Unfair suspension from online play.

• Thread starter Mrkeebz
  • 256 comments
I'm trying to make the point that PD must keep records of why someone was banned from there servers, something more than just a generic email. Evidence of the offense, time, date, that sort of thing, also the exact part of the TOS that was violated. Now this is not effecting very many people and loosing the use of the online portion is a minor loss to most but, things can get out of hand and escalate which is something no one wants I wouldn't think.

Sending a generic msg does not mean they dont have the data of what the offenders did.It could be an exploit of a bug or maybe a offensive msg in game chat (or a sexual livery or whatever).Is there any valid proof that people get suspended by doing nothing wrong?
If there is I would like to see it.Until then,I have to believe that this is not the case.

I've seen successful class action suits over less tbh, but there would have to be many many people banned for something like that to happen which won't.

Like I said,good luck to anyone that go after them like that.

Is there any valid proof that people get suspended by doing nothing wrong?
Guilty until proven innocent? Could not resist that joke. :lol:

I'm actually quite surprised at this move by PD, it was not so long ago we had things like this happening in the GT Academy tt's. IIRC we had that run completely thrown out, so all our long hard fought out milliseconds were for not. This is why I put the blame on PD, debug the game so we can all compete on a level field. Banning people will not achieve the end goal.

Mowing the lawn all the way to victory lane, and this is not nearly as bad as some of the contestants were.

I'm actually quite surprised at this move by PD, it was not so long ago we had things like this happening in the GT Academy tt's. IIRC we had that run completely thrown out, so all our long hard fought out milliseconds were for not. This is why I put the blame on PD, debug the game so we can all compete on a level field. Banning people will not achieve the end goal.

Mowing the lawn all the way to victory lane, and this is not nearly as bad as some of the contestants were.

You blame PD for people that intentionally cheat?

Do individuals have no accountability for their inappropriate behaviour in your eyes?

You blame PD for people that intentionally cheat?

Do individuals have no accountability for their inappropriate behaviour in your eyes?

Yes I blame PD, that cheating went on unchecked for days on end, some of us kept chugging away at it for nothing. Individuals have to be held accountable but it won't stop the problem, only fixing the game will. I don't get so worked up over cheaters using what the game is offering up. I've seen all kinds of other things though that would boil your kettle to say the least.

PD is notorious for this stuff ever since they went online and the list is very long. It seems like yesterday I was braking through the wall at the nurb, driving under the track in circles around the s/f line, rubber band on the controller doing 5 second laps with a beer in hand.

:lol:

Nice joke but does not work that way.
Like I said can anyone prove they got a ban while doing nothing wrong?Can the actually say :
"Never used a bug/glitch" or "Sexual livery" or "Hate msg" or "Hitting people with the intent to put them out of the track?" (just examples)
Because I see people say "I did nothing wrong".But when you ask them "You never did this or this or that" they dont answer back....

You blame PD because people use bugs to win races?Good one.Can you imagine one reason why does not everyone use that tactic?
Why there are some people that use the tire bug and others that dont?
Like I said:
The bug is there.So PD should
a. Fix the bug
b. Ban people that cheat.
Simple as that.Every developer does the same thing,why PD should be any different?

Yes I blame PD, that cheating went on unchecked for days on end, some of us kept chugging away at it for nothing. Individuals have to be held accountable but it won't stop the problem, only fixing the game will. I don't get so worked up over cheaters using what the game is offering up. I've seen all kinds of other things though that would boil your kettle to say the least.

PD is notorious for this stuff ever since they went online and the list is very long. It seems like yesterday I was braking through the wall at the nurb, driving under the track in circles around the s/f line, rubber band on the controller doing 5 second laps with a beer in hand.

:lol:
You blame PD for people that intentionally cheat.

Okay.

I blame PD for putting out sub par games and service in my eyes but hey, it's always a fun ride with them as there is never a dull moment. If you guys think banning people is the answer I can't say much more, it's not the answer but whatever.

It's like throwing a drug dealer in jail, a new one will pop up the very next day without fear of repercussions.

I blame PD for putting out sub par games and service in my eyes but hey, it's always a fun ride with them as there is never a dull moment. If you guys think banning people is the answer I can't say much more, it's not the answer but whatever.

It's like throwing a drug dealer in jail, a new one will pop up the very next day without fear of repercussions.

Those bugs usually people find about either by luck or by actually trying to find one to use.
When someone finds/discover a bug like this he should report the bug to the developer and not use it again.The developer has to fix it.
There is no "bug free" game.Yet people are not "forced" to use bugs to gain an advantage.If they use them they should get a bad for doing so.Is that really hard for you to understand that?

