Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

So you guys rather them add more content to a broken game instead. Of fixing it.? The fact that I had to spend close to 2 million just to rvert cars to stock rims is ridiculous
Well personally I would like both but I do not want them to withhold content just to fix a little bug that costed a glitcher a few of his ill gotten credits ;)

I also have custom wheels on many of my cars and they work fine on them so I have no issues at present. I have not tried changing the wheels on some of the cars yet but apparently it only has an effect on those cars which have staggered tire widths which is actaully a small percentage of the cars in the game

I'm surprised... it is the first time in MONTHS that somebody points out that, but the last person I saw he said it ended up like the guys your aiming that post at, though...

I don`t know, i think the areas like ai and damage should be critictized just for not being as good as other games on ps3..
not just compared to rl..
Dirt has better sounds, f1 and grid have more camera options, they all have better ai, damage and career modes...

I have not tried changing the wheels on some of the cars yet but apparently it only has an effect on those cars which have staggered tire widths which is actaully a small percentage of the cars in the game

I thought there was supposed to be some standard for accuracy in posts.

I also have custom wheels on many of my cars and they work fine on them so I have no issues at present. I have not tried changing the wheels on some of the cars yet but apparently it only has an effect on those cars which have staggered tire widths which is actaully a small percentage of the cars in the game

That's actually not true:

@mohammad With most it is visually obvious but if you take it as a given that all MRs have wider rears, all high powered FRs, many regular FRs, and some 4WD (Lambos, Audis etc..) It actually doesn't leave many cars you can change to custom rims without affecting handling, although some that exhibit horrible understeer on stock rims will benefit from the loss of rear grip.

It means the claim that cars with wider tires in the rear than the front making up a small percentage of the cars in the game has no accuracy. Any mid engined car made since the advent of low profile tires is far more likely than not going to have considerably wider rear tires. Any moderately powerful FR car made since the late 1990s is probably going to have at least somewhat wider rear tires, 90s Camaro and Mustang excepting.

Ok, I'll have to try a few more. so far I have changed wheels on a few of my cars and have not experience any issues. Perhaps the small percentage part was in error but here are a huge number of cars that either do not have staggered wheel widths or will not allow you to change wheels so it certainly does not effect all of them

Ok, I'll have to try a few more. so far I have changed wheels on a few of my cars and have not experience any issues. Perhaps the small percentage part was in error but here are a huge number of cars that either do not have staggered wheel widths or will not allow you to change wheels so it certainly does not effect all of them
Maybe so but it affects most of the fun, high powered road/sports cars, if not all of them... We have collected samples and performed a number of highly controlled laboratory experiments. 👍

I just think it's funny how people use 'light years' as a measurement of time, while it's a measurement of distance :P

Anyway, I'm hoping for the community features :) I would like to be able to set up a trackday 'club' for people who are serious* about it, I'm tired of setting up a trackday room and hoping no idiots join that make you spend more time keeping an eye on them and kicking them out than racing yourself.

*serious as in not driving the wrong way, not blocking the track, drive with some respect to others (no ramming and stuff) etc.

...Well...

Actually, I think they DO realize they're using distance measures rather than units of time...

Haven't you heard the term "miles ahead"...? :P

besides iRacing there are at least 2 new upcoming racing games, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa, that will wipe the floor with GT6 and GT7 will have to raise up to their standards or at least to the standard of Project CARS which will come on PS4 too. Again some research will give a lot of insight about this.

I'm not sold on PCars. It reeks of overhyping. We shall see though.

So you guys rather them add more content to a broken game instead. Of fixing it.? The fact that I had to spend close to 2 million just to rvert cars to stock rims is ridiculous
Its going to cost you a lot to buy the wheels for the rims.

It is overhyped, and I don't understand why. Just another sim racer... But yeah, we shall see indeed.

Yea, I have a hard time believing in how good it's going to be when I played NFS Shift. That was really false advertising. Would have been accurate if they had removed the F from Shift. So, yea, that can be mostly blamed on EA. Except I also played Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends, made by the same folks, except published by Atari this time. Same crappy physics.

If they get the physics right, along with their announced feature set it will almost be too good to be true. I'm giving it about a 25 percent chance right now. Having low expectations means I don't have to deal with disappointment. :)

How you know how I get my credits .?

Well personally I would like both but I do not want them to withhold content just to fix a little bug that costed a glitcher a few of his ill gotten credits ;)

Yea, I have a hard time believing in how good it's going to be when I played NFS Shift. That was really false advertising. Would have been accurate if they had removed the F from Shift. So, yea, that can be mostly blamed on EA. Except I also played Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends, made by the same folks, except published by Atari this time. Same crappy physics.

Man, the physics were one of the worst for me, totally remove the "F" in Shift's name. ;)

If they get the physics right, along with their announced feature set it will almost be too good to be true. I'm giving it about a 25 percent chance right now. Having low expectations means I don't have to deal with disappointment. :)
Same here. 👍

Last edited:
I'm going to make my prediction of tomorrow Jan 6th. I said the same thing in the Red Bull X thread about them taking New Years off because the Japanese do not work during New Years, and of course that would obviously extend into the weekend as well.

