UEFA Champions League Thread [Archive]

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 4,646 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea fans to Zlatan: 'Zlatan, your nose is offside'

He responded by scoring the winner and providing an assist for their first!

Champions League this week

Tuesday
Atletico Madrid v PSV Eindhoven (0-0)
Man City v Dynamo Kiev (3-1)

Wednesday
Barcelona v Arsenal (2-0)
Bayern Munich v Juventus (1-2?)

That's what the question mark was for, sort of forgot the first leg score...

Atlético v PSV still 0-0, extra time is almost over. Missed the first half but the second one was quite exciting.

Jeroen Zoet, the PSV goalie deserves a medal for his work. He grabbed everything.

And it's on to overtime.

0-0 in the City game but the damage was done in the first leg, looks very likely that they will be the only English team in the quarter finals, and its their first champions League quarter final too, so well done to them....

On to penalties!

PSV out as Narsingh misses his shot.

Dammit.

Last edited:
Big game between Bayern and Juve as its 2-2 from the first leg and also a big night for Arsenal at the Camp Nou, cant see them getting anything tonight though!

Well they've got no Cech or Koscielny so it will be Neymar Messi and Suarez against Ospina Mertesacker and Gabriel! :lol:

Dybala isn't available will be a massive blow. He has been outstanding all season and by far the best goal scorer for Juventus.

Koscielny does start for Arsenal after a lay-off but no Mertesacker and Iwobi given a chance in midfield...

What a great start for Juventus. Pogba 1-0.

Arsenal are now truly stuffed. Neymar 1-0.

Edit: Juventus controlling the game and it looks the end for Bayern. Good finish by Cuadrado 2-0.

Last edited:
Come on Arsenal, one more to make the game exciting!

Edit.

Never mind!

Last edited:
Think it's all over for Arsenal. All to play for in the Bayern match, next goal really counts.

Edit: bye bye arsenal. See you next year, getting knocked out again at the last 16.

Bayern's social media team did a bit of a booboo.

2860162.jpg

Qui è la fine means something like 'It ends here'

Whoopsie.

:lol:

Funny thing is Kingsley Coman is on loan from Juventus and he played his absolute socks off. I'm sure Allegri is gutted that he loaned him out.

Brilliant game, what a comeback from Bayern!

Thought Arsenal did quite well tonight, forced Ter-Stegen into some good saves...

Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
Wolfsburg vs Real Madrid
Bayern Munich vs Benfica
PSG vs City

Quarter finals sorted.

Well my Benfica is pretty much damned. It was a good run while it lasted :lol:. But Bayern lost to Mainz a few weeks ago, so I have a tiny little hope in me :P

There isn't a single game, in my opinion, that both teams are balanced. Don't know why but I'm feeling there's a surprise on hold in the Wolfsburg-Real Madrid match. And I think that PSG is stronger than Man. City. Barça is stronger than Atletico.

Looking at that, I'd probably agree; if the expected winners go through, you've got arguably the 4 best teams in Europe at the moment in RM, Barca, Munich and PSG in the semi's.

As it is, Atletico are certainly not going to roll over, an inspired Aguero can take City through, Munich could capitulate if they played like they did in the 1st half on Wednesday... and Wolfsburg could just spring a good 'ol fashioned surprise.

Athletico have the best defence in Europe, they could do it.

I think PSG will be too much for City, Bayern will probably be comfortable.

Real might just struggle a bit, although Wolfsburg were probably better last year with KDB

It looks like that the big clubs might get what they want.

Granted, it will ensure a lot of big games, but pretty much kills the chance of having an outsider getting anywhere near the finals.
Well if an outsider makes it to the finals, it will be because they truly deserve it... I've seen it happen in the UEFA cup so many times, C rated teams draw each-other and all of a sudden you have one of them in the semifinals...

Atletico has ZERO-chance. While surprising Barca with counter attacks and parking the bus is totally doable, 2 games will make sure Barca goes through, no matter what defense Atletico has.

Man City could perfectly go through. I think that is the most even match out there. PSG tends to choke on big games and the lack of experience could be the downfall for either team.

Meanwhile.. RM vs Wolfsburg? If Wolfsburg gets through, some heads will roll at RMs front office.

Last edited:
Well if an outsider makes it to the finals, it will be because they truly deserve it...

If an outsider makes it through the groupstage it's already something. Usually the group consists of 2 big clubs, one not so big club and one pure poo.

Edit.

And that's because first of all the qualification for the tournament is flawed. 4 "champions" from one country? And this year we had 5 from Spain.

And second, the draw is just as bad. Just chuck them all in one bowl and go!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back