I will blame PD for it because clearly there are enough ways to get away with anything and everything in this game.
Banning people who intentionally cheat is the way to go. Enough said.
If you don't cheat, good for you. If you do, go play Black Ops 1 again.

What you are expecting to happen sadly never will, I'm a realist. The best to hope for is patches as quick as reasonably possible, if it makes people feel better to know others are banned so be it. I don't cheat these ways unless I'm in a private lobby and joking around with friends, but I do cheat to get game completion because the grind is long and hard.

BUT I'm most worried that things won't be ready for FIA stuff, in that regard I'm happy to see these things come out now. We should be thanking these cheaters.

I wonder if grinding for credits using the autodrive feature, or the tomahawk+elastic band thing would count as abusing a bug or glitch in the game

What you are expecting to happen sadly never will, I'm a realist. The best to hope for is patches as quick as reasonably possible, if it makes people feel better to know others are banned so be it. I don't cheat these ways unless I'm in a private lobby and joking around with friends, but I do cheat to get game completion because the grind is long and hard.

Its not about people feeling better.Its about fair online racing.

BUT I'm most worried that things won't be ready for FIA stuff, in that regard I'm happy to see these things come out now. We should be thanking these cheaters.

Being ready for FIA is on PD's hands.On another note,I am not thanking cheaters.They are exploiting bugs and not reporting them to PD and playing fair in an even field.Their problem is not bugs being there but their mentality:the'll bend or break rules in order to win.Most of the time because they cannot win in an even field.And I am thankfull if PD is banning those players.

Its not about people feeling better.Its about fair online racing.

Being ready for FIA is on PD's hands.On another note,I am not thanking cheaters.They are exploiting bugs and not reporting them to PD and playing fair in an even field.Their problem is not bugs being there but their mentality:the'll bend or break rules in order to win.Most of the time because they cannot win in an even field.And I am thankfull if PD is banning those players.

Well we're never going to agree or come to a middle ground, there will always be cheaters and to be frank PD makes it pretty easy. They'll never be able to ban public racing into a fair setting as only debugging will do that. These guys don't go away anyway as it's been pointed out, it's not very hard to create a new account.

Well we're never going to agree or come to a middle ground, there will always be cheaters and to be frank PD makes it pretty easy. They'll never be able to ban public racing into a fair setting as only debugging will do that. These guys don't go away anyway as it's been pointed out, it's not very hard to create a new account.

Sorry mate there is no excuse for cheating.Yes the game is not bug free.Even if it was there are still problems to be solved like BoP or SR system.I never said "PD's GTS is a perfect game".In fact I've done the opposite in these forums.
But cheating is another matter.And there is zero excuse for that.I really dont care about the "adult liveries" but again its their game,their rules.Follow them and you are fine.Break them and you should get banned.

Sorry mate there is no excuse for cheating.Yes the game is not bug free.Even if it was there are still problems to be solved like BoP or SR system.I never said "PD's GTS is a perfect game".In fact I've done the opposite in these forums.
But cheating is another matter.And there is zero excuse for that.I really dont care about the "adult liveries" but again its their game,their rules.Follow them and you are fine.Break them and you should get banned.
Say I was running a race with tire wear and at some point went into the pause menu for some completely innocent reason on the last lap when I was in 3rd place. I get new tires but I'm in 3rd place and no one is near me so I'm not looking or paying much attention to the HUD. I finish my race and never notice anything happening to the tires. I've now just exploited a bug so I'm guilty and should be banned. Or let's say I used a livery with my dog in it that says "My Bitch" on it. Bitch is a word used to describe a female dog in english, but someone reports it and you get banned for being a mysoginist or sexist or whatever the appropriate buzzword is.

This is the problem with a system that has no review process and no specifics given. You can be banned for a completely innocent reason, or at least that possibility is open if we don't get any specifics. Maybe they're smart enough to know about bitches and maybe they aren't but I think we'd all like to have specifics if and when we or our friends get banned.

Say I was running a race with tire wear and at some point went into the pause menu for some completely innocent reason on the last lap when I was in 3rd place. I get new tires but I'm in 3rd place and no one is near me so I'm not looking or paying much attention to the HUD. I finish my race and never notice anything happening to the tires. I've now just exploited a bug so I'm guilty and should be banned. .

You would do it once in one race. Not several times per race in multiple races.

You would do it once in one race. Not several times per race in multiple races.
And? Do you know what the criteria is for suspension that you have to do it several times per race in multiple races? How many? 3? 4? 5? Is that an official quote from the PD Handbook on Getting Suspended?

