Tt & dt #26

I have a question about the drift trial on Tokyo. How on earth do you get gold on that one?

I am from the school of thought that Tarmac driving is about keeping your car in a good line and being as quick as possible. Therefore the concept of a drift trial is completely alien to me (although I do love rallying - just not the handling model GT5 has).

However I've managed to gold the drift events to date - except this one. What is the secret?

I've tried using my Skyline drift car (premium 4-door R34 drifter) as well as my old favorite - a stock Corvette ZR1 - but I can't get close. Maximum I get is 2,000 points from the first corner but the right left high speed chicane is terrible for trying to generate drift points (when I manage not to wipe out in the wall or spin trying to put too much angle on the car).

I ask the drift masters: what car do you use? What set up do you use? What lines do you use? What tips do you have for a numpty like me? I only want Gold for the money and to complete that seasonal. I'm not in it for leaderboard scores. Thanks for any help you can give me!

ajrichar
I have a question about the drift trial on Tokyo.

I ask the drift masters: what car do you use? What set up do you use? What lines do you use? What tips do you have for a numpty like me? I only want Gold for the money and to complete that seasonal. I'm not in it for leaderboard scores. Thanks for any help you can give me!

I'm not exactly a master but...

I would say car and setup isn't critical. You do need a bit of power for this one though. Technique and lines are important - and make sure entry speed is right.

It took me many attempts for this: I got gold scores with both Jag XKR (high tune) and Shelby GT350 (slight power tune and stock suspension).

First corner is shallow - pretty much use the racing line, be drifting before the line and clip the apex for big points. I think entry speed was about 70mph. I drifted to about half way between the corners and then quickly setup for next drift. The key at turn 2 for me was keeping up forward speed to prevent the rears gaining traction. Again clip the apex.

Not aiming for big points overall, I sacrificed turn3 (score a few hundred) for big score on final left hander. Did this with a shallow entry into turn 3 with low drift angle, allowing me to get close to curb for turn 4.

Last edited:
bescarim
I don't even try it just because of the “chosen” car.

Does anybody know how do I get the Susuki one? I did not find any race that has it as a prize, neither on the dealers.

tks

You can do this with any 400pp car you like: I got gold with KPGC10 Skyline and beat that time with the VW Samba Bus.

You only need the 'chosen' car if you are aiming for the leader board.

I have a question about the drift trial on Tokyo. How on earth do you get gold on that one?

i golded in an rx7 but found team shmo's viper was pretty damn good :) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5732985#post5732985

I did it with a Fiat 500R (54xx points) and 500 F , and Mazda Carol (:nervous:) .. and other cars (Veyron, Various Ruf, Cien, DElta HF integrale etc etc )

I am from the school of thought that Tarmac driving is about keeping your car in a good line and being as quick as possible. Therefore the concept of a drift trial is completely alien to me (although I do love rallying - just not the handling model GT5 has).

However I've managed to gold the drift events to date - except this one. What is the secret?

You have to set a good gear ratio .. and the right type of tyres (CH)..

At the beginning is hard , if you aren't enough skilled .. but trial by trial you'll do it ! 👍

IR

That is bad....i'm justing avoiding b-spec :ill:. tks anyway buddy

You can use a FULL tuned shared one !

IR

EDIT .. i did only one lap with a random car from my garage ... time 49.4xx .. ^_^

Last edited:
You can do this with any 400pp car you like: I got gold with KPGC10 Skyline and beat that time with the VW Samba Bus.

You only need the 'chosen' car if you are aiming for the leader board.

The gold is good, but trying to be the best on that worldwide board is what this competition is all about! Don’t you think?

I don’t know what is the last position there, but been there must be already nice. The only way I have to measure my skills.

I think this is the real meaning of this kind of competition.

Anyway, I’m just a very insignificant virtual driver so far, trying to understand this new world.

bescarim
The gold is good, but trying to be the best on that worldwide board is what this competition is all about! Don’t you think?

I don’t know what is the last position there, but been there must be already nice. The only way I have to measure my skills.

I think this is the real meaning of this kind of competition.

Anyway, I’m just a very insignificant virtual driver so far, trying to understand this new world.

Maybe, not for me though. I'm not good enough and don't have the time to spend aiming for the leader board.

I like to try unusual or unlikely cars to get gold and the money! That's what I was getting at, so if you don't have the top choice car you might as well grab some easy money and have a bit of fun.👍

By the way the GSX/R does come up in the UCD.

Guys i just used the cheapest lotus elise and limited the power until it was 400pp went round a few times and then won gold!

For the TT's, you can gold Autumn Ring with a stock Toyota 86 detuned to the pp level and tires. You can gold Chamonix with a modded Toyota 86 on snow tires, LOL. Sad but true ... this car has all sorts of magic traction control going on even with all aids turned off.

@ chamonix .. Try the LAND ROVER STORMER :dopey::sly:
The same car @ autumn ring mini :crazy:

IR

I was so bumming I didn't get a good picture for these boards. I was online when this event was put in so I got on the top board with these junkers for laughs before many people posted good times.

For Autumn Ring I used a

1970 Mini Marcos

and for Chamonix:

Mitsubishi 3000gt twin turbo. (yeah, not a rally car)

Truly funny to see on the boards for a minute or so.

Ended up 114th on the Chamonix TT with a 3.12.0XX. :cheers: Not bad as it's the third TT I participated in. Would love to see what setups the top guys used, I just basically ran it stock and dropped the ride height to -50. For some reason PR1VATEJOKER's setup just didn't work for me at all. :odd:

^Good job. 👍 My Final rank is 234th, about 2 seconds behind you. I couldn't get good times with PR1VATEJOKER's setup either but credits to him for sharing it. I wonder how many people in the 'boards cut the corner :odd:

Uhmmm, two corners? Where exactly? I know of one, which I tried but everytime I smashed the banking it instantly redlined - probably because of the low ride-height... Yes, I failed at cheating. :lol:

Uhmmm, two corners? Where exactly? I know of one, which I tried but everytime I smashed the banking it instantly redlined - probably because of the low ride-height... Yes, I failed at cheating. :lol:

he cut the last right hand bend before the finish. its right at the last spit time and has a bank on the inside. i tried doing the same but kept rolling the car so it takes some time and efoort to get the approach right.

it has to be worth 0.5 at least because he carried way more speed through the bend and onto the next straight.

Back