Tt & dt 29

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 354 comments
As I pointed out, a link was given to a thread in which no tune was posted until well AFTER the link was given. Neither you nor Adrenaline offered any help at all, though, unless you consider a link to a thread which is specifically devoid of that which I sought being "helpful"...

Alright, if thats the way you feel, use the search button next time.

The Ram has issues with understeer and the SSR is probably the best handling of the trucks. I used it in a 450PP convertible shootout in the tuning forum on autumn ring and it was funny seeing this huge truck laying lap times that were competitive with the S2000s and Miatas.:D
It's not the fastest truck in a straight line but up to about 550PP its the best at cornering in my experience.

I'm sure the SSR is the best handling truck. It's the most car-like.

And I'm also sure the Ram has inherent understeer. It's a nose-heavy 4wd. But I've heard that you can get it neutral with tuning. Never driven it myself.

I did give the Lightning a run. My best time was 2:01.5 Not exactly shooting for top 500 but still gold time. I was dancing around 2:03 for probably 5 laps and then I forced myself to slow down more for the corners and bam, 1.5 seconds faster.

I don't know if it's "outside the box".. But I used a Focus ST to Gold Cape Ring. A C5 Vette work fine for Suzuka.

I'm sure the SSR is the best handling truck. It's the most car-like.

And I'm also sure the Ram has inherent understeer. It's a nose-heavy 4wd. But I've heard that you can get it neutral with tuning. Never driven it myself.

I did give the Lightning a run. My best time was 2:01.5 Not exactly shooting for top 500 but still gold time. I was dancing around 2:03 for probably 5 laps and then I forced myself to slow down more for the corners and bam, 1.5 seconds faster.

I did the 500pp TT with the Ram. If you do some tuning on it, it no longer oversteers. I turned a 2:56.4 with it, with room left for improvement. Gold being 3:02, its pretty competitive considering its size,weight and aerodynamics.

Alright, if thats the way you feel, use the search button next time.

Are you dense? I was directed to THIS THREAD, a thread in which I'd already posted, and in which no tune was listed hours later when I asked the question in the Tuning Forum.

I had read every post available on this TT and found no tuning info or help for it, WHICH IS WHY I POSTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The "help" I got on the tuning forum was equivalent to me going "Hey, I could use a hand with a car for this event" and some random douche canoe responding "Have you read the Wall Street Journal?" Pointing someone to irrelevant, useless information is actually far less helpful than not posting anything at all, because it just wastes your time and theirs.

Well I finally managed to hold things together long enough to get the Gold with my Chevy SSR.:cheers::gtpflag:

Truck is at full weight plus 182kg of ballast for a total of 2420kg with 544hp, 552ft-lb torque and a wing giving 5 rear downforce. I drive using an automatic transmission and ABS1 only. I'm sure better drivers could get much faster with this setup.

If anyone is interested I'll post the tune here tomorrow morning after work, need to sleep now.:drool:

Are you dense? I was directed to THIS THREAD, a thread in which I'd already posted, and in which no tune was listed hours later when I asked the question in the Tuning Forum.

I had read every post available on this TT and found no tuning info or help for it, WHICH IS WHY I POSTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The "help" I got on the tuning forum was equivalent to me going "Hey, I could use a hand with a car for this event" and some random douche canoe responding "Have you read the Wall Street Journal?" Pointing someone to irrelevant, useless information is actually far less helpful than not posting anything at all, because it just wastes your time and theirs.

I'm not dense but you must be as there is a thread in the very forum where you posted, in plain site mind you, that contains every tune in these forums. So, had you bothered to look past your nose, you would have found what you were looking for all by yourself. Even tho those tunes are not specifically what you were looking for, any one of them can be adapted to suit your needs. Thats exactly what I did and now I'm 595th with a time of 2:54.988. But I guess that might have been to much work for you as you expected someone to spoon feed you a setup.

Last edited:
I used the 2010 Camaro SS [a friend] gifted to me and had to restrict its horsepower like crazy. Found out it was so powerful thanks to a Stage 3 Engine upgrade. I added transmissioon and drivetrain upgrades to make it perform better. I apologize for my last post- I had said that Gold was 3:04 something and that I had a 3:06. Really, 3:02.400 was gold; and I had a 3:04-range time. I was able to land a lap time of 3:02.340. One of my online friends pulled a 3:01.935 in another 2010 Camaro SS. Top time right now for the Cape Ring TT is 2:46.718 in a 2003 Shelby Series One Super Charged.

