Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...
20201119_020834.jpg

Here is my best lap and tune so far for Willow in the Lancer Gr. B road car. I am currently fastest in the world but there are still seconds to get.

This event is so strange that it is wide open in terms of what the best car is, I would guess the best of the best will find a way to get the power down fastest in hypercars by the end, but for now the rally road car is a sure bet.

Last edited:
Love the HTM TT. This track reminds me how much we need a proper touge track in GT. Attacking those hairpins and dipping a wheel into dirt to turn the car around, Initial D gutter run style :lol:

This event is so strange that it is wide open in terms of what the best car is, I would guess the best of the best will find a way to get the power down fastest in hypercars by the end, but for now the rally road car is a sure bet.

I don't think the hypers are gonna be faster. This track isn't power sensitive and 600-700 hp is pretty much the max usable amount. Also the hypers are heavier, and they have less downforce on the front axle. 4WD is also useful for putting power down out of all those hairpins. I tried the S-FR Racing, normal Evo/Impreza and then the Gr.B Road Car, and I instantly went one second quicker in the Gr.B without much effort. The WRX has a bit better rotation than the Evo.

Tuning wise, I just grabbed Prairano's tune from his garage. Only thing changed is Final gear to 5.000. I saw your replay with TC/CSA and tried it, but it doesn't help for me. What helps is switching to roof cam (to see around those blind corners better) and turning on the racing line to be more consistent through T1 (shame on me lol).

So, you need a car that you cant buy to be competetive in horse TT.
Not cool.

It's been available on the mileage exchange for so many rotations now. This game is over 3 years old and the cars rotate every 14 weeks so that's roughly 22 opportunities for you to pick up either Evo or WRX ((3x52 / 14) x 2).

I understand your frustration but if you haven't picked it up by now surely it's not PD's fault? Anyway it's only a game so it's not the end of the world :)

Last edited:
It's been available on the mileage exchange or so many rotations now. This game is over 3 years old and the cars rotate every 14 weeks so that's roughly 22 opportunities for you to pick up either Evo or WRX ((3x52 / 14) x 2).

I understand your frustration but if you haven't picked it up by now surely it's not PD's fault? Anyway it's only a game so it's not the end of the world :)

It seems that I havent been that hard core player of the game then. Havent bought a single car from mileage exchage before. :lol:

54.631 at Willow in the Lancer for #123.

Don't like it, I'll end up breaking my wrist.

Thanks MOPARbarrett5 for the tune.

Had to come back and advise that my 17yr old son had a crack at it after I left and bettered my time, so my time now shows as 53.975.

But it's really 54.631. No matter I'll let you know when (and if) I beat his ghost.

Last edited:
WTF? This thing handles better than most road cars. I tested many cars, but my fastest time in the Willows-TT is with the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11, because I don't own the Mitsubishi or the Subaru Road Car. :confused::lol:

My time currently is 0:54,779, but there is much time to gain. Here is my quick setting for the car:

Power Max. Weight Min.
BB 0
200 200 (Min)
2,00 2,00
10 10
67 67
97 97
2,0 1,5
Toe in 0,15 Toe out 0,25
5 5
5 5
5 5
Set max speed to min, then final gear to 4,300

There is much time to gain with a better tune. This is my quick tune and if I sort out a better one, I will post it.

Last edited:
It seems that I havent been that hard core player of the game then. Havent bought a single car from mileage exchage before. :lol:

Well you better get shopping. Who knows maybe next TT they will only allow cars with Chrome paints to take part :lol:

We've had a TT with the 20 million 330 P4 before, I think that was way worse in terms of barrier of entry. Also if PD really wants to be mean, they can make a TT for Audi R18 Le Mans (can only get by luck from daily roulette), Merc VGT LH (very high skill barrier) or GT-R Safety Car (can only get once per game, if you delete it, bye-bye).

0:54.153 at Willow in the GT-R NISMO '17 for #144, and there is still a little bit more time out there :). I am going to keep using this car, and the best time I think I can get with this car is around the 0:53.700 if I get everything right using Auto.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
1:22:969 with the Yaris P12 , BB -2 @sdi_03 thanks for the tip.
still a tenth or two to go get

@LeGeNd-1 For 90 degree left before the not-straight backstraight, tighten the fence to the right, just before the bump, brake (when you see the logo on the fence) and downshift to 3rd, quickly release the brake, let the car turn and accelerate slowly, at the point of rope accelerate fully and play with the steering wheel to maintain the trajectory

Current goal at Maggiore...... what's the least amount of times I can get the Alien Ghost to reset by the time I get around the track (or, what's the furthest I can get before the first reset) :lol:

Toyota World Rally Driver Takamoto Katsuta showing a small replay comparison between his lap and Igor Fraga's. They're separated by 0.015 at this time.

Anybody knows who this speeding bullet Angel_mixy is? His new P1 record lap: 1:22.189 (!!!)

Last edited:
Is anyone else experiencing problems in the Yaris TT event? I ran in on both the NA and EMEA servers and it will not record any times. The other 2 TT events are working fine.

Fantatstic, fantastic job by PD with the latest TT. Just run what ya brung. We need more of this. Get a Daily Race happening with a Time Attack event, PD. Everyone on track tuning their cars and a countdown to set your fastest laps for each class.

Too cool. I'm using me E30, F40, S2000s. Might bring out some old classics to se ehow they go. This track ain't a favorite, but reminds me of this:

Last edited:
Is anyone else experiencing problems in the Yaris TT event? I ran in on both the NA and EMEA servers and it will not record any times. The other 2 TT events are working fine.

I set my fastest lap today and then when I checked the time was red...... I thought if you got penalised you had to do that slow-down thing but I got no warning or anything. Must be a rally thing??? :grumpy:

Toyota World Rally Driver Takamoto Katsuta showing a small replay comparison between his lap and Igor Fraga's. They're separated by 0.015 at this time.

Would be interesting to hear a pro rally driver's comments regarding the rally physics in GTS. The Yaris feels good but for the actual rally cars I suspect it won't be complimentary :lol:

Also Fraga being good on dirt reminds me of this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back