Toyota Championship Finished - All Stats -----> #733Finished 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 765 comments

Race #7 Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I knew Mathie's car wasn't going to move since that's how that glitch always works so I turned right immediately at the start so everyone went by me but at least I avoided damage. In this one my strategy was avoiding damage at all costs so I drove around at 65% effort for the first run and was amazed that everyone else managed to do a one pit stop race, I thought everyone would have to do two for sure?

How did people run sub 1:50 laps for 20 minutes and not burn the tires off instantly? Even driving super conservatively (no laps faster than 1:52) I pitted with 6 tire wear all around.

And then after pitting I was racing with Gavin and jocke for 4th so I started pushing and messed up the chicane and got left rear damage and then the next corner I braked early since I didn't know how the car would react and jocke crashed into me and we both went off. I didn't know he was that close behind me. Just like earlier I turned into a corner and dusty was all of a sudden right there lapping me and I almost hit him, these cars can really sneak up on you. Usually I judge how close people are behind me by sound (if I can hear you, I'll give you room, if I can't, I don't is my policy) and these cars don't work for that apparently.

jack1_zps1tfmypzk.jpg~original

jack2_zpsytiavqcn.jpg~original

buybon is classified as tenth in the race.

Just one more race to go before this championship is finished.
Here's @MannYhAvitZ Toyota Vision video;

qken and I tested the Vision car at Fuji a few days ago. Very nice to drive.
It will be a fitting end to this championship to race the VGT at Fuji.

It's a vision towards the future. Who knows what it will bring?
And Fuji is where I got the idea for this championship in the first place,
the poster in the OP was taken in front of the Toyota billboard on the
left hand side between corners 4-5. So we have come full circle.

Info for the race is in the OP and in the GT6 community.

http://www.toyota-global.com/events/motor_sports/gran-turismo/
Following the excitement of the FT-1 release in the Gran Turismo 6 game, the CALTY design team from Toyota’s North American Design branch has
taken their dream one step further in creating the ultimate racecar, the FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo.
The designers’ original intention in designing the FT-1 was to unabashedly appeal to the die-hard car guys. In the same way, the FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo is
designed for the die-hard Gran Turismo fans. The designers focused on keeping the FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo authentic for the racetracks of
the game to increase their drive enjoyment.
ft1_slide2_img10.jpg

ft1_slide_img4.jpg

Features
  • ・Toyota FT-1 concept enhanced as a pure racing car
  • ・Unsurpassed styling based on research of racetracks and racecars
  • ・Purely function-driven design aesthetics through “function-sculpting”
  • ・Wider fenders are for wider tires to achieve an extreme grip on the track
  • ・Enlarged air intakes for increased cooling and larger rear wing for more down force
  • ・Canards added to the front for more down force
  • ・Bigger rear diffuser holding multiple vertical fins and being pushed back for cleaner airflow

• ft1_pebble_img2.jpg
  • ft1_pebble_img3.jpg

Thanks Gavin. You're right, it has been a great core group of drivers.
Still it feels good to wrap things up today, final race and all.

I'm on the track already, will try to find some speed.
Results from today as well as final championship standings will be up by tomorrow.

Thanks drivers..

This was different championship than usually. Normally you pick the car and drive all the races with it. Here we had different car every round and it was interesting. First time this kind of championship races for me. I like it.
It's help a lot that no need to setup tuning. As Dusty said (in lounge) tire choice could have been different - may be some race (-s) could have been with sport tires - may be in future(?).
Thank you all who came to the races.

Thank you again Jocke :cheers:

Edit: There was two races with sport tires :)

Last edited:
Thanks to Jocke for running the Toyota Championship with his usual presentational flair. :bowdown:

The 8 weeks seem to have flown by. :boggled:

I managed to make it for most of the rounds. Which surprised me.
It also surprised me that my favourite event was probably the NASCAR!

It's been good to race with all you regular drivers, even though you were in front of me for most of the time. :D

Hope to catch you all again sometime. 👍

Edit: There was two races with sport tires :)
When creating this championship I used the tyre suggestions from SNAIL;
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ition-for-all-skill-levels-spots-open.235094/
tyres.jpg

The 8 weeks seem to have flown by.
Indeed.

Thank you jammy and Paul for the compliments.

Here are the qualifying and race results from all eight Tuesdays;

manny%20results_zpsivazwwx1.jpg~original

manny%20results%202_zpstavvluta.jpg~original

gt500%20results%201_zpskux9tem2.jpg~original

gt500%20results%202_zpshdbn8eak.jpg~original

fanfan1_zpssg7ahurb.jpg~original

fanfan2_zpssd5pzoln.jpg~original

sad-jpg.351939

bajs-race-jpg.356064

suzuka-varv-kval1-jpg.361158
suzuka-varv-kval2-jpg.361159

suzuka-varv-race1-jpg.361160
suzuka-varv-race2-jpg.361161

jack1_zps1tfmypzk.jpg~original

jack2_zpsytiavqcn.jpg~original

sandra.jpg

sandra2.jpg

last%20in%20line_zpsl3zzpi5l.jpg~original

FINAL TOYOTA CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

1. jammy 175p
2. Dusty 105p
3. qken 89p
4. Jocke 81p
5. blue 77p
6. buybon 68p
7. Gavin 66p
8. gk 56p
If 56p

9. Wheeler 42p
10. rally 39p
PTK 39p

11. Michael 37p
12. Manny 29p
13. Smiley 20p
14. Dimse 17p
15. Mikey 13p
16. David 12p
johndoe 12p

17. bcd 11p
18. Aaroh 8p
19. kingdom 3p

*There were complaints over rallymathie's behaviour on the track during race #8.
I will need more time to watch over the replay and see if actions need to be taken.