And? Do you know what the criteria is for suspension that you have to do it several times per race in multiple races? How many? 3? 4? 5? Is that an official quote from the PD Handbook on Getting Suspended?
Err no, I'm saying (again) that there is a very obvious difference between accidentally using this glitch and abusing it. Which you'd see if you had read all the comments on this thread.

Say I was running a race with tire wear and at some point went into the pause menu for some completely innocent reason on the last lap when I was in 3rd place. I get new tires but I'm in 3rd place and no one is near me so I'm not looking or paying much attention to the HUD. I finish my race and never notice anything happening to the tires. I've now just exploited a bug so I'm guilty and should be banned. Or let's say I used a livery with my dog in it that says "My Bitch" on it. Bitch is a word used to describe a female dog in english, but someone reports it and you get banned for being a mysoginist or sexist or whatever the appropriate buzzword is.

This is the problem with a system that has no review process and no specifics given. You can be banned for a completely innocent reason, or at least that possibility is open if we don't get any specifics. Maybe they're smart enough to know about bitches and maybe they aren't but I think we'd all like to have specifics if and when we or our friends get banned.

Lets say I write in the game chat to another player : "You are gay" using the meaning that either he is:
a. light-hearted and carefree.
b. brightly coloured/showy (because of the livery) but I get banned for that.
Can you actually blame PD because the other guy got offended?Should I not consider the possibility that using that word I can potentially offend the other guy?
As far as the bug,I am pretty sure people have to try hard to "accidentally" activate that bug.And most of people using it seem to "activate" it in every race and almost every lap:either to "test" or by "accident".So there is a big difference....

Lets say I write in the game chat to another player : "You are gay" using the meaning that either he is:
a. light-hearted and carefree.
b. brightly coloured/showy (because of the livery) but I get banned for that.
Can you actually blame PD because the other guy got offended?Should I not consider the possibility that using that word I can potentially offend the other guy?
As far as the bug,I am pretty sure people have to try hard to "accidentally" activate that bug.And most of people using it seem to "activate" it in every race and almost every lap:either to "test" or by "accident".So there is a big difference....
What if it's an exchange between friends and he actually is gay? Now what?

Then propably he in not reporting you for it.
No but a third party might. That's the point. If you get suspended you deserve to know specifically why and you also deserve to get a review in case it's something explainable or completely innocent. Not sure how anyone could continue to argue for anonymous, undefined suspensions without a full review process, from a game they paid good money for.

I've finally moved on to PC but I used the pit lane glitch offline quite a bit weeks ago .
Haven't been on GT in weeks but I'll dust off the PS4 and see if I'm suspended. Sort of curious now.

Edit:
Fired it up no suspension.

I really don't think they're suspending accounts for use of the now patched pit lane glitch offline.
I think if they were I'd be suspended, err, indefinitely.

I suspect those that have bad news are creating offensive liveries, involved in nasty chat, or exploiting sport mode.
However this is all opinion, perhaps a definitive list of no nos will arrive at some point .
Happy racing all!

Last edited:
No but a third party might. That's the point. If you get suspended you deserve to know specifically why and you also deserve to get a review in case it's something explainable or completely innocent. Not sure how anyone could continue to argue for anonymous, undefined suspensions without a full review process, from a game they paid good money for.

In either case you know that you got suspended : for the use of the word "gay".You know why.
On the other hand every developer does the same thing -concoles-.
Example: In Destiny you get banned or suspended for violating their rules.Sometimes is cheating.Other times is just because you have bad connection.You did nothing wrong,just lag and you get suspended.They dont review or explain.They check your data and thats it.Why PD (or any other developer) should have a different policy?You know the rules,you must play within that rule book and thats that.

In either case you know that you got suspended : for the use of the word "gay".You know why.
On the other hand every developer does the same thing -concoles-.
Example: In Destiny you get banned or suspended for violating their rules.Sometimes is cheating.Other times is just because you have bad connection.You did nothing wrong,just lag and you get suspended.They dont review or explain.They check your data and thats it.Why PD (or any other developer) should have a different policy?You know the rules,you must play within that rule book and thats that.
No you don't. Two gay people having a chuckle calling each other gay is something two gay friends would likely do in real life and it's completely innocent fun. They are mocking each other and not using profanity. Why would you suspect it would get you banned from a game? So you're advocating that no one should ever be able to review their suspension or be given any specifics? That's your position?:lol:

Just accept being banned for no reason because all dev's do it?

Back