Thrustmaster issues after 1.15 update

• Thread starter HR31GTS
  • 204 comments
Don't you people get it
They are putting bugs in on purpose so some peoples wheels ****up
It called greed
My t300rs ****up straight after the 1: 11 update
The update with the supra

I thought there are problems with Sony's and PD's flagship wheel the T-GT too???? Where do you go from there if Fanatec is f#(%ed too????

Don't you people get it
They are putting bugs in on purpose so some peoples wheels ****up
It called greed
My t300rs ****up straight after the 1: 11 update
The update with the supra
Dissagree here, my T300 been working like a dream. Original firmware. I have not been on since 1.15 so I'll see here in a little bit.

Update:
Tried it on 1.15, no problems.
I did get the sounds problems though

Last edited:
I don't understand how people are racing this game with a T300rs in PS4 mode. I've tried it with old and new firmwares, and two different T300rs and nothing has solved the violent shaking when understeering. I can race other games like Project Cars or just put into PS3 mode and have no issues. It's clearly an issue with this game. Right now it's basically unplayable for me because PS3 mode doesn't work anymore. I'm not going back to a controller and I'm sure as hell not buying a different brand wheel when the one I have currently functions just fine on a game with bug free force feedback.

My T300 with T3PA pedals work fine. Was able to test it earlier on sport mode. I am not on the original firmware though, i did update it 2 months ago to the latest at the time.

I updated my T300 Alcantara to firmware 28 after my wheel was non-responsive in PS3 mode. Still not responsive in PS3 mode. It works in PS4 mode, but the FFB feels off, and my pedals are not working correctly - the brake input only goes to like 25%, even when the pedal is fully dressed, and also using the pedal initiates the e brake.

T-Gt not workin too...

T-GT is working! latest firmware?

For all who dosnt know how to install firmware.

Go to https://support.thrustmaster.com/de/
Search for your wheel, download the driver(2017_TTRS_7.exe), install it.
Go to start-programms search for Thrustmaster, click firmware update.
It is very very easy and takes just 1min (ok 5min with download and install) :)

Even if this not helps the t500 users yet, it is always good to check firmware from time to time because they improve the handling and internal stuff too!

Anyway t500 dont work, dosnt matter what firmware. Its a gt-sport bug, only they can fix it.
T-GT (base firmware v40, rim firmware r30) wheel works!

Last edited:
My T300rs works in PS4 mode but not PS3 mode. I had been using it in PS3 mode because PS4 mode sucks and it feels like it's gonna tear my wheel apart due to the vibration bug. Hope they fix it soon, otherwise I'm likely done playing this game.
Vibration bug? Is this the strange feeling I get in ps4 mode when i turn left and the wheel feels like it slips through and the steering gets very rough? However, this only happens to me when turning left. Haven't had this problem in other game nor in ps3 mode.

I have the T150... not only is it one that doesn't work for Sport but it also doesn't work for F1 or Assetto. How can a game up date kill a controller for other games? I want to know how Poly is going to make this up to us. Some birthday weekend! I'm turning 44 Sunday and was pulling the birthday card to play all wknd!

T300 is woking in PS4 mode, if your's doesn't just put a switch on the wheel to PS4 instead of PS3 (PS3 mode on T300 works like T500 on PS4, thats why its not working).

And that "vibration bug" is not a bug, its an understeering FFB effect, it lets you know your car is understeering a lot. If you feel it to much - probably something wrong with your driving :)

Last edited:
I have the T150... not only is it one that doesn't work for Sport but it also doesn't work for F1 or Assetto. How can a game up date kill a controller for other games? I want to know how Poly is going to make this up to us. Some birthday weekend! I'm turning 44 Sunday and was pulling the birthday card to play all wknd!

I noticed in the early phase of this game, when i was quit gt-sport and start another racing game i had weak ff. So i replugged the wheel every time after i play gt-sport. They want to make feel other games bad! LOL :) Maybe pure paranoia but it helps :)

I've been using ps4 mode all the time and stopped working but started again by itself? My t300 calibrates differently now, it's slower rotating somehow :confused: Firmware is new. It's working ok now but had to adjust the settings as at least for me the current settings went off. After I adjusted the wheel again for my liking I feel no improvements in any area of force feedback feeling. Why update something when nothing gets better?

Considering all the problems around in general, I think it's always better to stay away for a while after the update :rolleyes:

Nice to see update just before holidays when I have the time to play without sleep deprivation :banghead: :lol:

Last edited:
And that "vibration bug" is not a bug, its an understeering FFB effect, it lets you know your car is understeering a lot. If you feel it to much - probably something wrong with your driving :)
It may be an intended "effect", but it still sounds and feels like it's grinding up the inside of the wheel whenever it happens, and it kicks in when I know I'm not understeering. There is no way this is normal. Seeing as how there's so many different opinions on Thrustmaster's wheels not just on this game but across the board (due to the inconsistency of their products), I'd bet there's a lot of people that aren't experiencing what I and some others are for whatever reason.

Vibration bug? Is this the strange feeling I get in ps4 mode when i turn left and the wheel feels like it slips through and the steering gets very rough? However, this only happens to me when turning left. Haven't had this problem in other game nor in ps3 mode.

