Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,330 comments
Here are some statistics for TT43 at Goodwood Motor Circuit in the Aston Martin DB5 '64.

1695279795362.png

LB-final.jpg
TT-main table.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg
TT-distribution.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg
TT-DR Graph.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date dropped from 117 to 116.

TT-all gold table.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

Interim Results for TT44 at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout in Gr.3.

1695279847399.png

TT-comparison int.jpg
LB-interim.jpg
This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
TT-interim gaps-1.jpg

And as requested @crome a table with average time per car.
Cars.jpg

And an update on the movie promotion TT at Red Bull Ring in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18.

1695279883126.png

A massive amount of people have taken part so far, making this a 69MB file to date!!

Curious how the distribution on this one is different, with a disproportional amount of drivers getting no reward. Maybe casual drivers doing one lap and not coming back?

TT-comparison int2.jpg
TT-distribution2.jpg
LB-interim2.jpg
This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
TT-interim gaps-2.jpg

Attachments

• TT-interim gaps.jpg
    TT-interim gaps.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT43 at Goodwood Motor Circuit in the Aston Martin DB5 '64.

View attachment 1288887

View attachment 1288888

View attachment 1288913

And an update on the movie promotion TT at Red Bull Ring in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18.

View attachment 1288889

A massive amount of people have taken part so far, making this a 69MB file to date!!

Curious how the distribution on this one is different, with a disproportional amount of drivers getting no reward. Maybe casual drivers doing one lap and not coming back?

This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.View attachment 1288908
Amazing stats :cheers:

Interesting to see the comparison between the current TT and previous ones, esp. for Goodwood. I was surprised to see that my time put me in the top 3.2%, so I figured that the proportion of people golding this one was a lot lower than average, so it's good to see the actual stats on this.

Yeah..... I like the track, i like the big curbs so you can run fairly wide, I don't mind the first chicane, altho with the GTR it's holding on and trying to avoid the left curb a bit on exit, seems slippery.
The hairpin.....Naah.... still feel unnatural, and the tracklimit on the exit on thr left is just hideous.....just why? There is a wall, isn't that enough? then death chicane?, it is better with RH's and grips quite nice I'm still scared everytime I send it..... I will die alot here,....again..

Did 20 laps ending at 1:39.5 for now, rhe bankerlap is set 🤣

Amazing stats :cheers:

Interesting to see the comparison between the current TT and previous ones, esp. for Goodwood. I was surprised to see that my time put me in the top 3.2%, so I figured that the proportion of people golding this one was a lot lower than average, so it's good to see the actual stats on this.
You are welcome. Yes, there is always a surprise or two in the stats. For me the takeaway generally has been to not beat myself up for being lower on the community scoreboard, because there are some extremely fast people around. You could be in or near the top 1% of all drivers and still be 25th on our scoreboard!

View attachment 1288887

View attachment 1288888

View attachment 1288913

View attachment 1288889

This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.View attachment 1288908
P32 BABY!!! I was pushing so hard for a 1:23.xxx. It wasn’t to be. Still, best ever finish, I’m happy with that :D

IMG_2634.jpeg

IMG_2635.jpeg

IMG_2637.jpeg

Can PD stop shoving Gr3 in our faces, please?

All 3 TTs are Gr3 now and at least 1 daily.
Every
Single
Week.

Give us more adventuresome stuff. That's what this is for, not daily and GTWS practice laps.
It really is ridiculous overkill. Daily Gr3 @ LM, TT Gr3s @ RBR, Catalunya and DTS and GTWS Gr3 @ DTS. All this after such an original and enjoyable combo at Goodwood. C’mon PD, can we just ask for an ounce of creativity?

Also, in before Daily Gr3 @ Spa next week.

Been trying Catalunya in the 458 and it's a real struggle. Huge understeer everywhere, but it feels really inconsistent. Sometimes it turns fine, but other times it will literally go straight when I ease in the throttle. Not sure if they've change things recently with the controllers and I don't really drive Gr.3 cars much anymore, but I can't wrap my head around what the car wants to do exiting corners. It almost feels like a coin toss whether my front tires will grip or not.

I'm only a tenth off gold, but I've already spent way more time on it than I feel is worth.

