Toyota TS030 now in GT6

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 343 comments
For those who are wondering about the hybrid system:

image-jpg.172424
image-jpg.172425

Under acceleration this number goes down. (Look in bottom right hand corner of cockpit view)

And under braking the number goes up
image-jpg.172426

And a fuel meter per lap?

Once you get midway though first gear while accelerating, the number will go down and you will feel a boost of power.

hsv
With a decent setup, it's quite easy.

The R18 has gradually got better with each patch. It's actually more stable than the TS030 in this current state. In terms of raw pace though, the TS030 can even keep up with some Group C's.

Really? I've always found the R18 to be less stable and slower than pretty much anything, the TS030 is quicker and easier to drive for me.

Some more observations on the Toyota:

Couple of things to note first

- Done in a single 30 min session at Spa with the ingame time at 19:30.
- I use a DS3 with the sticks, not the triggers so I cannot brake and accelerate at the same time.
- I use TC 0 and ABS 0
- This is with my setup, on racing soft tyres.

Because of the way PD have done the hybrid system, where it charges on time, not the amount you slow down you can feasibly run the brakes on 2/0 and run very fast laps. I'd say either go 8/5 and brake late, then trail brake into the corner, or run 2/0 and just brake as late as you can without compromising your corner speed. 2/0 will always charge the hybrid system more than 8/5 because you end up braking for longer. It makes up the time lost under braking on corner exit while being easier to drive. Also due to the fact that the hybrid power doesn't come in until over 100KMH you can use TC1 if you want and it doesn't affect the acceleration.

The car is very stable and very fast on racing soft tyres, I was running laps under 1:59 without much trouble which means it's quicker than the real cars were at the time. Obviously Toyota didn't run at Spa in 2012 and they started running this spec of car at Silverstone. I haven't gone for laptimes on racing medium or hard, but it seems those will give realistic laptimes on certain tracks which is the first time I've seen it with one of the modern LMP 1 cars in GT6 that don't have any extra power.

I suspect with a wheel and pedals and once people figure out how to get the best from the hybrid system it'll be quite a bit faster. I would like them to patch the hybrid system, but the way it works at the moment is quite good fun.

A great car to drive, consistent, stable and a hell of a lot of fun. Good job PD.

Last edited:
All we need now is the TS040 Flat Face Hybrid thingy.
The upright fenders were on the high downforce 2013 TS030 as well. They provide aero gains. As for Spa, Toyota ran the 2012 car there in 2013 with the #8 crew. They were doing 2:02's. The 2013 TS030 was able to get to 2:00's in qualifying in LM trim.

The upright fenders were on the high downforce 2013 TS030 as well. They provide aero gains. As for Spa, Toyota ran the 2012 car there in 2013 with the #8 crew. They were doing 2:02's. The 2013 TS030 was able to get to 2:00's in qualifying in LM trim.
He's not saying anything about them.

One thing I've noticed @ukfan758 is the hybrid power doesn't kick in until around 65 to 70mph so it waits until you're moving briskly then dumps the extra power on to get you going. :)

For those who are wondering about the hybrid system:

image-jpg.172424
image-jpg.172425

Under acceleration this number goes down. (Look in bottom right hand corner of cockpit view)

And under braking the number goes up
image-jpg.172426

And a fuel meter per lap?
Once you get midway though first gear while accelerating, the number will go down and you will feel a boost of power.
That's actually part of the dashboard and not the UI. If you turn your head to the right you'll see the whole screen. I'll post pictures later.

IT'S ACTUALLY IN THE GAME??????????? YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! I've been wanting to drive this car for MONTHS!!! rFactor had models but no working links, but it's actually in GT6 which is even better!!!!!

You probably can't tell ;) but I am EXTREMELY excited and happy!!!!!!!

Now to find a location with internet to update ... *sigh*

Just done some more laps at Spa, same conditions etc as my original post.

To get realistic lap times, you're going to want racing soft or racing medium. Soft tyres will do qualifying times, medium will do normal race laps. Racing hard tyres are just too much, ended up running quite slow laps and the car is a lot more difficult to drive. TC helps with stability with medium or hard tyres, doesn't make a difference for soft really.

RH 55/60
SR 16.85/17.85
COMP 5/5
EXT 5/5
ARB 4/4
CAMBER 1.8/1.4 (can go a bit lower, no real laptime difference though)
TOE -0.05/0.05
LSD 15/10/15
BB 8/5 (6/4 for racing hard) (2/0 if you want to always fully charge the hybrid system)
GEAR 193MPH
DF 600/700

523 HP and 900 KG I believe. May not be correct.

Although, that 523 HP most likely does NOT include the extra power you get from the fully functioning hybrid system. So the car actually punches above it's 615 PP
Yeah you can get it to 567 hp w/ oil change. It is very nice to drive, perfect handling really. The low drag configurations of the R18TDI and TSO30 would be nice though, I could only do 3:28 on Sarthe. On slow tracks grip is very nice. :)

I am having a great time blasting around with the Toyota TS030-HYBRID as it was my most wanted car for GT6.

A minor issue with it though is that the livery is surprisingly lo-res and the wheels stick through the bodywork when at full lock. I will post pics tomorrow.
Hardly a problem I admit but seems at odds with the rest of the cracking detail and does not detract from my enjoying the car.

When I fired up v1.09 I instantly went to 24m of Le Mans with the Toyota to rectify Le Mans from last weekend. Seeing as though I usually pit after L3 and L6 in that race, but can stop just once with the TS030 after L4, I switched off and fuelled for one lap instead of 3. As I approached Arnage the fuel was depleted and I virtually ground to a halt.
I thought was it was a curse to stop there after Toyota having an electrical failure there with #7 last weekend. Then it clicked I had no fuel and I felt like an idiot. Still, any excuse to race this car again is fine by me.

👍

IT'S ACTUALLY IN THE GAME??????????? YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! I've been wanting to drive this car for MONTHS!!! rFactor had models but no working links, but it's actually in GT6 which is even better!!!!!

You probably can't tell ;) but I am EXTREMELY excited and happy!!!!!!!

Now to find a location with internet to update ... *sigh*

http://sandrox.net/ there you go your cars for rfactor

Back