UEFA Champions League Thread [Archive]

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 4,646 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
DQuaN
Wow. I didn't see that coming. Great result for liverpool, but I don't think they have much of a chance in the final. Chelsea might have been able to beat Milano but I doubt Liverpool can.

But...... You never know.

LOL u forget someone:sly:

No you never know:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: 10 min. left:drool:

2-0 Right?

That would make extra time.

It was 2-0 in the first leg wasnt it?

Shame, poor PSV. I watched the game and didnt deserve to go out to a 91st minute goal :(

Their right back - Lee - looks awesomes.

Mike Rotch
Shame, poor PSV. I watched the game and didnt deserve to go out to a 91st minute goal :(

Their right back - Lee - looks awesomes.

Haha lol, no eh.......Lucius, seen him:crazy::yuck:

last goal scored by Philip Cocu

I was hoping for Milan to go to the finals, so 👍 for them and I hope they win the last game too.

I hope to watch the final game too, I just gotta know what day and time will it happen, maybe I´ll be working at the time. :(

Huh, if it was another underdog team against AC Milan, I would have hoped on that the underdog would win, only not the case in Liverpool-Chelsea; too many dutch players at Chelsea to hope they lose, that's betray in the lowest form lol:sly::lol:

For anyone who has Excel, here is a quiz on UEFA club badges...

http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/Lions/discuss/msgReader$1466

Right click the link that says

http://static.cybersaps.com/gems/Lions/uefaclubbadges.xls

..and choose 'Save Link Target As...' and away you go...

I've got 54/100, without any cheating (so far), which by my reckoning is pretty good, but I'm sure there are some of you that will be able to do better... 👍

TM

Damnit. Only 23 so far.

And I'm sure that Middlesborough is there but it wont accept it.

So many are on the tip of my tounge right now :banghead:

How do you cheat anyway :mischievous:

DQuaN
Damnit. Only 23 so far.

...just by looking at the BBC sport website or something... I needed to use google to get the spelling right quite a bit... (hint!)... I got a couple more, and my mate Mark has pushed me up to 60 now, but I only got 2 of those new ones myself... you can spend ages on this by the way! :crazy: 👍

edit:- if you open the file in Notepad, it's messy but you can find the team names in there... it doesn't show which is which, but they are there...

DQuaN
Damnit. Only 23 so far.

You mean Middlesbrough?

;)

*EDIT - I've got 37 so far, I'll have a better look when I get back from school.

A_JKOS
Spellings are the difficult thing to get right. :yuck:

Once I think I've got one, I type the name into Google, and it usually says 'Do you mean .......' with the correct spelling... then I use that spelling! :)

Borussia Monchengladbach being a good example ( i had borussia munchengladbach)

Mike Rotch
Liverpool out of Europe. Even if they lift the trophy?

:nonsense:

They will still be in the UEFA cup though, won't they? Everton deserve the place... 👍 :sly:

pwnexplode.gif

Race Idiot
If they win the trophy, it seems a bit stupid that then they aren't able to defend it. Although on the other hand, they have been pretty dire in the league whereas Everton have been solid and with the squad that they have it's damn good. Also they managed to loose their two 'star' players and still finished 4th.

I agree.. I think that the rules should be altered... by all means, have the rule "Only the Top 4 from the English Premiership qualify for the Champions League"... but there should also be a rule "The winners of the tournament gain automatic entry, regardless of the league situation"...

It seems harsh that Liverpool will not be playing in the Champions League next year even if they win, but something tells me it's a big 'if'... I think they have no chance against Milan... on the other hand, I thought Chelsea would murder them too, but was quite wrong about that!! :sly:

:banghead:

The one that has been bugging me for ages was Paris Saint Germain

It should be Paris Saint-Germain

:grumpy:

Touring Mars
They will still be in the UEFA cup though, won't they? Everton deserve the place... 👍 :sly:

Hmm... in the end im not sure that either everton or liverpool deserved the place, bolton have done better with their limited resources. And this is strong coming from me, being a liverpool fan

I hope Liverpool win tonight... I don't think they will to be perfectly honest, but I seem to be in the minority...

Was going to watch it at home, but they are showing it on the big screen in the student's union where I work, so will probably have my arm twisted to watch it over a pint (or ten)...

Once consolation... if Liverpool win, there will be a party atmosphere, and then the place will fill up with loads of girlies... no wait, it's the exams at the moment :ouch:

...anyway, hope it's a good match... enjoy it wherever you're watching it 👍

I'm hoping Liverpool win inside, but I kept telling Carl a scouse at my work they'll get absolutely hammered. I think it should be a good game, but both teams NEED to play better than the last round of the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back