Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

I had multiple crashes trying to download the update, tried the procedure described by PD to no avail, tried the game data delete as well.
I eventually deleted the install data, redownloaded all 15 plus gigabytes and did the update from 1.01 (which included the 1 plus gigabyte update for 1.01 & 1.02), it then updated to 1.03 on the second try. The first time at updating failed, no idea why.

I have the PS3 Slim and Digital Download.
Had the same issue of game crashing and PS rebooting after trying to update. Running the PS system check/fix the PS recommends after the crash solved my problem. First tried three times with out the check, as it is usually just time consuming and useless, but once I let the system run the check and fix the GT6 updated with no problems.

Anyone else notice that after 1.03 the game now automatically saves after you ok your log in bonus? I noticed it last night since I have never seen that happen before and I did absolutely nothing after clicking ok, was surprised to see the saving data pop up in the lower right hand corner.

Anyone else notice that after 1.03 the game now automatically saves after you ok your log in bonus? I noticed it last night since I have never seen that happen before and I did absolutely nothing after clicking ok, was surprised to see the saving data pop up in the lower right hand corner.
I noticed that too, glad is back!

It was never broken to begin with . . .
Yes it was/is (I'm not sure if it's fixed yet) , people were complaining about how their cars in the stock yard were disappearing.

TO ALL WHO HAD ISSUES WITH 1.03
Does the damn thing freeze while it's downloading or installing??????

I had no problem downloading and installing the update, my system didn't crash either.

Last edited:

It's always done that . . .

It's always done that . . .
I'm pretty sure it hasn't because I missed a day of log in bonus because I didn't manually save after getting the bonus. Days that I don't get to play I purposely turn the game on and switch a car or manually save, but after 1.03 right after clicking ok the save game thing popped up and I was shocked because it has never done that to my knowledge and me losing a bonus because of it is my proof since I tend to leave the game sitting on after clicking ok after the bonus log in. Will need to check the forum since I do believe that the game never auto saved after getting log in bonuses. The game by default only auto saves after switching cars, changing anything on the car tuning, washing, tires, using the options and leaving but after a log in, I never seen it auto save after that. Even at times when I played into the next morning and coming back to the main screen the bonus pops up but it didn't save as I saw the bonus later on that day at 11pm when I logged back in.

I'm pretty sure it hasn't because I missed a day of log in bonus because I didn't manually save after getting the bonus. Days that I don't get to play I purposely turn the game on and switch a car or manually save, but after 1.03 right after clicking ok the save game thing popped up and I was shocked because it has never done that to my knowledge and me losing a bonus because of it is my proof since I tend to leave the game sitting on after clicking ok after the bonus log in. Will need to check the forum since I do believe that the game never auto saved after getting log in bonuses. The game by default only auto saves after switching cars, changing anything on the car tuning, washing, tires, using the options and leaving but after a log in, I never seen it auto save after that. Even at times when I played into the next morning and coming back to the main screen the bonus pops up but it didn't save as I saw the bonus later on that day at 11pm when I logged back in.

It always has shown it saying "Saving Data" but it has never worked straight after you get the login bonus.

It always has shown it saying "Saving Data" but it has never worked straight after you get the login bonus.
Must get more info, as I have missed a bonus before and seeing it save after clicking ok on the bonus like GT5 did is new to me for GT6 anyway.

No, and there was glitch on paint choices, only Red paint is giving right colored side mirrors, others have "wrong" colors on it. Red body and red Mirrors, others have like Black body and yellow mirrors or something like that.. :)

Yeah, I noticed that too.

I've noticed it saving after login bonus prior to 1.03. I'm fairly certain this "save" started when the login was initiated in 1.02?

Perhaps one of the GTpedia crew knows(looks @ Famine)?
<-------:gtpflag:

Autosaves are really annoying in GT6. Every time you do something in he tuning menu...autosave...every time you buy something...autosave...everytime you do anything...autosave. Pretty much defeats the idea of a quick UI because there are moments where autsosave kicks in and you're unable to do anything.
From what I read in FAMINE's post about fixing the login bonus issue, you still had to manually save for the bonus to count so this new autosave upon boot up, shouldn't fix the issue unless something else was fixed as well...So was it?

I've noticed it saving after login bonus prior to 1.03. I'm fairly certain this "save" started when the login was initiated in 1.02?

