Thrustmaster issues after 1.15 update

• Thread starter HR31GTS
  • 204 comments
Does anyone use the T500RS with G25/G27 pedals while having the wheel updated to latest firmware? ill update mine but I want to keep using my G25 pedals so I dont know if I want to update the wheel

You've always been able to play this game in PS3 mode up until this last update.

I'd like to see a video of someone's wheel who says this is normal before I believe it to be true. If this is indeed normal, then I can't believe a bigger deal hasn't been made of it, because whenever it activates it feels and sounds like the motor is shredding itself internally, which is why I had been racing in PS3 mode.

I guess in PS3 mode the T300 is simulating a T500. To fully enjoy the implementation PD and TM intended (for t300) you should use PS4 mode. I have the T-GT (which was jointly developed with PD) which has the effect in both "GT" mode as "other" mode. I can not judge how it is on your wheel, but it feels like the wheels are bouncing up and down. Releasing gas or correcting steering should cancel it out. But again perhaps there is something wrong with your wheel that is specific to your situation.

I second what PocketZeven is saying. I use a T300 RS GT, and can also confirm this is normal in PS4 mode. I've never tried it in PS3 mode, instructions say not to do so.

I don't have much of a reference, since the T300 is the first wheel I've ever used. But it seems intended to me, and when I experience the excessive vibration it means that I'm losing traction somewhere and I need to make adjustments in my driving. Usually if I just turn the wheel differently or let off the throttle it's taken care of, vibration gone, and I'm now moving faster.

One thing I gather from reading a lot of posts about the T300 is that the settings need to be on the lighter side for ease of use and to preserve your product. It seems there is a reliability issue with Thrustmaster servos and based on my keyboard-warrior research, it's probably avoidable by using a lower max torque setting, for obvious reasons (motors).

Since optimizing my settings on day 2, my T300 has been a dream to use and I love the feedback I get from it. So maybe try turning max torque all the way down and increase it in increments from there to see if it's still an issue for you.

Last edited:
Does anyone use the T500RS with G25/G27 pedals while having the wheel updated to latest firmware? ill update mine but I want to keep using my G25 pedals so I dont know if I want to update the wheel
Hello, pedals are only 3 potentiometers. Same for g27 or T3pa or T3pa pro. Update is for the gestion of the wheel. Do the update, always the last, no way the kind of pedals.

Nope, still no hotfix or patch.
5th day now, looks like they in holliday now, instead of fixing this crap. :dopey:

They already have our money. Every day we don’t play is a day they don’t have to provide online services to Thrustmaster users. Win-win, for Sony and Kaz. Quite a business practice. Too bad the name Grand Theft Auto is taken. Ha ha.

I second what PocketZeven is saying. I use a T300 RS GT, and can also confirm this is normal in PS4 mode. I've never tried it in PS3 mode, instructions say not to do so.

I don't have much of a reference, since the T300 is the first wheel I've ever used. But it seems intended to me, and when I experience the excessive vibration it means that I'm losing traction somewhere and I need to make adjustments in my driving. Usually if I just turn the wheel differently or let off the throttle it's taken care of, vibration gone, and I'm now moving faster.

One thing I gather from reading a lot of posts about the T300 is that the settings need to be on the lighter side for ease of use and to preserve your product. It seems there is a reliability issue with Thrustmaster servos and based on my keyboard-warrior research, it's probably avoidable by using a lower max torque setting, for obvious reasons (motors).

Since optimizing my settings on day 2, my T300 has been a dream to use and I love the feedback I get from it. So maybe try turning max torque all the way down and increase it in increments from there to see if it's still an issue for you.

What torque and sensitivity are you on?

I had hoped for a quick fix and reading that PD is aware and working on it I was optimistic, well four days later those hopes have died.
I was thinking that maybe on the next maintenance it will be addressed but as time passes I starting to think that this lssue and the other sound bug issues will be patched in with the next update and not before.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they will fix the issues one by one, I think they will bundle the fixes in with the next update.

