Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You´re right with the TX3 guys. Up until the first turn I´m only slightly behind the top ghost. But then he´s accelerating much faster on the next straight.
Thanks for sharing your tune. I will test it now. :cheers:

Edit: Your tune doesn't fit my driving style this time either. But no problem.:cheers:

I think I have a solution for the bad acceleration and in an engineering way it even makes sense for a high-revving low-torque engine. Try this:

Final gear to 2,750
Max speed to min
Final gear to 2,530

After this you can adjust the gears or final gear to suit your driving style. But now I can hang on to the TX3 guys. Gained immediately 0,8 seconds. :D
I will try your new gear box now :cheers:

Thanks 👍

You´re right with the TX3 guys. Up until the first turn I´m only slightly behind the top ghost. But then he´s accelerating much faster on the next straight.
Thanks for sharing your tune. I will test it now. :cheers:

Edit: Your tune doesn't fit my driving style this time either. But no problem.:cheers:

I think I have a solution for the bad acceleration and in an engineering way it even makes sense for a high-revving low-torque engine. Try this:

Final gear to 2,750
Max speed to min
Final gear to 2,530

After this you can adjust the gears or final gear to suit your driving style. But now I can hang on to the TX3 guys. Gained immediately 0,8 seconds. :D

👍:tup:TOP GERBOX SETUP :bowdown::bowdown: just did a 01:54.626:D optimum lap 01:54.242:banghead::lol:

Hi guys

Gonna give the red bull ring tt a go this week so will try a couple of the tunes.. Thank you for sharing them

One question, which car of the 2 are people using?
Thanks

Bert

I think You’ll find that most people are using the Toyota
Well certainly I am, and I’m using the Settings from @v8_pursuit, they seem to suit me fine; thank You for posting them
I did a 1.54.958 with the old gearbox, but when I changed to the new one, it gave me a big improvement to a 1.54.294 -and i’m even more confident with these gears to improve on that, than i was with the old gearbox.
Can’t resist mentioning, that furthermore I’m rapidly approaching Geezer-age and I’m sitting in an armchair, using DS4 with x-and Squarebuttons for throttle and brake -meaning my throttle is the on/off-type, and i don’t do simultaneous brake/throttle...
Will try out @xtrax ’s settings at some point...

Last edited:
Hi guys

Gonna give the red bull ring tt a go this week so will try a couple of the tunes.. Thank you for sharing them

One question, which car of the 2 are people using?
Thanks

Bert
I try setup on both cars , i don't feel really a difference

Last edited:
@v8_pursuit did a new try with your setup.

But i still have issue on some corners. I lost the rear, probably i keep my feet on the break or accelerate to early.
But I manage to do 1.53.903 by just reducing the front height to 130 mm so not too bad ;)

And by changing parameter by parameter, I arrived slowly to this new setup, obviously with your excellent gear box 👍
New time 1.53.649 with the subaru :gtpflag:
upload_2021-1-19_22-11-11.png

Last edited:
Well certainly I am, and I’m using the Settings from @v8_pursuit, they seem to suit me fine; thank You for posting them
I did a 1.54.958 with the old gearbox, but when I changed to the new one, it gave me a big improvement to a 1.54.294 -and i’m even more confident with these gears to improve on that, than i was with the old gearbox.
Can’t resist mentioning, that furthermore I’m rapidly approaching Geezer-age and I’m sitting in an armchair, using DS4 with x-and Squarebuttons for throttle and brake -meaning my throttle is the on/off-type, and i don’t do simultaneous brake/throttle...

Super time using the DS4 👍

Sorry to ask, what means Geezer-age, i try in google translate but it gave as answer Age Geezer. This doesn't help me. :D

Super time using the DS4 👍

Sorry to ask, what means Geezer-age, i try in google translate but it gave as answer Age Geezer. This doesn't help me. :D
Thank You. Excellent time You have; Will try Your setup.
I think another expression for Geezer would be “Old Fart” In GTPlanet world it also refers to a group of players at the age of 60+. I think @Stewyripper belongs to that group. I’m not quite there yet,as i will turn 58 at June 3.

