Unfairlanes garage

• Thread starter unfairlane
  • 53 comments
Schitts Creek Thank You GIF by CBC

I heard a new update came out today and decided to do a few laps around willow springs in anticipation they may have adjusted the tires.
Did a few laps with a tuned Ford GT with high downforce on both the front and rear. And this is my result:

People say "Oh! You're just not used to the physics!" I say that's complete and utter BS.
The physics of the cars themselves feel fine when you are settled into what the game sees as "acceptable" grip. They handle well, it's fun and amazing.

But the second, the SECOND you step a toe out, maybe a touch of too much throttle, or the crest of a hill lightening the load of your springs, your car INSTANTLY wants to snap oversteer. Even with max downforce, your car has no other desire than to just fling it's rear out, even if you're going completely straight and the only thing to upset your car is you going over a hill. Out of every sim I've played, and I played these sims meant for racing wheels with a controller using DS4Windows, and even without rumble, those game illustrated better their tire slip angles and the point at which you begin to spin better than GT7, and some of those sims are old enough themselves to drive and serve in the military.

It's hard to enjoy a game where I'm suddenly gripping like a magnet with downforce and then all of a sudden, my car spins out for whatever reason and I can't even figure out why.

Lets hope they`re capable to fix this soon..

Try to gropw up kid. No, the game is close to useless to me as long as the car-physics are like shown on the video.
But as an old GT`er I hope PP can fix it but since they first made it I do not have big hopes.
How much older than 58 do I have have to be too grow up, I've been on the same gt1 as you , and 2, 3, 4, etc... I was just tugging on your chain a bit, lighten up and don't take things so seriously.
I agree with you about a few things wrong on 7 but the allowing tuning in the dailies is so wrong, daily races should have Both types of races available BoP and Tuning.

No it will not, this game is not worth my time
You are right and I was going to open up a garage next week, but when I saw something odd the other day about suspension settings adjustments effect the performance points of a car. So I am not going to bother to open one up and I stop playing this game for good, because and PD has gone down hill with GT7.

Suspension settings should effect the PP. Figure it this way, if your car has a poor suspension you will not get the best price out of it, if your suspension is set properly you will drive the balls off that car and beat everyone. If your suspension settings are spot on then the PP numbers will be higher.

adjusting suspension should not affect PP rating
upgrading suspension should affect the PP rating
Read my post above, if you adjust your suspension to make your car perform better it will show in the PP numbers. Eg. Your dampers are at minimum and your PP is 150, you go stiffen the dampers and springs a bit making your car more driveable, your PP should go up because a more drivable car is not a handicap as before adjusting...

wrong
adjusting suspension does not add power, or decrease weight, so no PP change
it just makes the car handle differently, better or worse is subjective and a matter of personal preference
a suspension upgrade however can make a car turn faster lap times, giving it an advantage and adding PP points

wrong
adjusting suspension does not add power, or decrease weight, so no PP change
it just makes the car handle differently, better or worse is subjective and a matter of personal preference
a suspension upgrade however can make a car turn faster lap times, giving it an advantage and adding PP points
No suspension adds power, but what does PP stand for? PERFORMANCE POINTS, not power.
You are increasing your PERFOMANCE when you favorably adjust your suspension settings.
If you have a road car new, it will not have any suspension settings adjustable, you have to buy it.
Now if you have a race car that comes with adjustable suspension settings and you adjust them favorably to perform better, your PP will go up accordingly.
Anything you do or buy can and will affect your PP, just a simple change in the anti- roll bars can make your PP go up

Last edited:
No suspension adds power, but what does PP stand for? PERFORMANCE POINTS, not power.
You are increasing your PERFOMANCE when you favorably adjust your suspension settings.
If you have a road car new, it will not have any suspension settings adjustable, you have to buy it.
Now if you have a race car that comes with adjustable suspension settings and you adjust them favorably to perform better, your PP will go up accordingly.
Anything you do or buy can and will affect your PP, just a simple change in the anti- roll bars can make your PP go up
Any Suspension adjustments should and not change the PP on a car in this game, and PD got this all wrong. All the engine parts and weight reduction should change the PP though, if the car is on the PP limit like it was in GT5 and GT6.
GT7 would have been a good game, if PD did not change the way the suspension adjustment effected the PP.

Last edited:
CBH
Any Suspension adjustments should and not change the PP on a car in this game, and PD got this all wrong. All the engine parts and weight reduction should change the PP though, if the car is on the PP limit like it was in GT5 and GT6.
GT7 would have been a good game, if PD did not change the way the suspension adjustment effected the PP.
In real life, if your car has crappy suspension you are not going to be competitive, if you make adjustments, NOT BUY PARTS, your performance will be better hence the PP goes up.
It's simple as I see things.

Last edited:
In real life, if your car has crappy suspension you are not going to be competitive, if you make adjustments, NOT BUY PARTS, your performance will be better hence the PP goes up.
It's simple as I see things.
No the handling will only get bette and not the PP..

CBH
I agree with you my friend. I don't understand why PD made this system. It was so simple on GT6 and GT Sport. To change the PP it was just necessary to change the weight of place or by putting heavier. There it is more complex and finicky.

I agree with you my friend. I don't understand why PD made this system. It was so simple on GT6 and GT Sport. To change the PP it was just necessary to change the weight of place or by putting heavier. There it is more complex and finicky.
Yes my friend it is going to make things tricky and more complex when tuning, and it is going to take longer to do a tune.
It's so ridiculous why PD did this for GT7, and in previous GT games doing the suspension was the right way.

CBH
Yes my friend it is going to make things tricky and more complex when tuning, and it is going to take longer to do a tune.
It's so ridiculous why PD did this for GT7, and in previous GT games doing the suspension was the right way.
I do not really know why. And moreover we can only make 550 or 600PP. Why ? @praiano63 apparently figured out how all of these settings work. I haven't had time to look into it yet. I'll look at all of that next week.

I do not really know why. And moreover we can only make 550 or 600PP. Why ? @praiano63 apparently figured out how all of these settings work. I haven't had time to look into it yet. I'll look at all of that next week.
I just read some info on the internet on how you can understand the PP a lot better with the suspension setup, and it was very helpful.

As a Norwegian I`ve seen the most of slippery roads. But hardly anything like the effect of water on clean tarmac in GT7.
Raced on Spa yesterday, AWD on sportstires and it starts to rain. After a while it was like driving on wet hard ice. Would not have complained to much if I had been driving on raceslicks, but sportstires should behave much like intermediates. Way too much drama PP, calm down

Another one; won a 60`s Fiat 500. Funny little car, I "hotted" it up to some 45-50hp and took it for a spin at Goodwood. Not a rocket this little Italian, could hardly keep up with the Minis. And then, in the first turn, in about 80kmh/50mph and on street tires, it flips over, overturns, rolls over like a ball. Another"I`ve had enough of this"-moment for me

A third one: Bought me a tuned-up -67 Chevrolet Nova only to find out it could not be raced since it was "no roadcar". Oh yeah? Then what is a AMG Mercedes? It`s a tuned up factory car. Like the Shelby-cars and others. PP`s definition of a roadcar seems to be their wery own, a upgraded car is off course still a roadcar but now with a higher PP

1969 De Tomaso Mangusta setup: (PP600)

--------- Front - Rear
- Height: 136 - 130
-- --ARB: 6 - 9
- Bound: 38 - 40
Rebound: 48 - 50
Springs: 220 - 285
Camber: 1.2 - 0.8
-----Toe: 0.0 - 0.2

Diff: 22 - 55- 45
- Aero: 63 - 200

- Still a handful but competive!