TV output

don't have the game yet. but i was wondering if you can connect the psp to your tv and play on the tv. For those of you who do. Have you tried it and is the resolution/graphics better or worse than on the psp?

The resolution doesn't change when you output to tv. So imagine the psp scren streched out to the size of your tv. It looks worse as a result.

Anyhow tried it and it does work. If you have a psp 1000 you can't output to tv though.

Am I right in saying that game output only works on component (Red, Green, Blue + R+L Audio) cables? I read somewhere that the composite (yellow video and R+L Audio) output cable can't display games.

Am I right in saying that game output only works on component (Red, Green, Blue + R+L Audio) cables? I read somewhere that the composite (yellow video and R+L Audio) output cable can't display games.

To my knowledge this is correct... I have the composite cable and I cant play games on my TV...

:( That's what I thought. My recorder thingy can't take a component input and needs composite. Need new recorder...

i also ONLY recommend by using a S-Video capture card, because the resolution of psp is very low (~480x272).

Also, if you've never hooked up your psp to a tv, the video doesn't take up the entire screen of the tv (not sure if the same for capture cards). I want to say your psp will be displayed on 4/5 of your tv and have a black box around it. In regards to gran turismo on psp, I did notice that when set to PSP on the video output it's a tad fuzzy, but when you output with the game set to 'external video' it makes the picture crisper.

With capture card the PSP tries to keep a 480x272 res so you get a black box around it.

Attachments

• rb-u.jpg
    rb-u.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 46
Back