Assuming that, Monday January 6th is when everyone goes back to work, so patch should be dropped by then.

Man, the physics were one of the worst for me, totally remove the "F" in Shift's name. ;)

Yea, they were OK'ish in the slowest cars. But once you started driving anything with any power behind it the physics were just god awful. I hope it's different and that their previous titles were held back from what they could have been due to the publishers. But won't be holding my breath.

I am also hopeful about the potential community features in GT6. The official website talks about car clubs. Give me a strong set of permanent leaderboards along with car club competition and I'll be happy for a long time. But again, not holding my breath.

How you know how I get my credits .?
Well in order to be able to waste 2 million credits on wheels you would have to have 1 a lot of credits, 2 a lot of cars and more than likely not driven them very much else you would have noticed the problem much much sooner and not bought all those wheels in the first place ;)

Yea, they were OK'ish in the slowest cars. But once you started driving anything with any power behind it the physics were just god awful. I hope it's different and that their previous titles were held back from what they could have been due to the publishers. But won't be holding my breath.
Yeah that's true. My first experience with the bad physics was in the MP4-12C on Nurburgring, ugh. My hopes are really low for their next game this year, that's for sure.

I am also hopeful about the potential community features in GT6. The official website talks about car clubs. Give me a strong set of permanent leaderboards along with car club competition and I'll be happy for a long time. But again, not holding my breath.
Oh yes that will be awesome. 👍 But gotta keep hopes lows just in case.

Yeah that's true. My first experience with the bad physics was in the MP4-12C on Nurburgring, ugh. My hopes are really low for their next game this year, that's for sure.

Oh yes that will be awesome. 👍 But gotta keep hopes lows just in case.

I drove Shift on the PC with a controller, did not play it long and never tried with a wheel but played it long enough to know that the physics were poor and the overall game was not very good.

I tried Shift 2 on the Xbox after being told by some friends that is was much better than Shift and general bragging on it they were doing. I used a Fanatec wheel and the first few races were absolutely terrible, The FFB was the worst of any game I have ever played by a long shot. Tons of resistance when off the track or stopped and none at all when moving fast on track, could not even drive in a straight line without changing several things on the wheel settings.

I tried a lap on Nurburgring and was off track nearly 100 times ! After finally getting the wheel settings modified to where I could at least feel the center position of the wheel I did much better and was able to nail 75 corners according to the game but it still felt really bad and back in the box it went never again to see the light of day.

At least I got the game for less than $30 and I learned to ignore recommendations from that friend in the future

I agree phil_75 and i dont know why our friends at Polyphony think that we are so stupid....gt6 is the worst gt for my oppinion for many reasons ....its a new game with expiration date for an old console ps3(very strange)...i think that gt7 will be here very soon for ps4...history says that not me...gt1 for ps1..gt3 for ps2...gt5 for ps3...
...i think that gt7 will be here very soon for ps4...history says that not me...gt1 for ps1..gt3 for ps2...gt5 for ps3...
...history says that not me...gt1 for ps1..gt3 for ps2...gt5 for ps3...
...gt5 for ps3...

I drove Shift on the PC with a controller, did not play it long and never tried with a wheel but played it long enough to know that the physics were poor and the overall game was not very good.

I tried Shift 2 on the Xbox after being told by some friends that is was much better than Shift and general bragging on it they were doing. I used a Fanatec wheel and the first few races were absolutely terrible, The FFB was the worst of any game I have ever played by a long shot. Tons of resistance when off the track or stopped and none at all when moving fast on track, could not even drive in a straight line without changing several things on the wheel settings.

I tried a lap on Nurburgring and was off track nearly 100 times ! After finally getting the wheel settings modified to where I could at least feel the center position of the wheel I did much better and was able to nail 75 corners according to the game but it still felt really bad and back in the box it went never again to see the light of day.

At least I got the game for less than $30 and I learned to ignore recommendations from that friend in the future
I did the very same when I couldn't take the game's icy physics, input lag, glued on to AI and other issues it had anymore. It was just the worst experience I ever gotten in a racing game. I did go back to play it again after reading someone's post saying they found a setting that gave more response. It did work and I was having alittle fun, though the physics and AI weren't doing it for me.

I'm not sure about the next game being made by the same devs (oooh lord), but I'll be getting it for PS4. However, I'm keeping my expectations really low for it, and I highly recommend you and others to do the same if you are getting it as well. The hype around it is just odd to me.

Businesses open around 9/10 in Japan so we have 5/6 hours left.
Let's see what happens.

?

Of course they might not make it live as soon as they com into work, could be near the end of their working day if it comes.

Do updates ever occur on days other than Wednesday/Thursday (depending on where you live)?

If not then we won't see this update for a few more days.

Do updates ever occur on days other than Wednesday/Thursday (depending on where you live)?

If not then we won't see this update for a few more days.

The micro updates do, I believe.

But we have only seen two major updates, so I think it's too soon to call it a definite pattern..

Back