I had hoped for a quick fix and reading that PD is aware and working on it I was optimistic, well four days later those hopes have died.
I was thinking that maybe on the next maintenance it will be addressed but as time passes I starting to think that this lssue and the other sound bug issues will be patched in with the next update and not before.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they will fix the issues one by one, I think they will bundle the fixes in with the next update.

Remember it's been Easter weekend So my guess is update hopefully this week

Thank you @kie25 for saying that word as it was getting on my nerve repeating stuff on another forum saying it was Easter every time someone thinks everyone works over Easter

Yes I can understand the frustration, I'm getting really frustrated also, my main issue is lack communication on social media, at the moment I can't get any new content for my YouTube and would just like a update either in game or twitter or something just so we have a time frame. But I also understand it's probably due to Easter etc, and could also be a delay at Sony end with the patch etc.

Remember it's been Easter weekend So my guess is update hopefully this week

I so hope you right and it is going to be with the Next maintenance.
People will say it's being pessimistic but I call it optimisim with a bit of experience and also what PD's idea of soon means.
I will say this will require an update to fix.and it will be at least another week.
I really really hope I'm wrong and I will be more than happy to eat my words as I will be able to play GT again,
but at some point we have to be a bit more realistic in where to set our hopes.

What torque and sensitivity are you on?

Max torque is set to 3, controller steering sensitivity is on 0, and I can’t remember what the other setting is. Is it called FFB sensitivity? Don’t remember where it’s at exactly but it’s pretty low, like 3 or below. I’ll check again when I’m back home.

Max torque is set to 3, controller steering sensitivity is on 0, and I can’t remember what the other setting is. Is it called FFB sensitivity? Don’t remember where it’s at exactly but it’s pretty low, like 3 or below. I’ll check again when I’m back home.
The controller sensitivity setting is only for pad and has no effect on a wheel.

I need to make those setup changes to my wheel too, thanks for posting that information. I like the heavy feedback but I worry about killing my wheel. I don't know why default FFB is set at 8 out of 10 if Thrustmaster has warranty issues. Shouldn't someone at Thrustmaster communicate with someone at PD to tell them to dial it down a notch?

Oh wait, if the two companies were communicating we wouldn't have any of these issues.

Mine is set for torque 3 and sensitivity 4. Started with like 7 and my hands/fingers still hurt:)
My mirror and sound disappear. The wheel change break balance on its own, suddenly I’m in +4 (Porsche) in races. So mad. Hope they solve this quick.

The controller sensitivity setting is only for pad and has no effect on a wheel.

Thanks. I thought that but wasn’t sure because I saw more than one person on other threads reference that setting when discussing wheels. When I adjusted it, I couldn’t tell a difference but thought maybe it was just too subtle, because I kind of get the same feeling with FFB sensitivity, it doesn’t do terribly much but I can tell a difference. I agree we need more wheel settings in GTS. The next time I try to use the D-pad to steer I’m gonna be all messed up, lol.

Not that it's a big issue, but I played a little GTS last night for the first time in weeks, and it seems steering input is off, like it's set to low sensitivity or something- getting severe understeering. Pedal input seems to be linear again though, was having that 50%=75% throttle issue befoerhand.

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

No work around for using other TM wheel rims either, I guess?

TBH, I preferred to use my T300 RS in PS3 mode with GT Sport. Better FEB and choice of wheel rims.
I too have mine set in ps3 mode let's hope they fix it soon

Hi guys.

I raced last week with my wheel with no issues. I updated today and now my wheel won’t work within GTS. Still works with project cars on the PS4 and on the pc - even updated the firmware with no joy.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Reinstalling GTS did not work.

Drove 600km yesterday (half of it in a snowstorm) only to find out about this issue when I got home and wanted to play some GTS.. Hope they fix it soon. I can't even drive straight with DS4..

Back