Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals

• Thread starter Pennzoil23
  • 640 comments
They look great! I just hope there's some sort of way to make it easier for me to heeltoe, or perhaps even to toeheel. I have a physical disability where my heel tendons are abnormally short, so I can't heeltoe without moderate discomfort, and you can imagine how that would begin to hurt a lot over a long race.

You can move both pedals plates a little closer to each other, you can see here at minute 41 the throttle pedal plate near to the brake pedal, you can do the same with the brake pedal plate :

For me there are no problem for the accelerator and clutch even it connect at the plastic case.cause there is less force to use,unlike the brake,so the brake i see is made of metal bracket.so it will be ok.i have a dfgt for 8 years the accelerator is still intac.so i think there no problem there.

I'd say if anything the pedals may be moving around by compressing the plastic bushings on the pedal arm rather than the pivot mountings on the base. That's fairly heavy duty ABS plastic and with the lateral loads there shouldn't really be a ton of movement on the throttle and clutch.

It won't be long before people start releasing modification kits for these, and those bushings would be one of the first bits I'd replace.

It also looks from Barry's video like the pedal faces are moving around - I think the plastic spacers aren't well designed and allow for a bit of movement, especially with the larger ones. I suspect without the spacers you'd have a much more rigid feel.

For £200 I don't think these are bad value, but they do look like they would feel flimsy to use, and I'd find that pretty distracting. I think it'll force Fanatec into a V2 version of the CSL Elite pedals, which might allow for more adjustability. But both I imagine are right on the edge in terms of pricing, to make them as affordable as possible. Keeping the CSLs to the same price point while adding more features would be very difficult.

Ordered. Great replacement for my T3PAs which have been good, but the conical brake mod doesn’t hold a candle to the load cell.

Next frontier (which is a long shot in this price point) is a proper spring clutch.

If the price is the same (or lower) as the CSL Elite Pedals LC it will be impressive, because with hall sensor on the throttle and the clutch these pedals should be much more reliable.
Was just coming to ask or confirm about the pedals. I know for sure the brake is load cell....not requiring potentiometer.
What I was wondering was if the throttle and clutch were also load cell but I wasn't seeing springs. I gather from your comment it's Hall Sensors.
What I need to confirm is Hall Sensors are not like Potentiometers right?....in that they (hall sensors) don't have holes, get dirty and require cleaning like potentiometers do?

Was just coming to ask or confirm about the pedals. I know for sure the brake is load cell....not requiring potentiometer.
What I was wondering was if the throttle and clutch were also load cell but I wasn't seeing springs. I gather from your comment it's Hall Sensors.
What I need to confirm is Hall Sensors are not like Potentiometers right?....in that they (hall sensors) don't have holes, get dirty and require cleaning like potentiometers do?
A hall sensor creates the electrical input via magnets so there is no holes or anything to get dirty creating erroneous signals.

A guy who worked with Thrustmaster developing these pedals told me on his youtube channel that the T-LCM pedals are going to be compatible with the PS5.
Wonder if this means current wheel bases will also be compatible or if these will only be compatible via usb

Last edited by a moderator:
I gather from your comment it's Hall Sensors.
Yes.
Yes, the hall sensors are contactless and not affected by dirt which makes them much more reliable than potentiometers. You can see them here:

A guy who worked with Thrustmaster developing these pedals told me on his youtube channel that the T-LCM pedals are going to be compatible with the PS5.
But we don't know yet which, if any of the TM wheelbases will be compatible. I'm not spending any money on console related hardware until we have a confirmed answer. I suspect there won't be a problem but it makes sense to me to wait until we are sure.

It would be best for all if Sony just allowed the developers of the sims to support any device they like - so letting us mix and match ecosystems by plugging straight into USB if we choose.

Honestly I'll be shocked if Sony changed things up between the PS4 and PS5 to invalidate the current gen's accessory compatibility. There's not enough of a difference between the two gens from an architecture and hardware perspective to warrant that.

You are probably able to replace the springs with rubber bushing to create an even more realistic feeling.

David Perel?
Yes
But we don't know yet which, if any of the TM wheelbases will be compatible. I'm not spending any money on console related hardware until we have a confirmed answer. I suspect there won't be a problem but it makes sense to me to wait until we are sure.
Same here.

Last edited:
I'd say if anything the pedals may be moving around by compressing the plastic bushings on the pedal arm rather than the pivot mountings on the base. That's fairly heavy duty ABS plastic and with the lateral loads there shouldn't really be a ton of movement on the throttle and clutch.

