Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
Conversely, Clarkson, May and Hammond could fill some vacancies at the top of various political parties.. 💡

Back to reality for a moment, I'm not sure that I like the thought of Top Gear on ITV, but it would be preferable to a move to Sky.

....Just watched a couple of episodes from....Season 3. Holy cow, that was jarring.
Can't believe how much the show has changed over the course of a decade.
It was full of "sensible" car reviews and news and cool walls. Nary a "weekly challenges" in sight.

....Can't decide which one I like more, though.

....Just watched a couple of episodes from....Season 3. Holy cow, that was jarring.
It was full of "sensible" car reviews and news and cool walls. Nary a "weekly challenges" in sight.

The contrast is so stark that it's unfair to compare the two. Watch a series 6-9 episode when challenges came in, then a 12-15 episode where challenges became prominent and reviews of normal cars tertiary and finally something like 17 onwards where we have the most recent formula.

List Of Top Gear Episodes is useful in charting these things.

Hence why most people who remember Top Gear of old aren't really bothered by all of this. If you think that series 3 was jarring, you should watch some of Top Gear before 2002:

I actually find most of the Old TG clips quite interesting, but that may be because I'm a bit boring. I wish Fifth Gear would go back to a formula closer to the Top Gear of the 90s.

I love late 90's Top Gear, there was a weird charm to it being sensible and serious. After so many years of the bonkers TG I would like to see more of the old style return but a guess that wouldn't draw the masses.

I just found the clip of May on old Top Gear, doing his best with Julia Bradbury :lol:

Last edited:
"House of Cars". .....Nope. It's not catchy enough. Sounds...boring, if I'm honest. Hopefully the rumor 'bout the trio landing a gig elsewhere is true. Just not with that name.

"House of Cars". .....Nope. It's not catchy enough. Sounds...boring, if I'm honest. Hopefully the rumor 'bout the trio landing a gig elsewhere is true. Just not with that name.
I'm assuming you haven't heard of the Netflix original series House of Cards. It's supposed to be a poke at that show.

I'm assuming you haven't heard of the Netflix original series House of Cards. It's supposed to be a poke at that show.

....I know 'bout it. Still not a catchy name. Surely, the trio can come up with something a bit more....witty than that.

I love late 90's Top Gear, there was a weird charm to it being sensible and serious. After so many years of the bonkers TG I would like to see more of the old style return but a guess that wouldn't draw the masses.

I just found the clip of May on old Top Gear, doing his best with Julia Bradbury :lol:

Goddamnit. Bloddy hell. Young May looks like Robin Thicke father with a hevy voice.

So there is something interesting on Channel 4 you guys might like, its a documentary going behind the scenes at Jaguar as they make 6 lightweight E-Types for the super rich, called 'Inside Jaguar: Making A Million Pound Car' and its on 9pm tonight..

I doubt they'll go to bbc again, they become pretty close to Clarkson and are problably working on a better deal together. But you never know, money is a really powerfull tool.

According to today's Mirror Hammond and May will record the links for the remaining episodes in the last series in the studio which will be empty and they will air this summer, good news if true! 👍

That's not suspicious at all.

Screenshot_2015-06-07-10-41-17.png

Back