Last edited:
Been trying Catalunya in the 458 and it's a real struggle. Huge understeer everywhere, but it feels really inconsistent. Sometimes it turns fine, but other times it will literally go straight when I ease in the throttle. Not sure if they've change things recently with the controllers and I don't really drive Gr.3 cars much anymore, but I can't wrap my head around what the car wants to do exiting corners. It almost feels like a coin toss whether my front tires will grip or not.

I'm only a tenth off gold, but I've already spent way more time on it than I feel is worth.
Try the McLaren, it's very balanced with great downforce in the long corners. Very stable and predictable. At least on wheel, but it should be the same on controller.

I used to have that problem. Try to be smoother when lifting the brakes during trail braking, and same goes to the throttle. Also....eyes looking forward (like 2 to 4 seconds ahead)....it helps to smooth out the control as well.

Tried the McLaren. It's even worse. Have to brake so much earlier, and I just couldn't adjust. Came back to the Ferrari and couldn't get back to where I was before. Started at midnight. It's now 4:45am. I think it's a healthy time to quit.

I told myself not to waste more than 40 minutes trying to get gold on any of these when I could just be grinding credits, but I was only a tenth away after about 15 minutes and then obsession set in. Some of these track and car combos just don't suit me I suppose. Should have quit a long time ago.

View attachment 1288888

hmm, is this table correct or my browser is showing me wrong table, 0.1 sec increments for Catalunya ? It shows me 1:23.*** sec times while Catalunya times are on 1:45... ish ?

I don't know how much time you spent on the game? but if it's like me who plays 1 or 2 times a week I advise you to take what is used at the top of the ranking, the rest is a waste of time for me! so I find the Ferrari easier in this combo 😉
I could take the easy route and take what's top of the boards, but where's the fun in that? I have a garage full of Gr.3 cars which I like to drive, so I'll always opt for a favourite before resorting to the META. I like the challenge of taking something that's not an obvious choice and extracting what I can out of that, then moving on to something else. I play most days, although probably only 30 mins to an hour.

I could take the easy route and take what's top of the boards, but where's the fun in that? I have a garage full of Gr.3 cars which I like to drive, so I'll always opt for a favourite before resorting to the META. I like the challenge of taking something that's not an obvious choice and extracting what I can out of that, then moving on to something else. I play most days, although probably only 30 mins to an hour.
I understand good philosophy, I would probably do the same thing if I had more time available!

Hello everyone,

by accident I unlocked the secret Acura NSX GT3! It's hidden by pressing 6 times in a row R1+R2+R3 on the starting Screen but only If you had at least played 3 other GT-games before... 😉 I like it a lot and it is instantly 1 whole second faster than the old Honda NSX. 😂

So, I ran Barcelona which looks like silver to me. The new TT I like a lot. I won't get tired to confirm that I prefer a bunch of race cars to choose from against any road car.

Happy lapping everyone, even the Aliens! 👽

Attachments

• 18ab80c5c7e33-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18ab80c5c7e33-screenshotUrl.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I completely agree with you. It's too easy to always take the META (a car that I hate so much 🤮🤮🤮).
It's a lot more fun to take GT3s that we feel good with. And this challenge is always a lot of fun. I'm having fun with the Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20 on this circuit. It's very easy to drive but I still have trouble with the chicanes😡😡 !!!! There are too many chicanes in the circuits 🤣🤣 !!!!

I completely agree with you. It's too easy to always take the META (a car that I hate so much 🤮🤮🤮).
It's a lot more fun to take GT3s that we feel good with. And this challenge is always a lot of fun. I'm having fun with the Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20 on this circuit. It's very easy to drive but I still have trouble with the chicanes😡😡 !!!! There are too many chicanes in the circuits 🤣🤣 !!!!
If you can achieve the target times with a non-META car then why not, right? Also, they gave us about a billion cars to drive around, so why not try them all out??

I haven't had a crack at DTS yet, but I'll probably start off with some obscure options like the EVO, WRX, Genesis X, Corvette and the Viper. I often find that driving these other cars I at least get some use out of them and there's the circuit experience you get with that practice too. So if you're missing out on gold by 2 tenths without using the META, then just jump into the META for the last couple of days and crack into gold. At least that's my approach...

Latest Posts

Back