It won't be long before people start releasing modification kits for these, and those bushings would be one of the first bits I'd replace.
The part in the picture below would be a sacrificial part because you don't want the shaft or the actual mounting part of the base wearing. I think just shimming it with some plastic washers to take up the sideways movement would do the trick.

Untitled.png

I was also wondering if these components are made like this (ie. no metal on metal contact) to limit the chance of metal grindings being attracted to the magnets. The brake mounting is metal and I can't imagine it would have been a great deal more in cost to do the same on the other two pedals. I have no idea if this would affect anything but it's just a thought I had.

Does anyone know if this could be why they're made like this?

Thanks for the confirmations. I've since watched 2 reviews, both from reputable reviewers....Simracer and Simpit....and both reviews were positive.
Might be worth some consideration.

Thanks for the confirmations. I've since watched 2 reviews, both from reputable reviewers....Simracer and Simpit....and both reviews were positive.
Might be worth some consideration.
Sim Racing Garage presented by Barry is always my go-to review on YouTube when it comes to Sim-racing equipment. He seems to have a strong background and understanding of mechanical engineering, thoroughly disassembles equipment and gives clear, close-up images, and explains things clearly. Most importantly, his reviews seem totally unbiased.

Watching the SIMPIT review left me a little suspicious. He was just gushing about how amazing the pedals were. Reminded me of an infomercial. No mention of pedal flex, and no good camera views to see if there’s any flex when there’s a side load (like when heal-toeing). In fact, no heal-toeing reviewed. Sorry, but racing vintage cars with clutch and H-shifter is how I spend a lot of my time racing. I didn’t appreciate his opinion that clutches in general are going by the wayside in sim-racing. That whole review cost SIMPIT some credibility in my opinion.

I may seem a bit jaded about this new product from Thrustmaster, but that’s because I’m disappointed. I was looking forward to buying them, but expected build quality at least as good as the T3PA Pro pedals. The components are great. Great pedal arms, load cell brake with adjustability, hall effect sensors for clutch and accelerator, all great! Then they encased it all in cheap, flexible plastic. I’m just feeling let down with the final product.

Maybe time and more reviews from casual users will shine new light on my opinion. I’ll be watching closely for two things. First, are the pedals solid feeling and do they end up having warranty issues for broken plastic mounts? Second, are GTSport users going to find the game's continuous calibration an annoyance? Currently, every time you start GTSport, the game needs to see some sort of positive stop in order to properly calibrate the brake pedal. Load cells and conical mods require more and more physical brake force the longer you play. This could be corrected by a GTSport update that allows you to set the amount of force you desire for full braking, and then locking in that setting. This type of calibration is programmable in most other sim-racing games.

I’ll admit, I’m going to be closely monitoring people’s opinions of these new pedals.

Metal shavings would be irrelevant if they used bushings or bearings and proper lubrication. 99.99% this was done to cut costs because of the load cell addition.
:cheers:.... and they've certainly achieved the cost cutting. These pedals are just under 60 AUD cheaper than their competitors here. They now could be the best option for Thrustmaster console players that want load cell brakes if they hold up well. I'll definitely be biding my time before making any decisions.
With shipping costs. The links provided under each picture have the cost before shipping for me here in Australia.
Untitled.png

https://fanatec.com/au-en/pedals/cs...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

2.png

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/thrustmaster-t-lcm-load-cell-magnetics-pedals

Which advantages or disadvantages are there when comparing the use of Springs vs Polyurethane?
Rubber bumpers or bushings offer the progressive pedal feel expected from a brake pedal. Coil spring provide a more linear response, rather than the progressive ramp-up in force which is more typical for a real braking system.
The coil spring is more reliable over time.

From Amazon US including shipping to Aus is cheaper again if that interests you.
Is that before you get to the checkout and everything is converted to AUD and the shipping goes through the roof, or is it a legit price for it landed here?

The 100kg of brake pressure seems way overkill. From my understanding, the reason why race car brakes are so heavy is because in addition to your leg force you are also pushing down on the pedal with your body weight amplified by the g-force during braking (e.g. so in F1 a 60kg driver will push down with 300kg of force during 5g deceleration in addition to any leg force he's applying). At home unless you have a full motion rig you won't have g-forces, so you don't need that much resistance in the brakes. Well, unless you're using your pedals for leg day training :lol:

Latest Posts

Back