Perhaps one of the GTpedia crew knows(looks @ Famine)?
<-------:gtpflag:

So I'm not imagining things. That's good to know.

I've noticed that during tuning, pp and weight updates now while you are adjusting the slide-bar. This was very annoying before.

The Lamborghini Diablo GT2 now has adjustable wings. The aero was broken in 1.02.

I've also noticed tight elevating corners (Bathurst hairpins, Nurb carousels) are less prone to spinning out with the outside-rear tires becoming instantly 'red'. Its better, but not great.

Don't know if this is new or not as I haven't upgraded too many cars yet, but I haven't noticed it being mentioned and a search for "tuning sheet" returned squat. Changing between tuning sheets appears not to have any effect on your installed engine tuning. I bought a few parts so I could clear the Delta seasonal and noticed when I switched back to sheet A - which had been fully stock - that the PP was raised. I found that all the other parts I had bought reset to the stock parts except I still had stage 1 engine tuning. I turned that off and sure enough when I switched back to sheet B it stayed removed, and putting it back on re-installed it on sheet A.

I had no issues at all with the updates. I made sure to hit X as soon as the prompt appeared on screen. I have a fat PS3 connected with a LAN cable.

I've noticed that during tuning, pp and weight updates now while you are adjusting the slide-bar. This was very annoying before.

The Lamborghini Diablo GT2 now has adjustable wings. The aero was broken in 1.02.

I've also noticed tight elevating corners (Bathurst hairpins, Nurb carousels) are less prone to spinning out with the outside-rear tires becoming instantly 'red'. Its better, but not great.

what type of tires? I was running yesterday the int'l b american muscle race on brands hatch and eiger yesterday on sports hard... I finished 2nd at eiger because I always spun out of tight corners ( the tunnel too) in eiger, Bar the magnificent jumps i have done listed and posted on another topic about jumping cars.

what type of tires? I was running yesterday the int'l b american muscle race on brands hatch and eiger yesterday on sports hard... I finished 2nd at eiger because I always spun out of tight corners ( the tunnel too) in eiger, Bar the magnificent jumps i have done listed and posted on another topic about jumping cars.

RH and RM tires. I rarely use RS. I never had any issues with sports tires. I use a G27 wheel, use lower than 'normal' LSD and am very careful about feathering in the gas :) The LSD in this game suffers hard on tight corners especially when your car is lowered too far and the rear springs are too tight: although, this is my observation with my driving style only.

There is still the nonsence with Traction control on 5 even if it was thousand times set to 0 :-( Is it so tough job for PD programmers to remember the last time trial / race settings for all my cars and traction on grass / gravel in track settings to real? I have to set it everytime.

I actually like the fact that it goes back to TC 5 when you get in a different car which you have not yet set. I have been wanting this feature in all racing games for a long time. I hate it when there is just a global setting for this and other such stuff. I like to drive my high powered RWD cars with some TC and I like to turn it off on low powered RWD as well as FWD and AWD cars. The way it is now I can set TCS 0 on one car and 5 on another and it remembers this when I get in the car again.

Playing Forza sometimes I would drive even AWD with TC on because of the fact I may be getting into an X Class RWD in the next race and forget to turn the TCS back on and have it ruin my race. I think all features such as Auto Trans, TCS, ABS, ASM should be setable for each car.

That said it would also be nice to have a global default that you can set so that all cars go to this setting by default and then allow you to modify the settings for each car as you see fit.

Don't know if this is new or not as I haven't upgraded too many cars yet, but I haven't noticed it being mentioned and a search for "tuning sheet" returned squat. Changing between tuning sheets appears not to have any effect on your installed engine tuning. I bought a few parts so I could clear the Delta seasonal and noticed when I switched back to sheet A - which had been fully stock - that the PP was raised. I found that all the other parts I had bought reset to the stock parts except I still had stage 1 engine tuning. I turned that off and sure enough when I switched back to sheet B it stayed removed, and putting it back on re-installed it on sheet A.

This is not new - engine mods are common across the three tuning sheets. Weight mods are also persistent across the three sheets.

This is not new - engine mods are common across the three tuning sheets. Weight mods are also persistent across the three sheets.

Thank you. I wondered if it might be old but as I said I hadn't seen it anywhere and I don't read everything posted in the tuning forum(though I constantly say I want to read more of it).

Latest Posts

Back