Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,371 comments
Is it enough ? Kie25 said 1:39:2 would be enough but we are already there.

1000015286.jpg

At the right price I could "forget" to include our resident aliens...
Thanks mate for finally putting your paypal in signature. if you got notification from some albin3d, that is me :) I just sent you 100 SEK, which is approx 10€ depending on exchange rate today. Thanks for great work you do here and you do not need to "forget" aliens, let Djolliea be first as long as he can, I will fight my way up as much as I can, when I can.

Thanks mate for finally putting your paypal in signature. if you got notification from some albin3d, that is me :) I just sent you 100 SEK, which is approx 10€ depending on exchange rate today. Thanks for great work you do here and you do not need to "forget" aliens, let Djolliea be first as long as he can, I will fight my way up as much as I can, when I can.
You are very kind, thank you. :D

Here you go.

Many thanks!

Looking back, I have just one regret, event number 7 at lago maggiore.
I could have golded that one, and it was gold til the last day, when jeddah and doodle decided to have a fight for the first place 😁

Suzuka with mp4 on the contrary I dont think it could even be goldable with automatic, I remember it was even suggested to skip a gear, going from 2nd to 4th, because of the time lost while changing.

Suzuka with mp4 on the contrary I dont think it could even be goldable with automatic, I remember it was even suggested to skip a gear, going from 2nd to 4th, because of the time lost while changing.
That was so efficient, I did it all the time, 2 to 4, 3 to 5 for some corners, 2 to 4 to 6, etc... There was a daily race with that same combo after, you could definitely see who knew and who didn't !

Errgh...I have zero consistency with the chicane in the 1st sector. I've managed a few 33.3s but that relied on the lottery of cutting the first part. Also lossing time going up the hill....I've only managed to keep up (sorta) with TheKie's ghost a few times. I can probably gain a tenth or two going meta, but kinda want to stick with a none meta car and see how far I can go.

Another little improvement in Dragon and got gold just with 1'39'185 with AMG GT3. The double S, which must be taken at high speed, really scares me. I waste a lot of time there. This will have to work !!!!
But It's really a pleasure to drive this car on this circuit. Stable, very maneuverable, no understeer or oversteer and still fast. I think I will continue to work with this AMG GT3 when it is worth it. 😍😍

16953926638063849386297685622923.jpg

I can probably gain a tenth or two going meta, but kinda want to stick with a none meta car and see how far I can go.
Hmmm.....what's that burning feeling coming from my bottom? Oh wait....my pants are on fire :dunce:

18abd815a3542-screenshotUrl.jpg

How did I not crash??

Yeah...It could've been another tenth or so if I didn't mess up the coner entry right at the end of the 1st sector....🫠

Hopefully this will hold for silver in the end. :scared:

View attachment 1289186
I can't imagine the top guys find that much time if I look at the replay, I think your silver should do it
How to best describe Chicane of death on Dragon Tail in one picture.
View attachment 1289187
😂 yeah I lifted to much, but good for comfort 🤣 my 38.6 would def be lower, but I just didn't dare full send 🤣, i have to practice it over and over again, your .3 is nice tho!

Maby this weekend i can find some time but fairly busy 😭
Another little improvement in Dragon and got gold just with 1'39'185 with AMG GT3. The double S, which must be taken at high speed, really scares me. I waste a lot of time there. This will have to work !!!!
But It's really a pleasure to drive this car on this circuit. Stable, very maneuverable, no understeer or oversteer and still fast. I think I will continue to work with this AMG GT3 when it is worth it. 😍😍

View attachment 1289188
You are getting faster into gold each TT!
My first quick laps are always hopefull and in or close to gold, then my next real stint just sucks and I can't find any progression, then 3th session most of the time is a real first secure time.
I very curious where you end up with the Merc!,

Nice amigo!

Yesterday it was my last attempt at the Red Bull Ring and I did reach a laptime at the edge of gold area and below 1:30'5. I'm quite happy with the result and passed some friends in my list...

Barcelona without the chicane was one of the first time trials I put some "serious" effort in. This time it doesn't feels the same. The '20 AMG works here wonders for me.

Now Dragon Trail ist calling...

Attachments

• 18abdb5c1f361-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18abdb5c1f361-screenshotUrl.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 9
So I came back to Catalunya since I was so painfully close to gold. Decided to try it with chase cam and immediately discovered I was overdriving and trying to accelerate too early before with the hood/roof cam. Beat gold by a solid 2 and a half tenths on my third lap out.(after trying to shave a single tenth for 4 or 5 straight hours before):banghead:

I'm surprised by how much difference the camera view made. I've always been more comfortable with chase cam, but I thought roof cam was giving me a competitive edge the past few time trials with knowing what the car is doing. Chase cam helped me be WAY more patient with letting the car coast through the corners long enough. I'm also a lot more consistent with corner entry. Guess I should stick to what I know.

