Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Pennzoil23, Jan 20, 2020.

1. CRN_G-TR

CRN_G-TR Premium

20200213_153031.png

Attached Files:

Bass Addict and peterrod like this.
  2. Granadier

Granadier

3. WildRun

WildRun

4. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

5. Daz555

Daz555

Very interested in these but going to wait until I know that my T300 base is going to work on PS5 games.

6. Bozothenutter

Bozothenutter

Hmmm, might steal some of their ideas!
    Button load cell with three different rates.
    And two hinge points.

7. Granadier

Granadier

8. mk1xr2

mk1xr2

I need new pedals and the 26th is my b'day.

9. JamboGT

JamboGT

People seem to be quite impressed with these, might be worth picking up as an upgrade though I have never used a load cell pedal setup before.

10. mcfizzle

mcfizzle

kikie likes this.
  11. super_gt

super_gt

12. Granadier

Granadier

Whoops, I posted in the wrong thread. See it's confusing to have so many!

----

Edit: Hold your credit cards folks. The teardown isn't looking good. Who the hell at TM thought plastic was a good choice for the internal pedal bracing!!??

upload_2020-2-13_12-2-32.png

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  13. JeffKill

JeffKill

Just placed a preorder on Amazon.

14. WildRun

WildRun

super_gt likes this.
  15. super_gt

super_gt

The flex in the plastic base at the 9:00 mark may cause a reliability problem for people who like a more heavy brake pedal.

16. Daz555

Daz555

The only review that matters:

That is a bit of a concern certainly. At least the brake pedal pivot is metal though and really that's the only pivot put under any significant load.

Agreed. However, looking at the design, TM are expecting you to have something under the centre line of the wheel base as it has 3 feet at the front.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2020
    cjr3559 and super_gt like this.
  17. super_gt

super_gt

kikie likes this.
  18. winet

winet

The load cell is 100kg

19. super_gt

super_gt

Whitestar likes this.
  20. De_Breuk

De_Breuk

Might we be able to race without abs with these?

21. super_gt

super_gt

If you look at Barry's video you will see the flex which becomes even more obvious when the brake force is set to 100.

Gr8_Lakes likes this.
  22. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

There seems to be movement in several different areas. The tray the pedals are mounted to has some movement, the whole pedal set seems to be moving (perhaps compressing the rubber not slip discs underneath?), and then there's also some very slight movement in the centre but it's nowhere near like in the other video.

If you watch the closest corner of the pedal unit (accelerator side) you can see slight movement of the whole unit even when he's just setting up the dead zone. Possibly not tightened down hard enough?

Like others, I still think more metal in the construction would have been better.

Gr8_Lakes likes this.
  23. D1GP

D1GP

Hall sensor/solid metal pedals but plastic construction vs metal construction but potentiometer and some potential pedal flex

24. Daz555

Daz555

From one of the videos it looks like the pedal force can be tweaked in the Windows TM utility. This is not going to work for console players so what setting are they going to end up defaulting to I wonder?

25. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

Probably these, as they're the default settings:
    Untitled.png

Unless there's some way to save the settings to the pedal base.... but I doubt it :indiff:.

We need to see some decent reviews of how these pedals function on PS4!

26. Outspacer

Outspacer

I wonder if he used the mounting hole in the middle, to stop it lifting there. Also some of it is his rig flexing, if you watch the pedal plate.

Something a bit like Logitech's per-pedal U-shaped metal bases would've been great for these, could easily be extended out to match TM's mounting points. And then all the plastic they like since it would just be wrapping!

Overall though I guess these are aimed at the kind of people who'd consider load cell mods in T3PA pedals, and it looks like they're a step up from what can be achieved with those, at least. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Pro version come along later (at about £260-ish?), so they'd need some features to differentiate them.

Jeka_djonik and Gr8_Lakes like this.
  27. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

:)... I've since watched some other reviews where the pedals have been mounted rock solid.
    The section I highlighted in this post of yours is spot on imo.

Outspacer likes this.
  28. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

Dose any one know it they will be Bundle with a t-GT in the Future???

NosOsH likes this.
  29. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

After watching the complete video, these pedals are a No-Go for me. I currently have the T3PA Pro pedals and already feel some flexing when thrashing / heel-toeing. The load cell pedals are flexing all over the place. Watch the pedal faces, and the gaps between the sides of the brake pedal. Nope! Not until they come up wit an all metal version. The price difference would be well worth it; since these will probably be in the bin by year’s end. I predict lots of warranty claims and unhappy customers. Great idea, poor execution.

Jeka_djonik and super_gt like this.
  30. TeamCZRRacing

TeamCZRRacing Premium

They look great! I just hope there's some sort of way to make it easier for me to heeltoe, or perhaps even to toeheel. I have a physical disability where my heel tendons are abnormally short, so I can't heeltoe without moderate discomfort, and you can imagine how that would begin to hurt a lot over a long race.