Hyundai tuscani(tiburon) KDM version '03 415hp/340 ftq
206 mph
332 kmh

Honda prelude SIR S spec '98 445 hp 293 ftq
203mph
327kmh

all 0 miles cars with break in.

Last edited:
I'll be putting together some screens from a couple of draft races I was in last night, but for now just an anecdote - Mercedes Benz SL600 (R230) Drafted top speed - 309mph!!!!
There were still loads of revs left on the dial, so a little bit longer and it would have been over 310! Even more slightly impressive was the fact that this was on the first tunnel, which is uphill!

(EDIT: Googledocs list updated, more new items to come)

P.S. Here's the photo
SL600309mph.jpg

Last edited:
Whoever set this record...

Mercedes-Benz SL 600 (R230) '04--------------------------------------(420/n/a kph) (261/n/a mph)

Mind sharing your settings? I can't seem to get past 256 MPH - @ 968 HP.

Edit: Nevermind, Rebuilt engine, got to 1019 HP. That makes sense...

Edit 2: After a good hour and more of tuning, I got nowhere. Stuck at 261.59 MPH or 421 KPH (This is 261.59 MPH)

If you're still looking for this head over to my tuning page, link in signature.

Googledocs page update: 02/01/12

Profile and test data for the following cars added:
  • Volkswagon Scirocco R
  • Gran Turismo Red Bull 2011 Concept - New entry into the "Redbulls" sector of the list
  • Nissan Skyline R32 TC
  • Nissan Skyline R33 TC
  • Nissan Skyline R34 TC
  • Nissan GTR R35 TC
  • Mazda RX7 TC
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution TC
  • Subaru Impreza TC
  • Mazda Roadster TC
  • Honda CRZ TC
  • Dodge Challenger SRT8 TC
  • Toyota FT86 II Concept
  • Nissan GTR Spec V (GT Academy Special)
  • Nissan GTR N24 Schultze Motorsport

Having another go at some of the top end of the leaderboards to see if I can manage more from them, but since the recent update(s) there seems to have been some underhanded speed capping coding on some of the cars.
For example, the Nissan R92CP was easily capable of cracking 270mph with the setup I have always had on it, but now I'm struggling to break 260mph with exactly the same configuration. There are a few others, including the Peugeot LM cars, that seem to be affected by this, and it's really annoying and completely unnecessary.
On another note though, I recently tried to show my brother the "wing" glitch, only to discover it doesn't work anymore.

On another note though, I recently tried to show my brother the "wing" glitch, only to discover it doesn't work anymore.

Hah..

I had a feeling that I shouldn't have accepted speeds obtained under those conditions.

Hmm well let me know by PM if the top 23 changes drastically.. but idk I mean how do we know they wont modify something again in 2.03, 2.04... 3.00 etc @_@ oh well I guess we can only do the best we can.

Last edited:
Well, with the new DLC track coming soon with proper speed recordings in 2.03 I'll run through absolutely everything again, and get some even more detailed results, including the 400m, 1000m and 0-60s. Then the almighty Aventador!!

New Record: Mazda Furai - 226 MPH

Smuttysy, I saw that your SL600 was at 1024 BHP - Mine's only at 1019 HP. Is that a figure discrepancy or is it possible mine isn't maxed out yet? How many miles has yours done?

I bought mine 0 miles from the OCD a while back, and fully run in it's currently at 1025bhp. Probably around 800 or so miles on mine now.

Once you get above 10000 miles you'll start to lose power, regardless of engine rebuilds etc. Once mine gets that far I'll be zeroing it again and duping over to my secondary psn and back.

I bought mine 0 miles from the OCD a while back, and fully run in it's currently at 1025bhp. Probably around 800 or so miles on mine now.

Once you get above 10000 miles you'll start to lose power, regardless of engine rebuilds etc. Once mine gets that far I'll be zeroing it again and duping over to my secondary psn and back.

That makes sense..Mine is currently at 22,144.8
Do you think I could possibly have a go with yours? I wanna see if I can squeeze a bit more MPH's out of it. My PSN iD is the same as my gtp name.

Got a Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) '04 to 259mph, before running out of road on SSR7, it was still accelerating. The car has a lot of torque, but low down, so i have long gears and fairly early gear changes.

I reckon i could tweak it further.

It has 998bhp, and 631PP, no wing.

Last edited:
Got a Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG (R230) '04 to 259mph, before running out of road on SSR7, it was still accelerating. The car has a lot of torque, but low down, so i have long gears and fairly early gear changes.

