor provides the "bump" (such as when you are turning and with the wheels riding on the rumble strip). IMO, the biggest reason to get a G25 should be the much much better quality pedal box + the H-shifter.

If you can spare it, go with G25. If you only have a $100 bucks, then you don't really need an answer from us anyway.

G25 uses a dual-motor FFB set-up, what that means is it can provide continuous resistance with one motor while the second motor provides the "bump" (such as when you are turning and with the wheels riding on the rumble strip). IMO, the biggest reason to get a G25 should be the much much better quality pedal box + the H-shifter.

If you can spare it, go with G25. If you only have a $100 bucks, then you don't really need an answer from us anyway.

hahaha ....you're a funny guy!!...but i think the point is that it is to artificial!i am driving manual cars for 20 years allready and have more fun and fealing when not using the clutch and gear stick....besides that it makes a horrible clickclack or plastic-isch sound it doesnt feel anything like a real manual gear box fealing!sorry but the clutch feels like one out of a toyota towncar when you drive a chevy corvette and i had the super luck to drive one a few kilometers for real and whas dissapointed when i got home after and raced the car on ps3....so guess i am still looking for the best wheel yet ....:indiff:

I just went to the G25 a few months ago and it seems to have more resistance while turning then the DFP but the G25 doesn't seem to shake near as much as the DFP especially on the Mulsanne Straight at La Sarthe in a fast car.The heavier steering with the G25 makes it worth the money in my opinion...more realistic. I wouldn't go back to the DFP, gave both of mine away, if the G25 breaks I'll get another. Also a big difference in the quality of materials. Spend the extra bucks, you won't be dissapointed.
Although you must consider that you have to mount the shifter with the D pad seperately with the G25. I had to buy an adapter for my Bob Earl VRC (virtual racing chassis) so if you're going to use a coffee table the G25 might not be for you. Are you totally confused now....sorry.

I just went to the G25 a few months ago and it seems to have more resistance while turning then the DFP but the G25 doesn't seem to shake near as much as the DFP especially on the Mulsanne Straight at La Sarthe in a fast car.The heavier steering with the G25 makes it worth the money in my opinion...more realistic. I wouldn't go back to the DFP, gave both of mine away, if the G25 breaks I'll get another. Also a big difference in the quality of materials. Spend the extra bucks, you won't be dissapointed.
Although you must consider that you have to mount the shifter with the D pad seperately with the G25. I had to buy an adapter for my Bob Earl VRC (virtual racing chassis) so if you're going to use a coffee table the G25 might not be for you. Are you totally confused now....sorry.

Haha a little bit confused but i think i got the point. Thanks for everyone's input...I guess i'm fairly undecided at the moment. It's not that i don't have the money for a G25, it's just the fact that another 150 bucks for it makes me a little skeptical because of the fact that i've got some other things i need to pay for at the moment, but i should be able to come up with it if it's really worth it. But from what i've been reading, it sounds like it is. Thanks again everyone, and if anyone else has some input, feel free to keep commenting while i decide.

hahaha ....you're a funny guy!!...but i think the point is that it is to artificial!i am driving manual cars for 20 years allready and have more fun and fealing when not using the clutch and gear stick....besides that it makes a horrible clickclack or plastic-isch sound it doesnt feel anything like a real manual gear box fealing!sorry but the clutch feels like one out of a toyota towncar when you drive a chevy corvette and i had the super luck to drive one a few kilometers for real and whas dissapointed when i got home after and raced the car on ps3....so guess i am still looking for the best wheel yet ....:indiff:

I totally agree with you on the somewhat toyish H-shifter, but to be honest at that price for a complete wheel+pedal+shifter combo; I am not complaining. G25 is meant to be a mainstream consumer product, and obviously there are much much better stuff like "FREX" but also at a much much much higher price.

Unless there is a "better" wheel+pedal+shifter combo out there with the same price, otherwise G25 will be the best one you will ever get (at that price range)

To the best of my knowledge, there is NO shifter on the market right now, regardless of price, that is even close to the feel of a real car's shifter.

Agreed and some of them are many thousands of dollars!

Another little bit of info, the G25 weighs probably 3 times the DFP, because of the duel motors and metal instead of plastic on many parts.

do you mean the wheel itself? or the box lol. I found it to be roughly the same honestly? But the pedal's.....there about 50 times heavier haha.

Agreed and some of them are many thousands of dollars!

Another little bit of info, the G25 weighs probably 3 times the DFP, because of the duel motors and metal instead of plastic on many parts.

Aren't the gears a lot smoother too, to tone down that whine when whipping the wheel too and fro?

I have a G25 and I am very happy with it, But in GT5P if I use the H-shifter I can't use reverse. Not even when I assign it to another button than the 'Triangle button'.
I hope PD will fix this for GT5 or for GT5P in an update. Because if you run (or get rammed) of track a reverse gear would come in handy ;)
So that's why for now I use the paddle gears :)

I have a G25 and I am very happy with it, But in GT5P if I use the H-shifter I can't use reverse. Not even when I assign it to another button than the 'Triangle button'.
I hope PD will fix this for GT5 or for GT5P in an update. Because if you run (or get rammed) of track a reverse gear would come in handy ;)
I was wondering if PD had fixed the reverse button thing seeing as it called "The Real Driving Simulator" . To help myself get used to this I have installed a "triangle button" in my real cars so I could find reverse gear easier.

I dont have GT5P but do have the GT5P demo.
In the Demo it makes full use of the shifter where reverse is actually on the H-Shifter.
You have to depress it and select the reverse gear slot as you would in a real car, and is not assigned to the button.
I would assume this would still be the case with GT5P, have you tried this?

I was wondering if PD had fixed the reverse button thing seeing as it called "The Real Driving Simulator" . To help myself get used to this I have installed a "triangle button" in my real cars so I could find reverse gear easier.

Well yes and no.

When you play with the Sixaxis or DFP, you have to use the triangle, as always, but when you drive with a g25, the reverse is on the shifter, and it works as GTXLR explained, pressing down the shifter and stuff.

I dont have GT5P but do have the GT5P demo.
In the Demo it makes full use of the shifter where reverse is actually on the H-Shifter.
You have to depress it and select the reverse gear slot as you would in a real car, and is not assigned to the button.
I would assume this would still be the case with GT5P, have you tried this?

Ok. Thanks. I have not tried that, but it makes sense. I will try and let you know :)

The reverse gear is in the position where 6th would be btw (after depressing the shifter). Not all real cars are located in that spot.

Back