The 1:39.189 in the Supra wasn't feeling very promising so I knocked it down a few more tenths to a 1:38.722 in the Porsche. I got one decent lap that I sent it right through the death chicane without lifting and made it as straight a shot as I could and that ended up being the best lap so far. Let's see if this one will hold.

I can't imagine the top guys find that much time if I look at the replay, I think your silver should do it

😂 yeah I lifted to much, but good for comfort 🤣 my 38.6 would def be lower, but I just didn't dare full send 🤣, i have to practice it over and over again, your .3 is nice tho!

Maby this weekend i can find some time but fairly busy 😭

You are getting faster into gold each TT!
My first quick laps are always hopefull and in or close to gold, then my next real stint just sucks and I can't find any progression, then 3th session most of the time is a real first secure time.
I very curious where you end up with the Merc!,

Nice amigo!
Thanks a lot my friend.
Faster that I don't know 🤣🤣. I would rather say that I am calmer and that I have time to do miles because my summer schedule allows me to do so.
As I said this Mercedes is really a very interesting car. So I think that if I keep calm and manage to follow the ghost of a Frenchman (Fabienrc57), who did 1'37'933 with the Mercedes, I can consider being under 1'39.
In any case I will not use the META (🤮🤮) because I feel better with the Mercedes-AMG. And it’s an interesting challenge to take on to take another car. I think you should also try again with the Nissan because @djolliea managed to lower his time again.

Man, this is rough! I have no other words to say except:
HELPPPP!!! I need to get to gold but don't k now how. See this is tricky because the first right turn you can mess up in anyway. I wish I could drive on the green part some but I'm afraid I may go out of the track limit and mess up my lap.

Last edited:
Lol, I haven't even tried the Dragon TT yet, and what does everyone mean about the "death of chicane"? Does it kill everyone's lap when they come to it?
There's only 3 ways to take the chicane.

1. Like a chicken and go through it slowly.
2. Take it the right way (Slight lift at the beginning then full throttle the whole thing)
3. See no 2 but unsuccessfully and crash.

This is how close I was away from crashing.
18abd81383434-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

HELPPPP!!! I need to get to gold but don't k now how. See this is tricky because the first right turn you can mess up in anyway. I wish I could drive on the green part some but I'm afraid I may go out of the track limit and mess up my lap.

After watching your laps, I would say it's mostly a consistency thing. You did a good job of adjusting such as braking later into a few of the corners. I think the final two turns, you can get on the gas a little bit earlier. And turn 1 is a crapshoot. For all of us. You aren't getting through there too badly, honestly. You're keeping in the safe zone to avoid penalties. Don't get down on yourself if you don't reach gold. The top guys are supremely fast.
Lol, I haven't even tried the Dragon TT yet, and what does everyone mean about the "death of chicane"? Does it kill everyone's lap when they come to it?
Pretty much! :lol: Once you try it, you'll see why. For a fast time through there, you're literally an inch or two off the wall. Just watch our replays!

Ran some more mileage at Dragon Trail today. I picked up a couple of tenths but left time on the table as usual. I lost a good chunk of it in the esses in the middle sector, and then at least half a tenth when I got a little too deep into the final turn. Still not a bad run. I can smell the 1:37's.
IMG_2391.jpg

Having said that, looking at my friends leaderboards for the current TT's, I'm starting to know what it feels like to be Checo...:lol:
IMG_2393.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg

Alright, I've been switching cars back and forth at Dragon Trail, not sure at all which one to commit to. It seems like BoP is pretty well balanced now since you can get good (and very similar) results with many different cars:

Currently got the fastest lap in the Genesis X (1:37.251), 2nd fastest in the GT-R (1:37.536) and 3rd fastest in the Supra (1:37.708). Got into the 37s also with the 458 (1:37.711), Huracan (1:37.789), R.S.01 (1:37.807), M6 (1:37.824), 911 (1:37.847), AMG '20 (1:37.923), R8 (1:37.952) and 650S (1:37.970).

The Genesis X is very strong here but it's not the easiest to tame. It has lots of power in the lower RPMs so you have to be very careful with the throttle when exiting corners. But once you get that power down, the results speak for themselves.

Screenshot_2023-09-23-01-20-27-86_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Edit: I uploaded my ghost (Genesis X) and you can now find it by searching 'GTPseaside' or my user name.

Last edited:
Currently got the fastest lap in the Genesis X (1:37.251), 2nd fastest in the GT-R (1:37.536) and 3rd fastest in the Supra (1:37.708). Got into the 37s also with the 458 (1:37.711), Huracan (1:37.789), R.S.01 (1:37.807), M6 (1:37.824), 911 (1:37.847), AMG '20 (1:37.923), R8 (1:37.952) and 650S (1:37.970)
While the rest of us have to push hard to get into the 37's with anything at all, here @djolliea is casually putting up 37's with 11 different cars. Good lord, man! 👽👽👽

The most obvious thing I see here is that you’re not using the whole track. For turn 1 for example, you should get your right wheels on the rumble strip on approach.

I’d suggest you watch a top time and take not of where they place the car on entry and exit.

Back