Thank You. Excellent time You have; Will try Your setup.
I think another expression for Geezer would be “Old Fart” In GTPlanet world it also refers to a group of players at the age of 60+. I think @Stewyripper belongs to that group. I’m not quite there yet,as i will turn 58 at June 3.

Thanks for explanation 👍

Ok i have some time to reach Geezer age, but not so much Only few years less than you :cheers:

You did a great lap. :cheers:

@v8_pursuit did a new try with your setup.

But i still have issue on some corners. I lost the rear, probably i keep my feet on the break or accelerate to early.
But I manage to do 1.53.903 by just reducing the front height to 130 mm so not too bad ;)

And by changing parameter by parameter, I arrived slowly to this new setup, obviously with your excellent gear box 👍
New time 1.53.649 with the subaru :gtpflag:
View attachment 985883
Super lap time. :cheers: And thanks for the tune. I will try this later. 👍

Redbullis is slowly opening its secrets to me. 1:53.473 :cheers:
SUPER thanks to v8 for the transmission :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

View attachment 986012
heres my tune for gt. :)
Same here. Fantastic time and thanks for the share. :cheers::cheers: I will try this later too.

Last edited:
@sdi_03 and @xtrax: I tested both of your setups, but I had only time for a couple of laps. I came close to my best time with both. So each is excellent as I can see on the leaderboard too. :bowdown:

But as stated, this track is tricky, and sometimes I have oversteer and sometimes understeer, but with both setups at different turns. Maybe a combination of both should suit my driving style. I will post my results.

But anyway, I have much fun exchanging setups with you and so to improve and to learn and to be a better driver. Thanks for that. :cheers:

Nice to see @xtrax & @sdi_03 stirring up the TX clan a bit 👍
I’ve been using @v8_pursuit’s setup conservatively till today, when i maxed out at 1.54.001. I tried @xtrax setup, but i couldn’t get to grips with it; kept losing the rear.
This evening i went for @sdi_03’s setup. Though it did feel harder to drive -the DS4 probably isn’t making it easier- I immediately felt, there was a sharper turn-in; that it would only be a matter of time till i could control it and improve my best lap. And sure enough: within the hour, i did a 1.53.810 -quite happy with that.:)
Thanks to the folks that are sharing their setups here. I’d be lost without You!:bowdown::cheers:

@sdi_03 and @xtrax: I tested both of your setups, but I had only time for a couple of laps. I came close to my best time with both. So each is excellent as I can see on the leaderboard too. :bowdown:

But as stated, this track is tricky, and sometimes I have oversteer and sometimes understeer, but with both setups at different turns. Maybe a combination of both should suit my driving style. I will post my results.

But anyway, I have much fun exchanging setups with you and so to improve and to learn and to be a better driver. Thanks for that. :cheers:

Yes you 're right, when you are confortable with a setup for several days you have some marks and reflex and changing with a new setup, it's take time to change mark and reflex. I think it's what happened when i try your setup and @sdi setup.

and mix of setup could help without changing the complete setup.

Yesterday i improve to 1.53.328 with the same setup except for rear toe set to 0.00 instead of +0.15 ,=> taken on @sdi_03 setup 👍
as i already took the height and camber from @v8_pursuit , I will say that my setup is already a mix of setup :D Thanks guy for sharing setup :cheers:

I’ve been using @v8_pursuit’s setup conservatively till today, when i maxed out at 1.54.001. I tried @xtrax setup, but i couldn’t get to grips with it; kept losing the rear.
This evening i went for @sdi_03’s setup. Though it did feel harder to drive -the DS4 probably isn’t making it easier- I immediately felt, there was a sharper turn-in; that it would only be a matter of time till i could control it and improve my best lap. And sure enough: within the hour, i did a 1.53.810 -quite happy with that.:)
Thanks to the folks that are sharing their setups here. I’d be lost without You!:bowdown::cheers:

