Tracks you miss from GT1-3 that you hope will be in Gt5

Wierd as it may sound I miss the Complex Circuit. The last time trial in GT3 was one of the most interesting and challenging races I've done in any of the GTs. I guess the Ring takes its place, though.

There's a whole GT5 forum. Please take a few minutes and look around the index to see where your posts belong. While you're at it, check to see if your topic has already been posted before. Chances are good that it has.

Welcome to GTPlanet.

dont make threads like this u already read that games are now gonna be on blue ray discs (25 and 50gb) think of that no more space for hard drives 50gb! or 25gbs! think of how much can fit on a cd like that i mean right now gt4 looks amazing and dont thik they wouldnt add more tracks because they will same thing goes along with cars and the detail (polys etc) cmon ppl common sense and if u didnt know about the 25 and 50gb discs THEN GO WATCH THE PS3 conference video etc or google it SEARCH LIKE THEY SAID

kon2oo5
dont make threads like this u already read that games are now gonna be on blue ray discs (25 and 50gb) think of that no more space for hard drives 50gb! or 25gbs! think of how much can fit on a cd like that i mean right now gt4 looks amazing and dont thik they wouldnt add more tracks because they will same thing goes along with cars and the detail (polys etc) cmon ppl common sense and if u didnt know about the 25 and 50gb discs THEN GO WATCH THE PS3 conference video etc or google it SEARCH LIKE THEY SAID

An ocean of word in a desert of idears, that resumes your post.

Red Rock Valley, Grinderwald (or however its spelt) and the original High Speed Ring. Not the new one with its mind numbingly boring scenery. Same goes for alot of the 'remakes' really, there fantasy tracks so stop trying to make them more like real racing circuits when theres already plenty of those to choose from!

Special Stage Route 11. It was my favorite course in GT3.

I've never sampled Grindelwald or Red Rock Valley so I don't know what those are like, but I wouldn't mind seeing the old courses done over because I find it fascinating to look at something like Deep Forest circa GT1 and Deep Forest circa GT4 and think of how the designers originally pictured the course, and how their dream likely couldn't be realized on PS1 hardware so they had to strip it down. That had to hurt a bit.

midfield raceway from gt3, I don't like the new first turns, they get all the speed out of the first section which made it so great to do some slipstream overtakes.

Uh, all of them. I think.
-Pike's Peak: Full size this time :D
-Red Rock valley: It's mostly just good for race cars, but it's really fun for those.
-Grindwald: To apease the touge fiends. And me.
-Motorsports land: Even cars with huge power differences can race evenly on this track.
-SSR11: I'm another one who went into GT3 hating it and came out liking it. Then it wasn't in GT4.
-Tahiti road: Simple, but fun!
-Tahiti circut: Not really anything special, but with 25 gigs, why not?
-Smokey Mountain: One of my favorate rally tracks. I used to be able to do the whole track at full throttle in most cars (not that that was faster or anything).

Ah yes, Smokey Mountain. That was my favorite track to just turn laps in. And I did the same thing as you, but it was awfully hard to get the left from the pavement to the dirt right without braking.

Red Rock Valley
Tahiti Road
Tahiti Circuit
Midfield a la GT2
SS Route 11 a la GT2 (the chicane under the tunnel was a blast)
Grindewald
Pikes Peak (full thing)
Smokey Mountain
Complex String (awesome track to test out a car)
Rome Night
Rome Circuit (a la GT2; I hate the new Rome track)

SSR11...thats the one that had a whole series of 90 degree chicanes isnt it? ya, i found that one hard as hell but fun as hell none the less :P

i unfortunatly dont have GT1 or 2 :(

SSR11. (Or for short, R11) I have loved R11 from the start on GT1. Yeah, the chicane in the tunnel was so cool. I was doing an endurance race on it in GT2, a Chaser slammed into it and that was it, he was there for like another 45 laps. I loved that course :sly: ...........

The PS3 blue ray DVDs have over 50gb of space. So I think we'll have all the tracks from the previous games, as well as all the cars. And all the options that existed in previuos games too.

Hey guys I agree with all of you- grindalwall, SSR11, Red Rock Valley, ROME- loved those tracks Complex string and the rest they took out for GT4 that SUCKED!!. Hope there in GT5 same with damage and online play!!!!!!!!

Rome was great... odd that it's gone.

Wouldn't mind seeing a modified version of it in GT5, longer.

Grindelwald. That's its exact name. I loved it. I hunted down a copy of GT2, stole a friend's PS1, and sat up for many nights last year... just to play it all over again... and over... and over.

Tahiti Road Course was "oceans of fun". It's that kind of mindless simplicity that's missing from current GTs.

Hmm..

Complex String
SSR11 - the REAL one, not that cheesy cop-out, no-chicane version they had in GT3. That chicane was do-able, you know... and there was no greater feeling than threading the needle at full throttle.

That's about it, really. Red Rock Valley and Grindelwald are the "meh" courses that I don't particularly miss. Although Grindelwald might be a different beast now I've got a DFP. Also, I think it might have been a "poor-man's" Nürburgring, since PS1 could never hope to push the full track. I never found Red Rock very challenging, though.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rome again, although I didn't like Rome Night.

Jedi2016
I think it might have been a "poor-man's" Nürburgring, since PS1 could never hope to push the full track.

That's why some of us like it... not for any inherent challenge, but it was a winding mountain road in a game full of racetracks.

Erm... I only played GT2 so here it goes:

Motorsportsland: one of the most interesting tracks
Seattle Short Circuit: Drifting there was faster than grip-racing in GT2! (at least... When I drove)
Grindlewald: You had to race on it a lot and the track never got boring!

Oh, I keep forgetting... bring back the OLD MIDFIELD! The new one is too easy!

But I've said that before.

Latest Posts

Back