Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,330 comments
Any recommendations for a good car to use with a controller for the DTS Gr.3 TT? I tried it because I like the track, and used the Supra GT500 after watching Tidgney's video, but I really struggled with turn in for the chicane of death exit due to the time it takes the car to respond to a full movement of the controller stick. If anyone has got gold with controller stick steering, I'd be interested to know what car you used.

Any recommendations for a good car to use with a controller for the DTS Gr.3 TT? I tried it because I like the track, and used the Supra GT500 after watching Tidgney's video, but I really struggled with turn in for the chicane of death exit due to the time it takes the car to respond to a full movement of the controller stick. If anyone has got gold with controller stick steering, I'd be interested to know what car you used.
You probably have it on 10 but just checking if your steering sensitivity settings is 10?

Edit, and check if you have countersteering on, turn it off and try.

Last edited:
Alright, I've been switching cars back and forth at Dragon Trail, not sure at all which one to commit to. It seems like BoP is pretty well balanced now since you can get good (and very similar) results with many different cars:

Currently got the fastest lap in the Genesis X (1:37.251), 2nd fastest in the GT-R (1:37.536) and 3rd fastest in the Supra (1:37.708). Got into the 37s also with the 458 (1:37.711), Huracan (1:37.789), R.S.01 (1:37.807), M6 (1:37.824), 911 (1:37.847), AMG '20 (1:37.923), R8 (1:37.952) and 650S (1:37.970).

The Genesis X is very strong here but it's not the easiest to tame. It has lots of power in the lower RPMs so you have to be very careful with the throttle at corner exits. But once you get that power down, the results speak for themselves.

View attachment 1289315

What a great lap!!!
Can you share ghost inside game so I can try to follow you, pretty please.

Lol, I haven't even tried the Dragon TT yet, and what does everyone mean about the "death of chicane"? Does it kill everyone's lap when they come to it?
Like @Dolph Drago said, you'll see for yourself once you get out there.

Killer of lap times, sure. But the Chicane of Death would probably actually kill if people would hit a wall like that IRL flying through there without the fear, full throttle.

In VR, those crashes are very disorienting.

What a great lap!!!
Can you share ghost inside game so I can try to follow you, pretty please.
Just load fastest lap(R8G kajracer) and follow ghost as it has clean lines without any tricks, then after you get conisitency study that replay again to see where are ypu losing time.
I have gold time with +2.55% and have managed to get around 0.500 just with exiting 3 slow corners in 3rd gear instead of 2nd.

Last edited:
Just load fastest lap(R8G kajracer) and follow ghost as it has clean lines without any tricks, then after you get conisitency study that replay again to see where are ypu losing time.
I have gold time with +2.55% and have managed to get around 0.500 just with exiting 3 slow corners in 3rd gear instead of 2nd.
I usually follow same car ghost since I noticed difference in braking points and so on, so when I drive Supra then I follow Supra ghost but @djolliea is driving Genesis X so I am asking for that ghost.

You probably have it on 10 but just checking if your steering sensitivity settings is 10?
I do, yes. It still feels like a lottery getting the turn in right for the chicane of death, I fully move the stick then can do nothing but watch the path of the car and hope.

Improved from 1:40.6 with the Supra GT500 to 1:40.0 with the Nissan GTR. I'll maybe try the AMG and the '18 Supra another time, but the fact you don't get any credits per lap is a bit of a disincentive to spend much time on it.

Last edited:
Controller here, got gold times with GTR '18 and Alfa 4C so far. I think I will stick with Alfa as I chose it for the Manufacturers cup.

I do, yes. It still feels like a lottery getting the turn in right for the chicane of death, I fully move the stick then can do nothing but watch the path of the car and hope.

Improved from 1:40.6 with the Supra GT500 to 1:40.0 with the Nissan GTR. I'll maybe try the AMG and the '18 Supra another time, but the fact you don't get any credits per lap is a bit of a disincentive to spend much time on it.
The trick (for me) for the chicane of death is "Do not look at the wall"....but rather focus on about a meter/3 feet away from it. You steer automagically to where you look....you look at the wall....you crash. You look too far away from the wall....you will hit the curbs, which will fling the car sideway....you crash. This chicane really requires you to thread a needle to get it right.

I won't be home in the morning but I will try to do a gold time with Porsche RSR this afternoon with controller, automatic, and TC1 (this might be hard 🤪)

@breeminator

Turns out I have half an hr because wife and kid couldn't wake up 🤪

Here is a really scruffy lap with automatic, controller and TC1. Look up "dtttauto" in showcase.
18ac19135d525-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
All three accounts in gold for Seaside, best being a 38.60. Should be good enough on a track I am not particularly fond of.

Used the Supra for all three, but must've forgotten how lose that car is. If I get bored, I might revisit in a more stable car like the Porsche or maybe even Lambo. I know I lost so much time correcting the Supra.

I am looking forward to this coming Thursday and getting double rewards for the two closing TTs! That GTR at RBR is finally over this week.

Last edited:
I think I’m doing something fundamentally wrong here… don’t feel like I’m leaving a lot of time on the track but I’ve only just squeaked under 1:40 in the Alfa (which is fast but doesn’t ride the curbs well through CoD) - have tried the AMG, Porsche, GTR, M6 and Supra, so it’s definitely a driver problem rather than a car thing. Will study replays later. Some great times out there - crack on!

