Tt & dt 29

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 354 comments
Having a hard time with the Cape Ring trial. Tried lots of cars, but the best I've been able to manage is a 3:03.103 with the Camaro SS '10. So close, but can't find that last second.

Anyone got a decent tune for this car? HP/Weight/Suspension/Mods/Etc. would be helpful.

I tried out this course with a fairly downtuned Corvette C5 (Premium). Most of the 500PP cars in the Top 10 were 2012 Camaro SS models. At one point, I even considered using a 2010 Camaro SS gifted to me from a friend. Most games I've played that have Corvettes have been fairly simple to drive. I figured using a Corvette over a Camaro would probably be better in the Cape Ring Time Trial. I think my best time is somewhere in the 3:06 range. Gold is the 3:04 range. I'm either struggling to keep the Corvette planted to the road or not having enough power. Cape Ring is a handling track that also favors power.

I have not yet attempted the Suzuka time trial. But considering the Top 10 (from my run) are the Chap. 2J models, I obviously know that while I enjoy racing Suzuka, I know I won't be racing this course with any intense anger to crack anything better than 100th place in the ranks. Something tells me a fairly good Super GT car will easily go for Gold in the Suzuka time trial rather than tuning down a high-powered GT car or a downtuned prototype.

Having a hard time with the Cape Ring trial. Tried lots of cars, but the best I've been able to manage is a 3:03.103 with the Camaro SS '10. So close, but can't find that last second.

Anyone got a decent tune for this car? HP/Weight/Suspension/Mods/Etc. would be helpful.

I don't claim to be a tuner but here's what I used to run a 2:55.5

I have at least another half second judging by my best sector times but I'm tired and my times are getting worse not better.

Color: Yellow (very important!)
Weight: Stage 2 reduction, window, hood
Chassis reinforcement (don't know if this helps or not)
Engine: 91.6% 379hp - mine is brand new so these numbers will change slightly as the engine breaks in.
No power upgrades

Trans: 6-speed close ratio

Drivetrain: All upgrades

Suspension: FA

RH 0 0
SR 8.9 8.9
DE 5 5
DC 5 5
AR 3 3

Camb 1.2 0.8
Toe 0.10 0.20

Feels very balanced to me. Runs quick.

Last edited:
doodlemonoply
Nice! Gonna try this now. 👍

Edit: I can't now, I don't have a 2J and none of my 90+ friends have it up for download :(

You can add me as a friend if you like to use my 2J.:)

On the nurb drift trial I got 6997 points, which is 170th. I haven't done the Sarthe one yet though, because I don't know what I'll use for it. Someone from Japan is in the top 50 using a Mitsubishi Miniga Dangan ZZ... Which is an FF with around 60 Horsepower stock. I really wish I could see that replay!

~Turtle
turtle.gif

I don't claim to be a tuner but here's what I used to run a 2:55.5

I have at least another half second judging by my best sector times but I'm tired and my times are getting worse not better.

Color: Yellow (very important!)
Weight: Stage 2 reduction, window, hood
Chassis reinforcement (don't know if this helps or not)
Engine: 91.6% 379hp - mine is brand new so these numbers will change slightly as the engine breaks in.
No power upgrades

Trans: 6-speed close ratio

Drivetrain: All upgrades

Suspension: FA

RH 0 0
SR 8.9 8.9
DE 5 5
DC 5 5
AR 3 3

Camb 1.2 0.8
Toe 0.10 0.20

Feels very balanced to me. Runs quick.

There´s no really a need for a tune on the Camaro.A stock one will do the Gold time.

For the easy way use a detuned Viper ACR for Cape Ring and a R35 TC or N24 for Suzuka.

raVer

You are incorrect.

Since exactly one person will have the best time, and way less than 1% will ever compete for the best time, many thousands of us don't get to play that game.

So that can't be the only point of the TT.

Having a reasonably challenging gold time would make it much more interesting for the thousands of us who paid the same good money for the game as the top 0.1% that have the skill to compete for #1.

The way it is I do 1 lap, get gold time, win the million, and then what? I will never get close to #1. I can't win any more money or get any higher trophy. So I'm done.

PD is pandering to the lowest skill players by making gold too easy, and ignoring the 90% in the middle who would love a decent challenge.

I am not incorrect... The fact that the challenge for the number one time is too hard for you (and me and the majority of players) doesn't make my point invalid.
But let me rephrase: The challenge is to end as high on the leaderboard as you possibly can. That is exactly what the TTs are for, hence the leaderboard. As PD was nice enough to include the option to filter the results to show only your friends, you can even compete in a smaller circle.

It is clear however that different people want different things from the TTs and I think Timppaq has a good point. Just give the normal rewards for getting gold and a bit for every .5 (or .1, or even .001) better than gold.

edit: I used a detuned Ford GT no stripe (with new transmission to facilitate the lower power) for Cape Ring and the R33 TC for Suzuka.

Last edited:
Found the Suzuka one mega easy beating Gold on my first full lap with the Mobil 1 NSX I had from the Spa B-Spec challenge.

Can't get anywhere near the Cape Ring one though, Camaro SS10 could only get bronze and with the RS200 I am just scraping silver.

Maybe try something else ? I used the Ford GT no stripe and golded quite easily on the first lap. It had all the usual upgrades but I changed no suspension or tranny settings. Sorry but I cannot remember the PP.

Yep that tranny is so hard to get used to that I just put it in auto.