I still haven't attempted the Suzuka trial or any drift event.

I used the 2010 Camaro SS [a friend] gifted to me and had to restrict its horsepower like crazy. Found out it was so powerful thanks to a Stage 3 Engine upgrade. I added transmissioon and drivetrain upgrades to make it perform better. I apologize for my last post- I had said that Gold was 3:04 something and that I had a 3:06. Really, 3:02.400 was gold; and I had a 3:04-range time. I was able to land a lap time of 3:02.340. One of my online friends pulled a 3:01.935 in another 2010 Camaro SS. Top time right now for the Cape Ring TT is 2:46.718 in a 2003 Shelby Series One Super Charged.

I still haven't attempted the Suzuka trial or any drift event.

I find Suzuka to be more fun..Drift trials are pretty cool although Sarthe might give you a bit of a headache.

Here is my current 2J setup. Works very well at Suzuka - I adapted it from the previous Spa Wet Time Trial. Only thing you should watch out is a bit of oversteer at some corner exits, but it only happens if you reaaally push it and even then, not much of a problem.

Transmission: 196 MPH seems to work out fine, I didn't really bother with the transmission.

LSD: 8/15/10

Suspension:
Ride: -10/-09
Springs: 18.2/20.0
Dampers Extension: 9/10
Dampers Compression: 8/9
Anti Roll: 1/2

Camber: 2.2/0.8
Toe: 0.03/-0.12

Just as I mentioned before, I started with a base of Praiano's tune and modified everything to my liking (The Toe setting for example is his, haven't touched that)

Currently residing on #54 but that's with a pretty messy lap. Bombed at least two of the corners. With a nice controlled lap, I should hit the mid to low 59's.

Thanks for the setup ugabugaz, I'm gonna try this now. I used your setup for the last TT on the NSX LM prototype, it made the car a lot more stable and driveable, and I improved my previous best time by around 0.5secs, so BIG thanks for that too.👍

Try ugabugaz's setups people, they're good:)

Thanks for the setup ugabugaz, I'm gonna try this now. I used your setup for the last TT on the NSX LM prototype, it made the car a lot more stable and driveable, and I improved my previous best time by around 0.5secs, so BIG thanks for that too.👍

Try ugabugaz's setups people, they're good:)

Thank you for the kind words - You may find a little over-steer on this setup, but I prefer it that way for my driving style. It's really not all that noticable, but you can't be dozing off while driving :) If you feel it's too much adjust the ride height to -10/-10.

Just one thing to mention, Adjust Brake Balance: 4/6

Also, Experiment with different ABS settings

Currently #40 - 2:00.174

EDIT: ADJUSTED BRAKE BALANCE AGAIN.

Last edited:
I used a Ford GT '05 (No-Stripe, fumes' setup) to take gold at Cape Ring.

I normally drive with AT (due to arthritis), but found in this instance at least that MT was immediately good for way over a second a lap.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Hi all.

I'm certainly no moderator, however, I would like to point out the following. I have followed the threads on TTs over over a year now. I occasionally post. I'm no top 50-100 player, I normally finish in top 500-1000 with the occasional top 250, best was 13th once.

Anyhow, I really have noticed that some people who post here are becoming insufferably competitive. The post becomes nothing more than spam. Everyone makes a mistake a some point when the post, wrong forum, something obvious, etc, etc. I remember someone getting busted for double posting once. Come on!

Now, a message to KB18FAN, I remember when you first started to regulary post on the forum. Most notably after a good TT with the NASCAR at Cape Ring. At this point you were very humble and thanked all those who gave you advise. You were also greateful for those who gave you tuning help, might I remind you. However, these days, it would seem you have become almost a little rude to other users. So you have tuned a car up into the 600's. Well done, seriously. But lets not hold it against other people, as some TTrialists who are ranked number 1 in the world are very happy to show their set-up.

Sorry, it had to be said, I hope people can be a little more respectful in future 👍

rhp82amman

Hi all.

I'm certainly no moderator, however, I would like to point out the following. I have followed the threads on TTs over over a year now. I occasionally post. I'm no top 50-100 player, I normally finish in top 500-1000 with the occasional top 250, best was 13th once.

Anyhow, I really have noticed that some people who post here are becoming insufferably competitive. The post becomes nothing more than spam. Everyone makes a mistake a some point when the post, wrong forum, something obvious, etc, etc. I remember someone getting busted for double posting once. Come on!