*I may start a new Club tomorrow or Friday. It will continue on with the Tuesday slot.
My interest for GT6 has not waned just yet, but I think I prefer clubs over
championship series.
At least until PD fixes the DC and invisibility problems.

I think I will experiment with this new Club for a while. It's quite different from all the others
and you are all invited to join of course. I can post here again when it's finished.

8th is the new 1st.
From what angle is that? I don't see it. :dopey:
karting on the moon?
How did you know, Paul.

@JockE, considering Toyota was a popular brand and had so many cars on the GT6 market. I thought it would be an idea to do the same kind of series (like, a second season) but with Nissan's! :mischievous:
That kind of already exists.
@gkgamer tried experimenting with that before;
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-silvia-tribute-mini-series.323862/
Might be worth starting that up again. 👍

8th is the new 1st.
From what angle is that? I don't see it
It turns out it's a snowclone!
An example of a snowclone is the phrase "grey is the new black," which gave rise to the template "X is the new Y." X and Y may be replaced with different words or phrases—for example, "comedy is the new rock 'n' roll". The term "snowclone" can be applied to both the original phrase and to any new phrase that uses its formula.

How did you know, Paul.
Check out my occupation. ;)

It turns out it's a snowclone!
An example of a snowclone is the phrase "grey is the new black," which gave rise to the template "X is the new Y." X and Y may be replaced with different words or phrases—for example, "comedy is the new rock 'n' roll". The term "snowclone" can be applied to both the original phrase and to any new phrase that uses its formula.
I'm guessing this is why the TV show is called Orange is the New Black... :rolleyes:

Yes great Championship you did @JockeP22 I had fun with the few races I manage to be part of.
I still remember that it had a Rough start on race one, but I am glad our friend Jocke didn't loose hope and saw that he had gather the best group of racers that didn't give up on him and WE made it work as a group!
Hats of to all of you and I am glad I manage to race with all of you! Also I think I'm lucky to be one of the few Mexicans that get to race with players on the other side of the world.

I will be racing at Project CARS now, BUT!! If Jocke or any of you put something together and I get invited I will be happy to be part of it :cheers:

This is not a goodbye since I know we will cross paths again (and cause we are always on GTP :lol:)

Once again
Thanks Jocke for this awesome
Championship

Last edited:
It's Janeway - Kate Mulgrew.
But where's her com badge. How will she be able to beam without it?

I wish I'd been involved in this but I was away too much.
Remember this moment, Mallet? I do. :)
Funny looking Toyota's aren't they.

BrandsHatchIndyCircuit80s_zpsd5df3967.jpg~original

Thanks for showing me about PC, Manny.
I am tempted.

The most appealing thing to me is
the 35 cars on track during offline play. :)

I'll get you back for this someday.
v You stole my podium on the final lap. v
:D

so sad.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg

Hey guys, I couldn't participate in the last 2 races because temporarily I have lost access to my PS3. I took part only in 3 races but had lots of fun, drivers were great, nice variety of skill so it was competitive and most importantly, kind and helpful people. Whatever you come up with next Jocke, I'll be happy to participate whenever I can.

Thank you Jocke and the drivers for this awesome opportunity! :cheers: :gtpflag:

(I hope nobody will mind if I parachute for a bit just to congratulate and say I'm sorry for missing out on this...)

Unfortunately I was not part of this obviously great series because only last week I saw this thread - and now I feel like banging my head against the wall... No, no, let me do it :banghead: at least just a little bit :banghead: ...

That's because I raced a lot on another forum until January but company there "died out" a bit, so I started occasionally hitting :gtplanet: for some action (I specifically look for some TUNING PROHIBITED racing) - BUT I managed to miss THIS! :dunce:
Because there's 90% of tuning allowed and it was always hard work, confusing, pain in the ... going through many threads just to check their tuning setting...

(slightly related)
And, now, if anything good might come out of this :banghead: then it's the idea that maybe there could be some sort of data pool with tags to all gtplanet members that prefer Tuning Prohibited and that would rather like to be simply tagged whenever anyone sets such series?
Maybe one thread named like "Alliance - data pool of drivers with preference for tuning prohibited racing" or something ... ?

Importantly, KUDOS to this series and it's drivers :bowdown: and I really hope not to miss whatever you cook up next!

I will be racing at Project CARS now, BUT!! If Jocke or any of you put something together and I get invited I will be happy to be part of it :cheers:

This is not a goodbye since I know we will cross paths again (and cause we are always on GTP :lol:)

Once again
Thanks Jocke for this awesome
Championship​

It feels like the end of an era, I cannot help but be sad somehow. :(
You guys were the first I raced with on GTP back in the Z8 club. Even if I committed to other series and thus wasn't often on the grid here, the Toyota Championship was an epic milestone. 👍

@JockeP22 Don't rush if you plan on getting pCARS. In case you somehow managed not to hear about it, it's really buggy right now and I wish it wasn't the case but it does take part of the fun from it...
I'm currently stuck in career mode, waiting for a serious patch before attempting Le Mans 24h in real time :D I always have inexplicable tyre overheat after 2 or 3h of racing.

BTW offline the grid is up to 45 (FORTY-FIVE) !

Last edited:
Back