Thrustmaster BT LED Display Review

Anyone have any issues with WRC7 on this device? The stage timer seldom works and is always stuck on some random number.

D4, Gravel and PC2 don’t have any problems.

I agree. Can’t understand why PD wouldn’t implement compatibility unless they’re too busy doing other things right now.
I wonder what % of GTS players own a BT LED? PD have bigger fish to fry I expect - ones that impact their entire player base.

Yes just given it a go.

Works great... speed, gear and shift lights only but does allows you to turn off the on screen dash.

It doesn’t flash gear number for brake points though.

It’s great now and is superb for allow the focus on the main screen (without all the clutter).... its increased my speed because of this too!

Yes just given it a go.

Works great... speed, gear and shift lights only but does allows you to turn off the on screen dash.

It doesn’t flash gear number for brake points though.

It’s great now and is superb for allow the focus on the main screen (without all the clutter).... its increased my speed because of this too!

From the Thrustmaster support site:

- GRAN TURISMO® SPORT - PS4

(Currently No functions are assigned to selectors no 1 & 2 in this game)

o Top Display = Rev LEDs
o Left Display = SPEED
o Center Display = GEAR
o Right Display = Functions Coming Soon in a future game update

So extra functions will be coming.

Thanks PocketZeven.

I thought this update to use the BT display was never going to come with this version of GT... i was so pleased when I read in someone’s post on here that it had been added with the latest update

Since it went on sale and partially works for GT Sports, I've decided to try it out.
Really annoyed at the zero mounting option from Thrustmaster even though there are 2x M3 bolt holes on the back of the unit for mounting purposes.
Sitting on table top is pointless and double-side tape on the wheelbase doesn't work on most wheels due to size, blocking the display.

I've decided to make one myself since I have a 3D Printer.
- Works great finally with some adjustability
- Open back for USB charging
- Replace the wheelbase front hub cover (pics from a T-GT wheelbase)
If you have a 3D Printer, you can get the files from here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393289 (new user, post not active for 24-hour)

20190130_191044.jpg 20190130_191203.jpg

Now, it just need full GT Sports or PC Support for better adoption.
The lights are crazy bright (individual light pieces, not panel, and negatively, unable to adjust brightness), would work great in daylight.

Last edited:
Nice 3d print there @xtnt5x !.

I remember that you can adjust the brightness , but even on low settings it is quite high. I also did not like the fact that it always returned to the bright settings.

Where did you get the sale?

Nice 3d print there @xtnt5x !.

I remember that you can adjust the brightness , but even on low settings it is quite high. I also did not like the fact that it always returned to the bright settings.

Where did you get the sale?

(You cannot adjust the individual LED Diode, the brightness adjustment only works for the 3 display panels.)
Edit:
- I am wrong here, yes you can adjust LED Diode brightness, have to press the brightness button to switch between display panel and LED.
- And yes the no brightness memory is tedious.

Amazon US having it on sale for ~$130

Went with the Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake as well for sequential shifting. Got it on sale for $170 on Amazon, get the pc version, cheaper. Plug into the wheelbase using cable from TH8A to work with PS4.
3D printed adapter, someone already made, to use plastic ball plunger for added resistant.

Last edited:
When is thrustmaster going to release a wheel add on with the Led Display rev lights like the 488 Challenge??

Rather buy that than this product to be honest.

Amazon US, a prime seller is selling it for $100. Cheap enough to try out.

i hope someone would design a stand of this device for mounting on fanatec wheel base.

No one is going to do it because there are not enough user base for production volume revenue.
It can easily be done if you have a 3D Printer to make it yourself, add holes for any vendor wheelbase; material cost is maybe a few bucks, excluding cost of printer.
Get the existing 3D printer file template, measure the distance of the front bolt mount holes on the Fanatec base. Use a free 3D editing software and cut in holes you need, extend each hole vertically like a slot to allow margin of error and adjustment.
Easiest and simplest is TinkerCAD, free web-browswer based.

Nifty holder. I like, but kind of expensive. Currently have mine on one of those cell phone car holders. Bounces around a bit but it works.

If the price dropped about $20 I would get this, but the hassle of removing my rim with the terrible locking screw (mostly stripped) makes this an even less likely a purchase. :indiff:

Might get one of these on Black Friday. Are these much better than when this was first reviewed? I see it works with GTS, but is anything else different?

Has anybody tested if this works with the PS5?
Been thinking of getting one myself to go along with my Open Wheel Add-on but I'm kinda worried that I won't get much use of it if it doesn't work beyond the PS4.

Last edited:
Thought I’d resurrect this thread to let you all know there’s now code to get the BT LED to work on a PC :D

Go here to download from Markus Plutka’s GitHub. It’s a little bit of a process to compile/install but worth it! See my little video of it in action on my Corsair One PC in Assetto Corsa Competizione below.

Thought I’d resurrect this thread to let you all know there’s now code to get the BT LED to work on a PC :D

Go here to download from Markus Plutka’s GitHub. It’s a little bit of a process to compile/install but worth it! See my little video of it in action on my Corsair One PC in Assetto Corsa Competizione below.

Hi Dave just sent you message, trying to get this to work... and hit a bit of a showstopper... maybe you or Marcus know what I’m doing wrong...

PM Sent. His latest iteration is even better than what’s in my video. It’s pretty sweet. We’ll get you working.
Hi Dave just to let you and all fellow GT Planet Thrustmaster BT LED owners I have Markus’s latest version of his software now working great.

He has also added iRacing and Dirt Rally to the sims supported.., really top work, and great support from a real nice gent too.

I can recommend this... Also note the first USB Bluetooth stick I had was wasn’t compatible, giving a unreliable connection... but the different chipset of the new USB BT stick he recommended works without any issue (referenced in the reader)

So if you have a PC, a TM BT LED Dash and any of the sims supported (see Markus’s readme on GIT) go get it and enjoy your BT LED dash on much more than just your PS4 !

Just ensure you follow his step by step guide, and ensure you do install the GIT pc application (I didn’t at first and it didn’t work but soon as installed all worked well)

Last edited:
Hi Dave just to let you and all fellow GT Planet Thrustmaster BT LED owners I have Markus’s latest version of his software now working great.

He has also added iRacing and Dirt Rally to the sims supported.., really top work, and great support from a real nice gent too.

I can recommend this... Also note the first USB Bluetooth stick I had was wasn’t compatible, giving a unreliable connection... but the different chipset of the new USB BT stick he recommended works without any issue (referenced in the reader)

So if you have a PC, a TM BT LED Dash and any of the sims supported (see Markus’s readme on GIT) go get it and enjoy your BT LED dash on much more than just your PS4 !

Just ensure you follow his step by step guide, and ensure you do install the GIT pc application (I didn’t at first and it didn’t work but soon as installed all worked well)
Yeah, it’s way better now than it was when I shot that video (above). I was running at 180ms to keep mine from locking up. You can see the delay. Also I had mph in game but kmh on the BT-LED. Now I run at 15ms and mph/kmh is automatically set based on location (I think that’s how he does it).

I’ve finally taken the initiative to turn off the wheel in game as well as most of the HUD widgets and moved my wheel right up under my monitor. It’s like mixed media now. From realty to virtual reality. Just kind of blends :D

Back