UEFA Euro 2012

• Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 1,751 comments
What the hell is this man, hands overlooked for a penalty, and then another yellow card for Greece.

I say this ref has taken some money.

Greece deserves a goal.

What the hell is this man, hands overlooked for a penalty, and then another yellow card for Greece.

I say this ref has taken some money.

Greece deserves a goal.
Let's just hope this won't set the tone for the entire tournament...

Terrible referee. Not much more to be said.

I think the Greek number 19 was sent off for a good challenge and then had a bit of bad luck in the second.

This really raises the question though, 'What the hell are the additional assistants there for?'

The referee, apparently has done 19 matches in Spain this season, and he has given out wait for it, here it comes.... 16!!! red cards.

Good job picking this idiot, Mr. Platini.

Sjeez. First match, and I am already ticked off. :lol:

I think the whole world is agreed on that :lol:
I think the assistants need more power. I mean that they need to have the ability to make the decisions themselves, like linespeople can. Either that or better communication with the other officials.

The referee, apparently has done 19 matches in Spain this season, and he has given out wait for it, here it comes.... 16!!! red cards.

Good job picking this idiot, Mr. Platini.

Sjeez. First match, and I am already ticked off. :lol:

Offt! No wonder!! :lol: Makes you wonder where he was at the start of the game...

Well, we can all be thankful for 1 thing. There are no vuvuzelas in Poland.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Let's go Greece. And now start paying your taxes. :D

Yeah. Just watching highlights, I could tell that Papastathopaulos (spelling champion, did that from memory :D) deserved no such punishment.

Why do soccer players raise their hands when a ball goes out of bounds?

Goal to Greece, rebound off of a cross to the middle. 1-1. Ah! It was the sub for Greece that scored, that's neat.

Greece score ... Bright start in the second half, and mistake by Sczesny gifts the goal. 1-1 after 50 minutes. Poland should have finished it off already.

I'd be lying if I said that equaliser wasn't deserved, plus now we have a match on our hands. I wonder how Poland will cope for the next 40 minutes against a 10 man Greek side.

Off topic, is there a WC 2014 thread yet? I don't know where to discuss the USA game tonight.

Greece is starting to liven up, the crowd is quieting.

Good to know.. at least it'll be on TV, I'm glad ESPN is helping laypeople like myself follow the American side.

Surprised the ref didn't give a card on that challenge just from precedent :lol:.

I think someone gave the referee some strong words in the catacombs during halftime.

HAHAHAHAHA Penalty for Greece, red card for the Goalie!!!!!!!

What a dumb move by that goalie. HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Szczęsny...
facepalm-gif-smiley-5512.gif

A very short tournament for him.

edit: Only a one-match suspension for a red card, apparently...

Last edited:
Well you say that Dennisch ... Szczesny has gone. Though this time it's deserved, he just walked off the pitch accepting it

Last edited:
Was the red only because of the breakaway/in the box situation? Cause I've seen people get tripped like that without being booked.

And Karagounis gets saved, what a let-off for Poland!

EDIT: And a 1 match ban for Szczesny, meaning he misses the Russia game. Quite a loss for Poland

CAM
Was the red only because of the breakaway/in the box situation? Cause I've seen people get tripped like that without being booked.

Yeah, the Keeper prevented a goalscoring opportunity by taking the player out. Always a straight red.

Not quite Euro 2012 news, but I just heard that Greece's credit rating has been downgraded from junk to Samaras...

If any of the games for the rest of Euro 2012 at 10% as good as this one it'll be the best tournament ever :lol:

You mean the tournament with the most cards ever :sly:

Meanwhile, Greece stick the ball in the net, but it's offside. Complete change around from the first half, the players must have got the hair dryer treatment at half time :lol:

Lewandowski seems to have disappeared since the first half, lacking service from the midfield.

Not quite Euro 2012 news, but I just heard that Greece's credit rating has been downgraded from junk to Samaras...

:lol:

Still expecting one more goal before the end, but it could be from either team. Poland seem closer to getting one right now though.

The Polish fans aren't too happy with this score. Let's hope the Greece have a late goal in their feet. :lol: Nope, end of the game.

Russia - Czech Republic is next, should be a good match.

Last edited:
Back