TPC Racing Presents - Time Attack.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 292 comments
Shout out to @El_Beardo for helping to frustrate me in this torture chamber, err time trial event...Missed my goal by .009.
I’m not frustrated at all.
LETS DO THIS MORE LMAO
B8295D3E-59C1-40ED-9273-FCF2ADA83E8A.jpeg

Actually it’s been fun trying to find that sub 1 time...:)
Replay/setup are shared, very clean nowhere near a track limit...

Cheers

Shout out to @El_Beardo for helping to frustrate me in this torture chamber, err time trial event...Missed my goal by .009.
I’m not frustrated at all.
LETS DO THIS MORE LMAO
View attachment 926946
Actually it’s been fun trying to find that sub 1 time...:)
Replay/setup are shared, very clean nowhere near a track limit...

Cheers
Oh MAN!!!!
giphy.gif

Awesome run though! Challenge is on!

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-3_17-8-25.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-3_17-8-25.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 11
Spent a bit of time circulating Tsukuba. Best of 1:00.179

Edit: I might need to try again. I see the rules say 2 wheels on/inside the white line. Watching the replay I had 3 wheels inside the line for an instant, 4th wheel still touching the line.

I did that last night, at the right after the second hairpin.

Just set a new best for me. But, I'm still struggling. Best of 1:01.484

Got a video of the lap? More than happy to give pointers.

@El_Beardo & everybody else, here is that "hot" lap from last night. I feel like I can't get the car to rotate under acceleration. I have massive understeer that the bearded one alluded to.

I am not exactly lightning fast here, but I watched your lap and the only pointers I can give start with not dropping to 2nd gear. I think I picked that up from @Pigems as the scooby has tons of grunt as long as the turbo is on. Try to just feather things a touch more on that evil right handed after the left turn hairpin. Sliding anything there costs 3 or 4 tenths for the lap. I felt like something elseypu could try is more of a straight entry to the first turn. Like not straight down the straightaway but aiming more straight to the apex so you are almost cheating turn in and the car is halfway through the turn before you actually need to turn, you end up pretty much on the gas the second it starts to rotate.

Good luck, took me quite a few laps to figure some if those things out, and that last turn is continuing to drive me bonkers. Keep at it, safer than the dailies. :cheers:

Yeah, and don't use @GOTMAXPOWER lap as a guide:D

Yeah, and don't use @GOTMAXPOWER lap as a guide:D
Hey! I know I cut turn 7 but the rest of the lap is fine :lol:

If I find time I'll try another serious lap before the weekend. If I can get down to a 1:00.5 I'll be happy. I think being gentler with the steering will help with this car, because it's 4wd scrubbing the fronts is probably costing exit speed.

So, this was the setup I was using to miss sub 1 by .009...Might be worth a try if you’ve hit a wall being that it’s a bit diff from @Pigems
CC794A7F-E74D-4C37-AF2E-A51DD728FCBD.jpeg

More than one way to skin a cat
With this car, my way idea is cover minimum distance rotate mostly under braking try to get on the power very early, as early as possible on exit.

Back