Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Siege (10/13/15)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 224 comments

Do you plan to buy R6: Siege?

• Total voters
Get ready open beta is comming next week i believe starting nov 24 for people from closed beta and 25 for everyone until nov 29. Dec 1 the game is out happy hunting

Open beta is going to be open today for people who played last one and then open for public 25th

They say that you can preload the Beta, but it's nowhere to be found in my games list. I'm really interested in this game, but Uplay is really turning me off from getting it. Would like to try the Beta before deciding to buy it.

If anyone wants to play together, send me a friend request at "I__Like_Oranges". We have 4 to 5 people who play together, but it would be nice to have more. It would be preferable if you are good at the game(sorry, don't know how to say it nicely).

When beta was eorking properly enjoyed it alot i prefer this typeof fps over cod anf battlefield types alot i hope conection issues get worked out because im gonna play alot of this

I played this a lot with the open beta. Really liked it and as a few buddies will get it too, it will be a joy fightin in a squad.

iboniboxps if you want to add me ;)

Being an online only game surely that would make sense?

It isn't an online only game. Terrorist Hunt can be played offline. Except if the servers are down, in which case, you can't do anything.

Reach over level 50 in both beta's, it sucks starting over again:lol:. Servers are getting better and better each day.

Decided to pull the trigger on this one as I am a sucker for Tom Clancy games, though, Future Soldier left a sour taste in my mouth......but glad I did. I didn't realize how much I missed tactical gameplay. I have only done the Situations (tutorial) but holy cow is it exhilarating creeping through a house hearing footsteps just beyond the wall.

I had to adjust to the controls and eliminate the deadzones on my analog sticks in order to not feel as clunky but much of this is probably due to the other shooters and their controls.

I am also worried that playing online without a constant communicating team will kill this game fast, but time will tell?

A nice change of pace in shooters....or more like a trip down memory lane when I first got into shooters circa 2003.

here a oldtime vegas player,... will play this before playing project cars and maybe after project cars on some days.
(Between 1800 and 2000 uk time and after 2200 o clock)

You NEED friends for this game and communications,..

PSN: allstyles

Last edited:
Decided to pull the trigger on this one as I am a sucker for Tom Clancy games, though, Future Soldier left a sour taste in my mouth......but glad I did. I didn't realize how much I missed tactical gameplay. I have only done the Situations (tutorial) but holy cow is it exhilarating creeping through a house hearing footsteps just beyond the wall.

I had to adjust to the controls and eliminate the deadzones on my analog sticks in order to not feel as clunky but much of this is probably due to the other shooters and their controls.

I am also worried that playing online without a constant communicating team will kill this game fast, but time will tell?

A nice change of pace in shooters....or more like a trip down memory lane when I first got into shooters circa 2003.
I am also a huge fan of Tom Clancy games and I also hated Future Soldier (luckily after the FS beta I only rented it and it was terrible). FS was by far the worst Tom Clancy game created. With that said I already enjoyed the closed beta of RSS and was looking forward to this game.

Played for a couple hours last night in Terrorist hunt with friends and randoms and had an absolute blast. Yes very tactical for sure and a truly unique experience EVERY single time because all of the enemies, the barriers, defenses, everything are all dynamic. Even the events where you have to arm a bomb, capture a hostage, defend a bomb, or defend a hostage, all dynamic. You are also able to spawn within 4-5 different locations to plan an attack. Making every game a unique experience. Plus fully destructible environments along with the ability to breach through ceilings and floors. Some moments are beyond hilarious as the suicide bomber will run out of nowhere and destroy your team when they least expect it. :lol:

Had a couple "host disconnected" issues last night but overall very happy with this purchase. So nice to be playing a truly great TC game again. Plus if you buy this you get RSV1 and RSV2 for free on the X1 as BC. :D

Last edited:
FS was by far the worst Tom Clancy game created.

You clearly never played Splinter Cell: Double Agent, or at least the PS3 version. That was awful... Future Soldier at least had a fun gun customisation thing and the best shotgun ever seen in a game, I can't remember what it's called but it had a muzzle attachment that looked like this:

Simpsons-Gun-Loudener.jpg

Edit: I meant to actually mention R6:S in this post, I'm interested in it but managed to miss both betas because I was without my PC for ages, also I'm not going to pay the usual Ubisoft prices but I'll probably pick it up when it's at a decent discount. Uplay is strongly not in its favour, too, and I expect I'll only ever play it with people I know because frankly, I'm not stupid enough (any more) to expect fun games with random people.

Last edited:
Anyone on xbox 1 noticing analog movement issues? It may be my controller but it will drift to the right after stopping and trying to aim (will post a vid later) cause my description is most likely unclear.

Also, they need to allow for zero deadzone, I have my right analog stick at the lowest (5) and it still seems difficult to smoothly aim, moreso when lining up a shot.

I should note this is in Terrorist HUnt, as MP is more fluid and not as much an issue.

If anyone wants to play together, send me a friend request at "I__Like_Oranges". We have 4 to 5 people who play together, but it would be nice to have more. It would be preferable if you are good at the game(sorry, don't know how to say it nicely).

Nice Joe, how do I put this. "You have my sword"

Loving this game i think i must be the only one who like future soilder as well

Yeah, I have a good amount of time invested in the game and it just gets better each time I play and get familiar with each operator and map.

I mostly do TH and of the 40+ games I have played, a few have no one talking but most have people who want to work together, which is nice.

For me, the whole concept of the game is right up my alley.

Make sure you remember to open the Uplay app so you get your free skins and goodies. There is also a free 24 hour renown bonus. We had a group together on Friday / Saturday where all of us had the 24 hour bonus renown. With the full group of 5 we were gaining 95% renown each game! The more of your friends that have it in the lobby, the higher it increases for everyone.

Anyone on xbox 1 noticing analog movement issues? It may be my controller but it will drift to the right after stopping and trying to aim (will post a vid later) cause my description is most likely unclear.

Also, they need to allow for zero deadzone, I have my right analog stick at the lowest (5) and it still seems difficult to smoothly aim, moreso when lining up a shot.

I should note this is in Terrorist HUnt, as MP is more fluid and not as much an issue.
I'm going to have a guess and say it's wear and tear from use. Mine has been doing the same thing recently. Sometimes it'll move my character ever so slightly to the left at a slow pace, other times it doesn't register my inputs correctly when I have the stick fully right. I think it's just time for us to get a new one.

I play this way too much... (FO4 and JC3 being on the backburner :lol: )

It's so dynamic that even playing everytime on the same level, it's always different. It's simply great

The verticallity and the destructable environement is a game changer at this level.

I'm going to have a guess and say it's wear and tear from use. Mine has been doing the same thing recently. Sometimes it'll move my character ever so slightly to the left at a slow pace, other times it doesn't register my inputs correctly when I have the stick fully right. I think it's just time for us to get a new one.

Don't forget that everything apart MP is capped at 30fps on both consoles and apparently makes a difference in gameplay like you discribe it.

Don't forget that everything apart MP is capped at 30fps on both consoles and apparently makes a difference in gameplay like you discribe it.
I don't have the game, but thought I would just throw that in as it's something that's been happening to me across a couple of games recently.

Latest Posts

Back