The real one is auto anyway isn't it? I don't find it too bad manual - just takes a lap or so to get used to the long gears.

Another thread of alternating "too easy" / "too hard" comments". PD can never win.:lol:

Or it means they're pitching about right for general population.

There´s no really a need for a tune on the Camaro.A stock one will do the Gold time.

For the easy way use a detuned Viper ACR for Cape Ring and a R35 TC or N24 for Suzuka.

raVer

I was responding to a request for a tune.

I know the car is capable of gold stock. I took it a couple of laps before I tuned it.

But since nobody else responded to his request I tuned it up. Maybe it will help him get the gold.

Just had a quick go at the Cape Ring tt. Ended up placing 700 something after about 15 min. so pretty sure I can break into my usual top 50 spot with more time and a bit more tuning. I have always liked this track and love driving the Camaro so I feel pretty good about this one. I'll post my setup when I get it all ironed out. I'm currently trying both, full areo package and no aero.

I think I should try a different car other than the Camaro at Cape Ring. It looks like the Ford GT's are taking over the top 10 slowly. And there's a Shelby Series One Supercharged in the lead.

Updated the Camber portion of my 2J setup. I had the rear set way too high. After adjusting I gained 0.4 seconds. (You may set rear Camber to 1.2, I'm about to test it..I currently have it at 1.4)

Note: If you find the setup too loose, adjust ride height to -10/-10

To Kilmore: Sup man, I tied ya just now! Would have done a flat 2:00.000 but I messed up the last two corners so lost any advantage I had going in, but I tied you! How often does that happen, eh?

Link to 2J setup
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6650591#post6650591

I think I should try a different car other than the Camaro at Cape Ring. It looks like the Ford GT's are taking over the top 10 slowly. And there's a Shelby Series One Supercharged in the lead.

Drive what you feel comfortable with. Just because a certain type of car jumps in the lead doesn't mean you have to run out and drive that one. I only chose the Camaro because I'm always driving it anyway. Stick to whatever is working for you and just keep tring to improve. And don't be affraid to think outside the box as far as the setup goes, bend the laws of logic a little, lol. I had dropped from in the 700's to over 1000 over night and after another 30 min. session just now, got back up to placing in the 600's now. By the end of the weekend, I should me in the top 50. I'll post my setup later tonight.

Talking about thinking outside the box...
I'm at 3:03.033 at Cape Ring using a 2420kg Chevy SSR truck.:crazy::D
Haven't got the gold yet because of my generally mediocre driving skills and not because of the choice in cars.
Once I'm satisfied with the tune and get Gold I'll post the tune in my garage for anyone else to try that enjoys being different instead of just looking to try and set the fastest possible lap.:cheers::gtpflag:

Haven't got the gold yet because of my generally mediocre driving skills and not because of the choice in cars.
Once I'm satisfied with the tune and get Gold I'll post the tune in my garage for anyone else to try that enjoys being different instead of just looking to try and set the fastest possible lap.:cheers::gtpflag:

I thought of using a truck, good for you that you are sticking with it. I used the Tesla for a few tries but could barely get the bronze. You are a better man than I because I "gave up" and used the Edge Camaro.

I thought of using a truck, good for you that you are sticking with it. I used the Tesla for a few tries but could barely get the bronze. You are a better man than I because I "gave up" and used the Edge Camaro.
At this point I've just about got the tune nailed down, now I just need to quit making stupid mistakes. I've been as much as a full second ahead of my ghost halfway through the lap only to mess up.:dunce::banghead::lol:

I've been thinking about trying it with the Lightning. I think the Ram would probably be easier.

nice to see a tt with a choice of cars that are competitive.
no credit to pd,it must be co-incidental, lol.

I ran 20 or so laps On Cape Ring and it is a nice challange at all, First had a go in the Mustang Cobra R barely made silver, then Took the ZR-1 Vette out for a Spin and did a 2:57.5xx not bad I thaugt Now using the Camaro SS and after 5 Laps i managed to doo a 2:54.800 wich is 505th (at this time) maybe i can doo a lil better with some more fidling on the tune.

I was responding to a request for a tune.

I know the car is capable of gold stock. I took it a couple of laps before I tuned it.

But since nobody else responded to his request I tuned it up. Maybe it will help him get the gold.

Thanks - I did manage to gold it, finally. Appreciate the help. Tried to get help on the Tuning Forum, but found no help at all there, just attitude.

Thanks - I did manage to gold it, finally. Appreciate the help. Tried to get help on the Tuning Forum, but found no help at all there, just attitude.

Come on now, we helped you and a link was even given to you. And you wern't exactly a saint with your attitude. You and Adrenaline just had a misunderstanding, thats all. No need to pass it off on everyone else.

I've been thinking about trying it with the Lightning. I think the Ram would probably be easier.
The Ram has issues with understeer and the SSR is probably the best handling of the trucks. I used it in a 450PP convertible shootout in the tuning forum on autumn ring and it was funny seeing this huge truck laying lap times that were competitive with the S2000s and Miatas.:D
It's not the fastest truck in a straight line but up to about 550PP its the best at cornering in my experience.

Come on now, we helped you and a link was even given to you. And you wern't exactly a saint with your attitude. You and Adrenaline just had a misunderstanding, thats all. No need to pass it off on everyone else.

As I pointed out, a link was given to a thread in which no tune was posted until well AFTER the link was given. Neither you nor Adrenaline offered any help at all, though, unless you consider a link to a thread which is specifically devoid of that which I sought being "helpful"...

Back