Yep. Although it doesn't just happen when turning left for me.

Last edited:
I don't understand how people are racing this game with a T300rs in PS4 mode. I've tried it with old and new firmwares, and two different T300rs and nothing has solved the violent shaking when understeering. I can race other games like Project Cars or just put into PS3 mode and have no issues. It's clearly an issue with this game. Right now it's basically unplayable for me because PS3 mode doesn't work anymore. I'm not going back to a controller and I'm sure as hell not buying a different brand wheel when the one I have currently functions just fine on a game with bug free force feedback.
You must be have something wrong. I did not even think it would work in PS3 mode since it specifically says not to do that. Perhaphs your wheel switch is installed backwards or wired backwards.

It may be an intended "effect", but it still sounds and feels like it's grinding up the inside of the wheel whenever it happens, and it kicks in when I know I'm not understeering. There is no way this is normal. Seeing as how there's so many different opinions on Thrustmaster's wheels not just on this game but across the board (due to the inconsistency of their products), I'd bet there's a lot of people that aren't experiencing what I and some others are for whatever reason.

Yep. Although it doesn't just happen when turning left for me.
I can confirm that effect is normal in GT sport. It is understeer.

If it is a driving bug that would mean even the faster guys are driving wrong because my Fanatec has the same vibrations now yet I keep up with them and keep the car online without losing speed. If that is true that means PD really **** the bed with driving dynamics because the car shouldn't be fast or even barely controllable under these circumstances. It's supposed to be "the real driving similator" and not just a game.

If it is a driving bug that would mean even the faster guys are driving wrong because my Fanatec has the same vibrations now yet I keep up with them and keep the car online without losing speed. If that is true that means PD really **** the bed with driving dynamics because the car shouldn't be fast or even barely controllable under these circumstances. It's supposed to be "the real driving similator" and not just a game.
That probably means you are driving right on the limit. So kudos to you!

You must be have something wrong. I did not even think it would work in PS3 mode since it specifically says not to do that. Perhaphs your wheel switch is installed backwards or wired backwards.
You've always been able to play this game in PS3 mode up until this last update.

I can confirm that effect is normal in GT sport. It is understeer.

I'd like to see a video of someone's wheel who says this is normal before I believe it to be true. If this is indeed normal, then I can't believe a bigger deal hasn't been made of it, because whenever it activates it feels and sounds like the motor is shredding itself internally, which is why I had been racing in PS3 mode.

You've always been able to play this game in PS3 mode up until this last update.

I'd like to see a video of someone's wheel who says this is normal before I believe it to be true. If this is indeed normal, then I can't believe a bigger deal hasn't been made of it, because whenever it activates it feels and sounds like the motor is shredding itself internally, which is why I had been racing in PS3 mode.
I guess in PS3 mode the T300 is simulating a T500. To fully enjoy the implementation PD and TM intended (for t300) you should use PS4 mode. I have the T-GT (which was jointly developed with PD) which has the effect in both "GT" mode as "other" mode. I can not judge how it is on your wheel, but it feels like the wheels are bouncing up and down. Releasing gas or correcting steering should cancel it out. But again perhaps there is something wrong with your wheel that is specific to your situation.

Yes PS3 mode is simulating a T500, which is now not working thanks to the last update. When PD fix that PS3 mode should work again on the other wheels too.

I got the sound bug last night... hard to drive when you can't hear the tires starting to screech and it was weird not hearing anything when navigating the menus. Fortunately that big goes away by closing and reopening the game. But no issues with the Logitech wheel.

T-GT is working! latest firmware?

For all who dosnt know how to install firmware.

Go to https://support.thrustmaster.com/de/
Search for your wheel, download the driver(2017_TTRS_7.exe), install it.
Go to start-programms search for Thrustmaster, click firmware update.
It is very very easy and takes just 1min (ok 5min with download and install) :)

Even if this not helps the t500 users yet, it is always good to check firmware from time to time because they improve the handling and internal stuff too!

Anyway t500 dont work, dosnt matter what firmware. Its a gt-sport bug, only they can fix it.
T-GT (base firmware v40, rim firmware r30) wheel works!

I use a T-GT and have no problem (yet) with using it (even with the latest GT-S update) and I haven't updated the firmware (because I don't have a PC and I don't know anyone who does).

Incidentally, just what does the updated firmware fix? According to Thrustmaster, the latest firmware version is 4.00-R30. I can't find a history of the firmware updates or what the previous versions are, or what the latest firmware is supposed to fix. To anyone who has updated the firmware, did it solve your problem and what was the problem?

I use a T-GT and have no problem (yet) with using it (even with the latest GT-S update) and I haven't updated the firmware (because I don't have a PC and I don't know anyone who does).

Incidentally, just what does the updated firmware fix? According to Thrustmaster, the latest firmware version is 4.00-R30. I can't find a history of the firmware updates or what the previous versions are, or what the latest firmware is supposed to fix. To anyone who has updated the firmware, did it solve your problem and what was the problem?
Firmware wont slove it as it is a Gts problem wheel works fine on other games and on Pc

Back