Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

I don't see this being a major content patch like they're "predicting". That would be 1.1. 1.03 will be bug fixes and unlocking the Vettel events (which I'm pretty sure we've already downloaded), or maybe a new Vision GT car or something.

HAHA! I bet they took that from us :lol:
Yes. Source please.

Could be, I have no idea, nor do I really care. They could have taken it from any site that includes a forum on GT6 where speculation runs rampant, including GTPlanet and many others, or they may have been quoting Mr Yamauchi directly. It should be obvious to most intelligent racers and even a few gAmeRz that official info is and always has been in short supply re GT. I simply provided it because that's where I found it.

I know many impatient gAmeRz think the slave-mentat-elves are toiling away 24/7/365 all year long to support their "substantial" (not) $60 investment, but from mid Dec til the first week of January, things tend to come to a crawl in many businesses, especially where people tend to work really long hours like in programming. I know I didn't get very much done this past week or so for the code I develop and maintain. Granted, I normally work 16+ hour days, so I have no qualms about taking the time, regardless of anyone's complaints. Emergencies are one thing, but this isn't an emergency. My employer can always choose to fire me, but they will be hard pressed to find someone as intimate with the code or as willing to drop everything when they have an issue or a new feature they want added, at the price they pay me.

I have no doubts that PD will deliver. "When?" is a question that leads to speculation until an official announcement is made. That much should be apparent without resorting to mydogbigger me-too-isms and "Like I said it firsts".

Yes LVracerGT, much as I'd like to see the missing content added, any substantial bugs probably ought to be shaken out first. Of course, a complete shake-out may be problematic, since some aren't obvious bugs (for instance, the online bonus issue that some are reporting) and some may simply be difficult to isolate, but I do agree with the sentiment. It's how I conduct my work and how I hope to see companies conduct theirs as well. Not exactly "hoping" they do so, but it seems to me a responsible way to address things.

Having said that, iff there's content they have completed which is ready for incorporation, I don't see anything wrong with a two-pronged attack, ie, release the content and continue to squash bugs. I can't why they would hold up release of material until they fix every single issue. That wouldn't be in anyone's best interest (IMHO)

Anyone else hoping they fix the aftermarket wheel bug and everything else that doesn't work properly before they add more features?

No... Sure I would like bugs/glitches fixed but to say before they add more features definitely not. That is basically saying that they should delay any extra features events until after they have addressed everything that everyone is complaining about even though the new features may be ready before those things can be fixed.

What they should do is add the new features as they are ready to go, address the bugs/glitches according to how they affect game play and how much effort is required. There will always be little bugs/glitches/inaccuracies in a game and if you delay content till they are all corrected that just means never adding any content.

I don't see this being a major content patch like they're "predicting". That would be 1.1. 1.03 will be bug fixes and unlocking the Vettel events (which I'm pretty sure we've already downloaded), or maybe a new Vision GT car or something.
Vettel events should be in a mini update, not 1.03, just like seasonal events.

Vettel events should be in a mini update, not 1.03, just like seasonal events.
Well considering that the first ones were in a major update I would think it logical to assume the next maybe be in a big update as well of course it is possible that they could be in a mini update but I think if that were the case we would have gotten then along with the seasonals.

There is also a big update scheduled for Jan, possibly 2 which indicates that one will be early in the month and the other likely a couple of weeks later if it comes

I think some people seem to have forgotten that GT6 is actually a GAME and not REAL LIFE!!! Yes it's advertised as a racing simulator and the closest racing game to real life so far but with today's limited technology no game company is going to be able to make anything anywhere near real life, you want real life sounds, grip and challenging opponents? Go race in real life and let the rest of us just enjoy this GAME for what it is instead of picking out every tiny thing that doesn't resemble real life!!
I hate to burst your bubble, and everyone else's for that matter, but there is already for some years now, a "real racing simulator" that is "near real life" or as close as it can be to real life, it's called iRacing and it's on PC.
It's about 1.5 light years away ahead of GT in terms of simulation (intentional exaggeration), but is also one of the most expensive racing simulator if not the most.
Take a look here > http://www.iracing.com/testimonials/
And no, that's not just paid advertising, with a little research about this game you can find it's the truth.

Today's technology is not as "limited" as you may think, besides iRacing there are at least 2 new upcoming racing games, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa, that will wipe the floor with GT6 and GT7 will have to raise up to their standards or at least to the standard of Project CARS which will come on PS4 too. Again some research will give a lot of insight about this.

Considering those and the fact that Oculus Rift is on it's way, not to mention that you can buy (if you have the money) one of these > SimXperience Stage 5 Full Motion Simulator >

I say the technology, the tools and the simulators are already here today, the only problem is money and how much one is willing to spend for his racing simulation needs.

I just think it's funny how people use 'light years' as a measurement of time, while it's a measurement of distance :P

Anyway, I'm hoping for the community features :) I would like to be able to set up a trackday 'club' for people who are serious* about it, I'm tired of setting up a trackday room and hoping no idiots join that make you spend more time keeping an eye on them and kicking them out than racing yourself.

*serious as in not driving the wrong way, not blocking the track, drive with some respect to others (no ramming and stuff) etc.

I really hope this new update gets released this week, GT6 is far from boring but any new content is always welcome and fixes too!

I just think it's funny how people use 'light years' as a measurement of time, while it's a measurement of distance :P

I think it's funny how people don't realise that it's both. You have to have the year to find the light's vector. Lol.

So you guys rather them add more content to a broken game instead. Of fixing it.? The fact that I had to spend close to 2 million just to rvert cars to stock rims is ridiculous

Do you think pd will ever bring a game out that won't have bugs in it? Surely they should test these game properly before they release them.
All they need to do is give a couple of copies to gtp members and we 'll do the testing.

Latest Posts

Back