UEFA Champions League Thread [Archive]

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 4,646 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Touring Mars
Motson: "And it looks like Juve are bringing on a sub.... yes, it's Lambretta..."

LMFAO, Thats quality,

lol, Inter were right to be extremley annoyed, and dida was rather the fool for just staying there.

Good result for Liverpool. Was lampard even on the pitch in the second half? Maybe he was too embarrassed to come out after missing a volley from 5 yards out in the first 15 mins :P

pwnexplode.gif

Controversial game, but I won £45 with William Hill so I'm happy.

Yep, although the extra time was probably down to thoes two Liverpool fans runing onto the pitch. I thought the ball was just over the line for the goal, but it was very, very close. Like they said after it was a decision the ref would get aggro for whatever way he gave it, it was just too close.

live4speed
Yep, although the extra time was probably down to thoes two Liverpool fans runing onto the pitch. I thought the ball was just over the line for the goal, but it was very, very close. Like they said after it was a decision the ref would get aggro for whatever way he gave it, it was just too close.

If I was the ref I would have called the penalty and sent off the keeper. Chelsea should have definitely scored in that game, I mean Liverpool were on the backfoot most of the game. Fairplay to Carragher, Finnan and Gerrard, excellent play from that Trio.

Didn't see this one coming.....

Mourinho also blasted the Reds' tactics, as they defended deeply after the fourth-minute goal.

"The best team lost. After they scored only one team played, the other one just defended for the whole game."

Or this one.....

"They are in the final and from my heart I hope they win it. The night belongs to them and I don't want to criticise them."

Mourinho, who went on to the field after the game to shake the hands of all the Reds players, congratulated them as well as backing his own team.

"They fought, fought, fought, the whole time over the two legs and I have to give Liverpool a lot of credit for that," he said.

I didn't see all of the first half and missed the possible penalty, but yeah Liverpool could hardly string two passes together in Chelsea's half, Carragher in perticular was fantastic and I hate to compliment a Liverpool player but he really was. I didn't like hearing comments abbout Liverpool like they were "back to their good old days", they're nothing like they were back then, they wouldn't have sat on a 1 - 0 lead back then. They don't have the quality they had then, not even close.

I can't say I'm dissapointed with the result, since I don't wasn't Chelsea winning the Champions league more than I don't want Liverpool to win it, so in my view it's the lesser of two evils.

live4speed
I didn't see all of the first half and missed the possible penalty, but yeah Liverpool could hardly string two passes together in Chelsea's half, Carragher in perticular was fantastic and I hate to compliment a Liverpool player but he really was. I didn't like hearing comments abbout Liverpool like they were "back to their good old days", they're nothing like they were back then, they wouldn't have sat on a 1 - 0 lead back then. They don't have the quality they had then, not even close.

I can't say I'm dissapointed with the result, since I don't wasn't Chelsea winning the Champions league more than I don't want Liverpool to win it, so in my view it's the lesser of two evils.

Back to their good old days ? I would say their last "good ol days" were when they won 5 trophies in one season. And I think they were reduced to just one season as the five year plan of Mr. Houlier didn't really materialize.

demon of speed
Can we have some movies of that contraversial Garcia goal please?

There was nothing controversial about it. Baros lost Carvalho, chipped Cech and then Cech clattered into him without a defender near Baros. The ref played advantage for the foul, when Garcia picked up the ball, and scrambled it off Terry towards the line. Gallas cleared it at least on the line.

So the option was to either let the goal stand, OR, call the foul, send off Cech and give Liverpool a penalty. Chelsea got off lightly.

Also
banana.gif

Wow. I didn't see that coming. Great result for liverpool, but I don't think they have much of a chance in the final. Chelsea might have been able to beat Milano but I doubt Liverpool can.

But...... You never know.

I'm surprised that Chelsea couldn't beat the Liverpool defense. Probably because of the lack of wingers, but oh well.

My dad was happy.

I wasn't suprised Chelsea's attack couldn't beat an 8 man defensive wall.

PSV-AC MILAN!!!
1-0 FOR PSV!!!!!!OW YEAH WE RULE!!!!!!!!
I'M HERE LIKE 200 yards from the soccer stadium or how do you say that, I could hear us scream

EINDHOVEN EINDHOVEN EINDHOVEN, EINDHOVEN EINDHOVEN EINDHOVVVVVUUUUUUHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE RULE, COME ON LIVERPOOL: PREPARE!!!!

BOEREN BOERUH BOERUH BOERUH(these are all songs from our supporters so....) BOERUH BOERUH!!!!

ExigeExcel
I'm surprised that Chelsea couldn't beat the Liverpool defense. Probably because of the lack of wingers, but oh well.

My dad was happy.

Maybe because Chelsea don't have any good strikers ?

Come on PSV !!

Guys, I'm afraid to say, I'm probably the only kid, no wait the only person in the world who doesn't like football I'm afraid to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back