20200213_153405.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200213_153239.png
    20200213_153239.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20200213_153254.png
    20200213_153254.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 103
People seem to be quite impressed with these, might be worth picking up as an upgrade though I have never used a load cell pedal setup before.

The only review that matters:

Whoops, I posted in the wrong thread. See it's confusing to have so many!

----

Edit: Hold your credit cards folks. The teardown isn't looking good. Who the hell at TM thought plastic was a good choice for the internal pedal bracing!!??

View attachment 890574
That is a bit of a concern certainly. At least the brake pedal pivot is metal though and really that's the only pivot put under any significant load.

The flex in the plastic base at the 9:00 mark may cause a reliability problem for people who like a more heavy brake pedal.
Agreed. However, looking at the design, TM are expecting you to have something under the centre line of the wheel base as it has 3 feet at the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. However, looking at the design, TM are expecting you to have something under the centre line of the wheel base as it has 3 feet at the front.
If you look at Barry's video you will see the flex which becomes even more obvious when the brake force is set to 100.

If you look at Barry's video you will see the flex which becomes even more obvious when the brake force is set to 100.

There seems to be movement in several different areas. The tray the pedals are mounted to has some movement, the whole pedal set seems to be moving (perhaps compressing the rubber not slip discs underneath?), and then there's also some very slight movement in the centre but it's nowhere near like in the other video.

If you watch the closest corner of the pedal unit (accelerator side) you can see slight movement of the whole unit even when he's just setting up the dead zone. Possibly not tightened down hard enough?

Like others, I still think more metal in the construction would have been better.

From one of the videos it looks like the pedal force can be tweaked in the Windows TM utility. This is not going to work for console players so what setting are they going to end up defaulting to I wonder?

From one of the videos it looks like the pedal force can be tweaked in the Windows TM utility. This is not going to work for console players so what setting are they going to end up defaulting to I wonder?
Probably these, as they're the default settings:
Untitled.png

Unless there's some way to save the settings to the pedal base.... but I doubt it :indiff:.

We need to see some decent reviews of how these pedals function on PS4!

If you watch the closest corner of the pedal unit (accelerator side) you can see slight movement of the whole unit even when he's just setting up the dead zone. Possibly not tightened down hard enough?

I wonder if he used the mounting hole in the middle, to stop it lifting there. Also some of it is his rig flexing, if you watch the pedal plate.

Like others, I still think more metal in the construction would have been better.

Something a bit like Logitech's per-pedal U-shaped metal bases would've been great for these, could easily be extended out to match TM's mounting points. And then all the plastic they like since it would just be wrapping!

Overall though I guess these are aimed at the kind of people who'd consider load cell mods in T3PA pedals, and it looks like they're a step up from what can be achieved with those, at least. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Pro version come along later (at about £260-ish?), so they'd need some features to differentiate them.

I wonder if he used the mounting hole in the middle, to stop it lifting there. Also some of it is his rig flexing, if you watch the pedal plate.
There seems to be movement in several different areas. The tray the pedals are mounted to has some movement, the whole pedal set seems to be moving (perhaps compressing the rubber not slip discs underneath?), and then there's also some very slight movement in the centre but it's nowhere near like in the other video.
:)... I've since watched some other reviews where the pedals have been mounted rock solid.
Something a bit like Logitech's per-pedal U-shaped metal bases would've been great for these, could easily be extended out to match TM's mounting points. And then all the plastic they like since it would just be wrapping!

Overall though I guess these are aimed at the kind of people who'd consider load cell mods in T3PA pedals, and it looks like they're a step up from what can be achieved with those, at least. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Pro version come along later (at about £260-ish?), so they'd need some features to differentiate them.
The section I highlighted in this post of yours is spot on imo.

After watching the complete video, these pedals are a No-Go for me. I currently have the T3PA Pro pedals and already feel some flexing when thrashing / heel-toeing. The load cell pedals are flexing all over the place. Watch the pedal faces, and the gaps between the sides of the brake pedal. Nope! Not until they come up wit an all metal version. The price difference would be well worth it; since these will probably be in the bin by year’s end. I predict lots of warranty claims and unhappy customers. Great idea, poor execution.

They look great! I just hope there's some sort of way to make it easier for me to heeltoe, or perhaps even to toeheel. I have a physical disability where my heel tendons are abnormally short, so I can't heeltoe without moderate discomfort, and you can imagine how that would begin to hurt a lot over a long race.

Back