Whouah great time with DS4 :bowdown: , for me it's impossible to drive with DS4 :dunce:

Last edited:

Absolutely brilliant time. :bowdown: I´m 1,5s behind. :cheers:

Yes you 're right, when you are confortable with a setup for several days you have some marks and reflex and changing with a new setup, it's take time to change mark and reflex. I think it's what happened when i try your setup and @sdi setup.

and mix of setup could help without changing the complete setup.

Yesterday i improve to 1.53.328 with the same setup except for rear toe set to 0.00 instead of +0.15 ,=> taken on @sdi_03 setup 👍
as i already took the height and camber from @v8_pursuit , I will say that my setup is already a mix of setup :D Thanks guy for sharing setup :cheers:

Whouah great time with DS4 :bowdown: , for me it's impossible to drive with DS4 :dunce:

My setup after a couple of days is a mix of setups too. I usually apply what works for me best. And your time is very impressive. 👍:cheers:

Hi guys, I finally got under 1:55. Exactly 1:54,847. Here's my setup with a gearbox update. But remember, I'm A DS4 user driving with the sticks and automatic gears, so this is might not an improvement for everyone. Give this a try:
The basic setup is from @sdi_03 with the following changes:

BB - 3
Front height 145mm
Rear camber 1,5

Gears:
Final to 2,500
Max speed to min
4,549 / 77
3,517 / 100
2,929 / 120
2,508 / 140
2,179 / 160
1,885 / 200
Final gear remains at 2,500!!!

You can play with the individual gears to suit your driving and braking style.
Have fun... :cheers:

Edit: Speed in gears added

Last edited:
Hi everyone,Ive been lurking for a while. Thanks for sharing setups and gear ratio’s. Does anyone consider changing the rims of the car with 2 inch up? If so, any of them better than the other? I see the no 1 on the board has upgraded his (if I am right). Happy racing

Hi everyone,Ive been lurking for a while. Thanks for sharing setups and gear ratio’s. Does anyone consider changing the rims of the car with 2 inch up? If so, any of them better than the other? I see the no 1 on the board has upgraded his (if I am right). Happy racing

I don't think rims affect performance in GT. In real life bigger rims increase unsprung mass, so in theory it makes handling even worse. On the upside you can fit bigger brakes. But I don't think either is simulated in the game.

If the whole tyre diameter also changes, you might need to readjust gear ratios to get the same shift points. But again, I think GT keeps the tyre diameter the same (by reducing the tyre sidewall size with bigger rims) so this isn't an issue.

Last edited:

As @LeGeNd-1 explained it, it should not make any difference in the game. But one thing, if the rim-size increases the size of the tire flank should usually decrease accordingly, so that the gear ratios should be equal. Usually, but not always.
Anyway, I used at first the Toyota with 2 inch greater rims and now I use the Subaru with standard rims and I couldn't feel any difference. But test it for yourself and tell us your opinion on that. :cheers:

Last edited:
Redbullis is slowly opening its secrets to me. 1:53.473 :cheers:
SUPER thanks to v8 for the transmission :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

View attachment 986012
heres my tune for gt. :)

@sdi_03 , i gave a new try to your setup and after a certain time , i approached my time, thanks for this excellent setup. :cheers:

with small modification and obviously excellent @v8_pursuit gear box (first one), I managed 1.53.220 :gtpflag:

Thanks to all by sharing setup and giving advice/info. This helps to improve skills :cheers::cheers:

Setup used
BB -1

suspension based on sdi setup with some modifications :
140 110
1,85 1,85
10 10
67 67
89 89
2.0 2.5
in 0.30 0.00

LSD

V8_pursuit Gear box