Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are we observing? In my game none of those open top LMP's look any better, they still look quite ugly and out of place. I'm watching your photos and I can see one car that is the Caterham and another looks like the Rocket is that the Audi LMP at the top?

I'm pretty sure you can disable the hud display by clicking start then going to options to disable the HUD. You need it on the standards as their dials do not work. PD needs to give you option to turn off certain HUD elements on a per element basis.

M4 frozen black removed from dealer and color was never usable. Car drives different than previous m4 in game. Not as much lateral suspension travel. Also my GT6 was updated once with the 1.05....then two separate times after. One was listed as hot fix. Other has not been listed but removed frozen black from dealer. If you purchased it prior it's still in the garage and driveable, but if not it's gone.

The car probably wasn't complete in my opinion because the suspension physics were off. Leads me to believe they have plenty in store for this game but are releasing content to their standard and liking.

Photomode does have several improvements...

Borders now accurate (previously listed)
Flares seem to have changed (slightly softer transistion)
Square sun seems a little softer at the edges and certain exposures make the sun round (halo still square)
Exposure accurate in preview
Camera settings stay when going to new/different location/track
Low f/ bokeh looks MUCH better (Confirmed NOT fixed)
Panning motion blur seems to have multiple frames now instead of just random dithering :odd:

Can someone else confirm my findings?

Last edited:
Is it me or did the C12 Pagani get updated?

8XqOICu.png
Yes, it definitely did! The Zonda LM also received the same. The Zonda LM had that "sealed panels" look before.

The new patch just gave me an odd bug, my photo I took seemed to have been streched and random textures appeared above and below the photo, I'll post the image a bit later.

Fixed the split time bug when in practice mode online. However now you can only see your best time in the top right hand corner and not that of the entire lobby however the split times are still against the best lap in the room. Also your times get erased completely each time you exit the track and the split times will change to being set against the best lap from those still on the track.

Well this is going to cause mass confusion during online practice. I wonder if this was intentional or something just got broken? I can't see any logic to changing it, this was one of the few things that always "worked" in online rooms. Now it's going to be difficult to judge your pace against others since the goalposts will be moving every time the fast guy leaves the track. 👎

Not always, but its not new with 1.05

Sorry but It was already in 1.04 and I think 1.03 too.

No it is new. This is the quote from the news section of the GT website.

Other Improvements/Adjustments
- An icon that shows the login bonus stage (1-5 days in succession) has been added to the top of the [My Home] screen and the prize receiving dialog.

Link here at the bottom.

Not major, but when you change to another car, when the engine sound plays, all other sounds are lowered until the engine sound finishes.

Not major, but when you change to another car, when the engine sound plays, all other sounds are lowered until the engine sound finishes.
You mean in your garage offline? Or online? Or both?

NOTE: I think I have everything up until this point. If anyone finds I missed anything just let me know. If anyone see anything in the OP they think is incorrect let me know that too.

No it is new. This is the quote from the news section of the GT website.
The actual login bonus has been there since at least 1.04, the little number (1-5) which has been added to the login bonus is new since 1.05.

You mean in your garage offline? Or online? Or both?

NOTE: I think I have everything up until this point. If anyone finds I missed anything just let me know. If anyone see anything in the OP they think is incorrect let me know that too.

It doesn't matter Online, Offline, whether you selected the car from the Start menu or Garage. When the engine sound plays, all other sounds are lowered. Possibly expect for Mics, but you'll have to try that yourself if it honestly matters.

I'm pretty sure that when you change your oil, you can skip the cut scene which follows. It speeds up the process.

Last edited:
Conformation/second opinions would be appreciated if possible, thanks.

2. Also, and maybe it’s me but the A.I. seems a bit faster in the S-Class Challenges. I say this because my typical race at say Apricot Hill was 14 laps and I waited off to the left side for the remaining 40-45 seconds (with a 1+ minute gap). Well this morning I had to run 1 more lap (making it 15) and their gap was about 15-20 seconds. It was the same 3 cars up front.... BMW McLaren F1 Race Car ’97, SRT Viper GTS-R, and Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car. I forgot to check their lap times in Replay/Live Timing (my bad) but it was defiantly different to me. The same for the Nurburgring 24 minutes, the gap was closer. Suzuka and Brands Hatch seemed unchanged but hard to tell because their pit strategy is just silly. I’ll give Spa and 24 minutes of Le Mans a go next time.

After racing 51 650PP cars and 33 750PP cars (gotta make them credits) in the S-Class event and select International A races, it’s embedded in my mind what to expect in those races (their times and stops). Granted they are still slow, but possibly improving.

This could be true. Yesterday I did the 550pp gt race series, today drove like 4s per lap faster and the AI gap was the same.

I don't have the same impression. Tried it three times this afternoon with the Pescarolo's (to see if they got premium interiors - the did not), but AI did not seem faster to me. At the end of the 24' the were 2 to 3' behind, and each time I did the second lap rather in economy style...
Ok. To clear things up (I'm sure I'm quite different)....

1. The Pescarolo's are naturally over 650PP (I checked my sheets, yes, yes I'm a nerd) so I didn't run those at the Nurburgring 24 minutes. I have run so far all of the Premium/(Some Standard) GT300/500's, GT2/GT3's, McLaren Race Cars (Base Model and sponsored), Ford, Chevy Dodge/SRT race cars and so on. If it makes 550-650PP it goes to the track. Same idea for 750 Spa and 24 minutes of Le Mans, 700-750 LM/LMP, Group C, Deltawings, (pitless at Spa:nervous:) and so on.

2. When I race at the Nurburgring 24, I start with Racing: Mediums (knowing I'm only going one lap) then on lap 2 pit for no fuel and Inters or Full Wets, then lap three stop for Mediums and enough fuel to make it one more lap. Basically what was used on lap one is what I make sure is in the tank as I exit the pit on my last stop (had a few "fumes in the tank" finishes).

NOW, before anyone says anything about the rain tires being a bad choice, I have read here that it's best to stay on the Racing Tire. I stop for two reasons...
A. Because from the start I thought the S-Class Challenges were set to REAL grip (stupid me and thinking it was SIMULATING real life). Thanks to GTPlanet I now know this isn't the case but like to play make believe.:lol:
B. Because in real life you would stop for rain tires at those high rain percentages so.... I try to be as real as possible, knowing it will hurt my time but helps gaining my skills.

3. You're probably a much better driver than I am so you'll put a much larger gap.

^This^ is probably why I'm getting a much different feeling than you are. I'm guessing you don't stop or used Wet tires also. I could be wrong. Thanks for you input, it's much appreciated.

This could be true. Yesterday I did the 550pp gt race series, today drove like 4s per lap faster and the AI gap was the same.

Thanks for the input.👍 Could be a small step in the right direction when it comes to the A.I.

Right, admittedly this isn't a change as such but I have never had this happen before 1.05...

I was taking pictures at Ascari when suddenly this:
Ascari Full Track_1.jpg

after saving and reshooting the image without changing a single thing I got the actual photo:
Ascari Full Track.jpg

Definitely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back