Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't enjoy PWC that much (and they go out of their way to make it impossible to watch races), but TCR can't hurt.
I've only watched the races on the YouTube channel. If they broadcast I've, hopefully, I'll tune in.

Interesting. :)
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017/12/22/wtcr-reveals-calendar-inaugural-season-2018/

April 8 – Marrakech, Morocco
April 29 – Hungaroring, Hungary
May 13 – Nürburgring, Germany
May 21 – Zandvoort, The Netherlands
June 24 – Vila Real, Portugal
July 22 – TBC (Option 1)
August 5 – Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina
September 30 – Ningbo, China
October 7 – TBC (Option 2)
October 21 – Suzuka, Japan
November 18 – Macau, China

(Zandvoort is on a Monday)

Bathurst 1000 is October 7th. :P

Hey, the Bathurst 12hr is Feb 4th, there's a season starter for ya! :D

[EDIT] Never mind, I see what you did there...

On the WTCR calendar, I was expecting more of a mix of TCR locations and WTCC locations, but I'm surprised that it's just a modified WTCC calendar. Nice surprise to see Suzuka back, glad they kept the Nurburgring, and glad they're not going back to Losail. That circuit is not for touring cars.

Hey, the Bathurst 12hr is Feb 4th, there's a season starter for ya! :D

[EDIT] Never mind, I see what you did there...

On the WTCR calendar, I was expecting more of a mix of TCR locations and WTCC locations, but I'm surprised that it's just a modified WTCC calendar. Nice surprise to see Suzuka back, glad they kept the Nurburgring, and glad they're not going back to Losail. That circuit is not for touring cars.
It was always going to be that way. Eurosport still run it so still have the contracted events probably.

HOWEVER:
150,000EUR and has to be a 2 car team for a season so no Duncan Ende 1 car team. According to Matt Neal, that's a pretty high entry fee.

Going to 3 races with 2 qualifying sessions and reversing the top 10 from qualifying in the other. Just have 3 races where you qualify for race 1, reverse the top 10 for race 2 and the same again for race 3. In fairness, I did have the criticism of TCR as well regarding the grid reversal process.

https://www.touringcars.net/2017/12/wtcr-feature-two-qualifying-sessions-three-races-2018

Apparently, the cost of TCR (for 2 cars) was 80,000EUR and WTCC was 78,000EUR. DOUBLE THE COST!
Erm. Miss it @flip55?

The picture doesn't make sense on it's own.
Neither does the reason for said picture.

Oh, was that not a correct use of that meme? I meant it to be a self - facepalming for not paying close enough attention to the thread. Or failing to noticing that article was dated December 7th. I'm clearly hip with what the kids do these days...

Last edited:
Oh, was that not a correct use of that meme? I meant it to be a self - facepalming for not paying close enough attention to the thread. Or failing to noticing that article was dated December 7th. I'm clearly hip with what the kids do these days...
It could have just been aimed at me for some reason. That's why I was confused.

April 8 – Marrakech, Morocco
April 29 – Hungaroring, Hungary
May 13 – Nürburgring, Germany
May 21 – Zandvoort, The Netherlands
June 24 – Vila Real, Portugal
July 22 – TBC (Option 1)
August 5 – Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina
September 30 – Ningbo, China
October 7 – TBC (Option 2)
October 21 – Suzuka, Japan
November 18 – Macau, China

(Zandvoort is on a Monday)

Don't know what Option 1 is, looking at that weekend's events maybe Silverstone?

Hoping Option 2 is Bathurst.

The Silverstone Classic is on the 20-22nd July, so it won't be there.

Have they already announced their schedule? Might include the WTCR alongside the classic events.

Maybe Spa since that's the weekend before the 24 hours and there's GT4 Euro Cup races there.

Hockenheim seems unlikely to me.

Or a standalone event somewhere else, god knows where.

The amount of bodywork at the rear gives the illusion of the rear wheel being tiny.

Like the car's running 12" alloys on the rear and 20" on the front.

I'm watching a replay of the BTCC Rockingham race. What is the major difference between the Opel Robb Huff was racing, vs a TCR Opel?

I'm watching a replay of the BTCC Rockingham race. What is the major difference between the Opel Robb Huff was racing, vs a TCR Opel?

Almost every part of the car really. they pretty much only use 75% of the bodyshell of the original car and the dashboard.

The engine and front suspension are fitted into a front subframe which is mounted directly to the rollcage of the car, as is (I believe) the rear suspension.
The suspension and many other parts are standardised to all cars in the BTCC.
The engine used is a BTCC / TOCA unit which many of the teams use.

The amount of bodywork at the rear gives the illusion of the rear wheel being tiny.

Like the car's running 12" alloys on the rear and 20" on the front.

Back in the old Super Touring Car days, teams would run the rear tires so low that the would sometimes hide in the wheel wells. Especially if they were Front-Wheel Drive.

http://www.gtcafrica.co.za/2018/01/...s-2018-calendar-with-new-championship-finale/
2018-CALENDAR-Dates-768x768.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back