I swear they're making it harder to get bronze! Tried that Toyota GR Supra at the Trail that the aliens are using and there's something not right with it. It behaves like an EV running out of battery. Started second lap and my ghost shot past as if I was standing still. So maybe a bad exit, but third lap even worse and the lap times were plummeting. Tried a Mercedes and it was fine, so not my wheel. Odd. Will keep plugging away and will get bronze eventually ( 🤞)

Last edited:
I think I’m doing something fundamentally wrong here… don’t feel like I’m leaving a lot of time on the track but I’ve only just squeaked under 1:40 in the Alfa (which is fast but doesn’t ride the curbs well through CoD) - have tried the AMG, Porsche, GTR, M6 and Supra, so it’s definitely a driver problem rather than a car thing. Will study replays later. Some great times out there - crack on!
It is possible that you were either not close enough to the wall or the entry to the second part was too wide. If done right, I think the right wheels would go over the crub and won't fling the car to the left.

I'm 0.5s off gold with the Evo, if that helps.

DT Seaside, even in my go to gr3 car these days, I feel like in the Vantage V12, best I could do is a 1.39.5-6. Sitting currently at a 1.39.7 after fluking a good lap in the driftyboi Huracan.

Goodwood was an easy gold, 30 min practice for a 1.25.4, had the pace to go 2-3 tenths quicker, but was busy those 2 weeks. Looks like Batcelona might be gold. I want to give it one more run, to see if I can break 1.46. Sitting at a 1.46.2, might retry with Lambo, and also try with Ferrari and Citroen. 🤔

I tried a few more laps with the Supra but keep stuffing up somewhere, so I'm going for the GTR for a while @Jeje6410 and fully commit to it, altho I'm going to try....

I am still way faster with the Sup but we will see 🤣

The new decals should help 🙈

View attachment 1289469
you can do it with the GT-R 💪💪and your new stickers will help you I'm sure !!!!. 🤣🤣
I saw the video from @snc and frankly it's a car as fast and very interesting as the Mercedes-AMG. @snc 's ride is really very clean and his choice of the GT-R is wise.

Last edited:
YES! After about 7 million attempts, 9 million penalties in every single corner inside and outside, chasing the WR ghost really helped, and I finally got myself to watch the actual replay and only a couple of downshifts in some corners made the difference. I tried the 911, Merc '20, BRZ, R8, 650S, not a single time I managed to go under 1.45.5, so I came back to the 458.

I did 1:45.1xx like 7 times, even got into the 44s (1:44.98x) three or four times but with a small stupid penalty, so I went again and again... And FINALLY!

SHARE_20230923_0814152.jpeg
SHARE_20230923_0814141.jpeg

Looking back at the lap, 1st and 2nd sectors were nothing special (30.1, 39.8) but I nailed the last sector. Before that, I had much better 1st (29.9) and 2nd (39.6) but I always somehow managed to screw up the sausages or the final exit. So, optimal was for sure a 1:44.7, even 1:44.6, but that's not going to happen because I'm done, going to the next one, goal is achieved :D

Even made a special livery to celebrate the occasion (check the door) :lol:

SHARE_20230923_0814120.jpeg

Last edited:
I swear they're making it harder to get bronze! Tried that Toyota GR Supra at the Trail that the aliens are using and there's something not right with it. It behaves like an EV running out of battery. Started second lap and my ghost shot past as if I was standing still. So maybe a bad exit, but third lap even worse and the lap times were plummeting. Tried a Mercedes and it was fine, so not my wheel. Odd. Will keep plugging away and will get bronze eventually ( 🤞)
I was in that same mood, than moved to nissan and felt way better

I tried a few more laps with the Supra but keep stuffing up somewhere, so I'm going for the GTR for a while @Jeje6410 and fully commit to it, altho I'm going to try....

I am still way faster with the Sup but we will see 🤣

The new decals should help 🙈

View attachment 1289469
Do you mind to share your ghost in game? I may be needing a rabbit with same car to hunt.

I anticipate i'm not catching you, it's a cruelty free chase

Little test today with 186 kms and again little improvement with 1'39'078 with again AMG GT3 '20. Maybe tomorrow or Monday I will be able to be under 1'39 🤞🏼🤞🏼

View attachment 1289417
Great times in the Merc! I tried 4 cars and called it quits and went Supra, respect.
In the past I used a bunch of your tunes and I thank you again for that.

I just made it into the 38’s today and I know that you will too.

Oh and FR sent 🥹

Attachments

• IMG_3997.jpeg
    IMG_3997.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
It is possible that you were either not close enough to the wall or the entry to the second part was too wide. If done right, I think the right wheels would go over the crub and won't fling the car to the left.
This helped, thanks. Was being too cautious into the second part of the chicane, but also unsettling the car going in which meant my line wasn’t repeatable or smooth. All a bit of a hot mess really…

Anyway, got the hang of it and put in 75 miles in the M6 to duck into gold and under 1:39. Off to try some other cars now that I know where to point them. Thanks again
1695511185195.jpeg

EDIT: took another tenth off in the 911, but optimals now at 1:38.3.

Last edited:
Little test today with 186 kms and again little improvement with 1'39'078 with again AMG GT3 '20. Maybe tomorrow or Monday I will be able to be under 1'39 🤞🏼🤞🏼

View attachment 1289417
Good luck with your quest, I'm in the 1'42.000's, I tried using the AMG car first then I switched to the Porsche RSR and got better results. And I swiped the chicane of death without a scratch. Today was my 32nd birthday also so I had a pretty good relaxing day with gt7. I won't give up hope on this but gold does seem challenging and vying.

Good luck with your quest, I'm in the 1'42.000's, I tried using the AMG car first then I switched to the Porsche RSR and got better results. And I swiped the chicane of death without a scratch. Today was my 32nd birthday also so I had a pretty good relaxing day with gt7. I won't give up hope on this but gold does seem challenging and vying.
Happy Birthday! I turn 36 this coming Wednesday myself. :cheers:

Back