I reckon i could tweak it further.

It has 998bhp, and 631PP, no wing.

Wings make cars go faster...Add one and max it

Wings make cars go faster...Add one and max it

,,,,, sometimes. They add PP, but they can also add drag.

I have tested some where the "wingless" version was capable of 2-3mph more at the same settings as one with the wing added.

,,,,, sometimes. They add PP, but they can also add drag.

I have tested some where the "wingless" version was capable of 2-3mph more at the same settings as one with the wing added.

In my testing at least..Online, Yes. Wings slow you down. Offline though, Never found that to be the case, then again I really haven't done that many cars.

Just had another go at the Escudo and it flat out refuses to go beyond 197mph. I think this may be one of the few cars with aerodynamic drag factored into it's acceleration, as it'll get to the 197 easy enough and then completely stop any further acceleration, regardless of gearing.
I also took it into SSR7 in the arcade mode single race, which it gave me a full grid of Toyota 7's to play with. Once again, maximum naturally achievable speed was 197, but the slightest hint of "cleaned" air from someone's draft and it immediately accelerates with the same ferocity as all previous points below the 197.
Shame you can't pick the grid of opponents, as I'd like to see this drafting a batch of X's, as I think it may well be a 300mph car in the draft. The Toyota's were drafting me too, but never managed to catch me, let alone get past.
I only managed 239mph before having to move out of the draft and pass the cars, to which the Suzuki immediately threw its arms in the air and decided it was going way too fast, and swiftly returned to 197mph!

Given it's form from previous generations of the series, it seems PD have tried to tame this car for GT5, which given it's level of power is just plain wrong and silly.

Yes, and no.

Easier - yes.
More valid - not really, as some people won't buy the DLC, and therefore will not be able to achieve the speeds from Route X, SSR7 is freely available to all, and thus will be more relevant to more people.

Incidentally though, I have created a new Googledocs spreadsheet specifically for Route X tests, including all the acceleration figures.

Smuttysy
Yes, and no.

Easier - yes.
More valid - not really, as some people won't buy the DLC, and therefore will not be able to achieve the speeds from Route X, SSR7 is freely available to all, and thus will be more relevant to more people.

Incidentally though, I have created a new Googledocs spreadsheet specifically for Route X tests, including all the acceleration figures.

Route x will probably give a true top speed if it is anything like a bigger test course. All flat with much longer straight.

I got my stock Veyron to 246.4 mph. Going to call Bugatti and get my money back for not hitting 253 mph!

---------------------------
I'll be updating this post as I gather Top Speeds. Follow this post if you want the newly update Route X Speeds hot off the tarmac!

1) Aventador - 244.3 mph

2) SL600 R230 - 273.6 mph

3) Veyron - 299.2 MPH -- I don't think I can break to 300, Then again with lots of fiddling I might, Ya never know!

4) Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel - 315.7 MPH

5) Minolta - 281.8 MPH

-Taking a break.

Last edited:
savage388
Yea that was before I got to drive on it. A 7 MILE straight is absolutely plenty for any car.

I hope PD creates a stage 4 turbo or higher that would make SSRX usable for more cars. We only have a very small handful of cars that could actually make use of it's 19 miles!

ugabugaz
---------------------------
I'll be updating this post as I gather Top Speeds. Follow this post if you want the newly update Route X Speeds hot off the tarmac!

1) Aventador - 244.3 mph

2) SL600 R230 - 273.6 mph

3) Veyron - 299.2 MPH -- I don't think I can break to 300, Then again with lots of fiddling I might, Ya never know!

4) Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel - 315.7 MPH
300 is possible but ive only got to 299.3:D
DaveTheStalker
I hope PD creates a stage 4 turbo or higher that would make SSRX usable for more cars. We only have a very small handful of cars that could actually make use of it's 19 miles!

it would be really nice to have more power for a lot of cars. The powerband doesn't matter either because of how big the track is.

300 is possible but ive only got to 299.3:D

it would be really nice to have more power for a lot of cars. The powerband doesn't matter either because of how big the track is.

Are you jerking me round or did you get to 299.3? Lol
I'm on to the Minolta now.

ugabugaz
Are you jerking me round or did you get to 299.3? Lol
I'm on to the Minolta now.

No I really did :lol: I read your post then made one last tune and run. I really lol'd at my top speed.
Btw a stock c6 zo6 does 209.0

Back