Now, a message to KB18FAN, I remember when you first started to regulary post on the forum. Most notably after a good TT with the NASCAR at Cape Ring. At this point you were very humble and thanked all those who gave you advise. You were also greateful for those who gave you tuning help, might I remind you. However, these days, it would seem you have become almost a little rude to other users. So you have tuned a car up into the 600's. Well done, seriously. But lets not hold it against other people, as some TTrialists who are ranked number 1 in the world are very happy to show their set-up.

Sorry, it had to be said, I hope people can be a little more respectful in future 👍

rhp82amman

And if you would have read the post one post ahead of mine, you would have seen why I respnded in the way I did. He starts his post out to me asking if I'm dense. Does that not classify as rude to you or do you just have tunnel vision and only see what I post. You are right, you are no moderator so please, mind your own buisiness. Thats the trouble with some people in these forums, they feel the need to poke their nose into something that doesn't concern them in order to take a shot at someone else. Sorry for off topic, but I'm not going to sit here and have you take shots at me.

Unbelievable times by GTPL_yinato, he's flying literally.

His replay looks exactly like mine. Only 9 seconds faster. doh!

It's a damn shame he couldn't afford an oil change...

Out of curiosity I ran a few laps (in practice mode) with the NSX-R. My first lap was better than my best in the Camaro. And my 3rd lap was a full second quicker. What does this prove? Nothing I suppose. Just what we already knew. The NSX-R is damn fast at 500PP.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words - You may find a little over-steer on this setup, but I prefer it that way for my driving style. It's really not all that noticable, but you can't be dozing off while driving :) If you feel it's too much adjust the ride height to -10/-10.

Just one thing to mention, Adjust Brake Balance: 5/6

Also, Experiment with different ABS settings

Currently #40 - 2:00.174

Bro...big up to you. I was running 2:03:698 and with your tune I am now 2:02:572. My best ranking ever since I started doing TT. Nice of you to share your tune.

*snip*
*snip*

Moderator or not, the guy has a point.

I don't have motivation to do TT at last time, I have lost my motivation for the TT... I'll try tomorrow for do money ^^

I play at other games (iRacing) at the moment.

I don't have motivation to do TT at last time, I have lost my motivation for the TT... I'll try tomorrow for do money ^^

I play at other games (iRacing) at the moment.
Similar to you, I just do the odd one and don't put much time into it. It is not due to playing other games but more to do with not being bothered to play games much at all. Can't wait for the next GT Academy to begin.

Anyone in the Top 250 @ Cape Ring wanna share their tunes??? :dopey:

I am currently at 275 with a time of 2:53.306, using the '10 Camaro SS, I can shave off that .300 but I keep effing up one of the corners lol

Anyone in the Top 250 @ Cape Ring wanna share their tunes??? :dopey:

I am currently at 275 with a time of 2:53.306, using the '10 Camaro SS, I can shave off that .300 but I keep effing up one of the corners lol

Sounds to me like it's not the car that needs tuning. ;)

(He says as he sits barely inside the top 1000...)

Sounds to me like it's not the car that needs tuning. ;)

(He says as he sits barely inside the top 1000...)

tumblr_lvrf58vBkL1qibz0jo1_500.gif

lol

I can do a tune for you - Camaro SS '10 right? But he is right...You should get into the top 100-200 with a stock car. I'll get on GT5 later so watch this thread for a Camaro Tune in a few hours.

Edit: I'm afraid I can't tune people though, at least not yet anyway :dopey:

^^yes, it's the Camaro SS '10.

I have the following mods on the Camaro:

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
Aero: Wing
Fully Customizable Tranny
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customizable Suspension

There you have it, I only adjusted the Suspension's Ride Height & the Transmission setup came from RKM's Tune, Aero is set to 10, Ballast to 25 in the Rear, and Brake Balance is 4/8.

^^yes, it's the Camaro SS '10.

I have the following mods on the Camaro:

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
Aero: Wing
Fully Customizable Tranny
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customizable Suspension

There you have it, I only adjusted the Suspension's Ride Height & the Transmission setup came from RKM's Tune, Aero is set to 10, Ballast to 25 in the Rear, and Brake Balance is 4/8.

Just by looking at that...Remove Aero..Remove Chassis reinforcement (I know you can't), Remove Ballast.

Back