Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are new upgraded Standard cars with 1.05
Several have been in very early versions of the game / at release.

Uh, what exactly did they update about it? Looks identical to the original one, still in standard format....

This sounds dumb... They updated the rear end texture.

The Supra's of course, have NOT been touched.

The Peugeot 905 has more polygons.

Last edited by a moderator:
So to clarify, have any standard cars been upgraded?

Magic%20Ball

(Still up for debate from the looks of it.)

To clarify the upgrade on standard cars: It's just to some (like Paganis) and just by exterior, no change from "Standard" to "Premium" type .
Anyway, I think they are upgrading (just in this way, not raising to premium) some cars every patch, as I'm sure that even the Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (C5) '00 didn't have this quality on the livery the first time I saw her in 1.01 or 1.02, I'm sure it was worst...

A HUGE problem appeared, causing mega problems to our leagues when races with weather...

Seems that the "possibility of change wheather" (the one with 0-60 values) now effects the humidity of the track instead of changes of the wheather...
With 80% humidity at start and 0% wheather and possibility of change at 50, the track surface reaches from 80% to 0% in about... 10 seconds... :crazy:

I don't think there are new upgraded Standard cars with 1.05
Several have been in very early versions of the game / at release.

One that is not on your list (the one I received as a gift on my birthday) was upgraded for sure.

Quoting myself:

I can confirm that some standards were heavily upgraded. (well not that heavily)

For my birthday (not so long ago, February 25th) I received an awful looking (because the textures were horrible with all the edges all over the place as well) Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000RS Turbo C (R30) 84´ and now it looks really shiny. It has more details than before. (mirrors also look good and lights)

Won´t make a picture but yes it was clearly upgraded. 👍

Checked your list and this car is not there...and I remember correctly how that car looked before this update since we had no update at that time. ;)

Last edited:
Guys, I did not mean starndard upgraded to premium, I meant that some of the assets where edited. There a standard cars with higher res textures than 1.04 (Dodge Super Bee).

Guys, I did not mean starndard upgraded to premium, I meant that some of the assets where edited. There a standard cars with higher res textures than 1.04 (Dodge Super Bee).

Still looks completely awful to me, if that's an upgrade then that's worrying.

@Foxiol, I think you're right about the R30 Skyline though, it certainly looks a bit tidier.

Offroad is back.

oh baby :bowdown::D:tup:👍👍

Still enables TCS off-track.

nooooo :(

Oh man I think I need to avoid these update threads :lol: or just avoid them until everyone has figured out and documented with certainty what changes have or haven't been made. Some of the changes seem pretty decent, think I'll boot GT6 up tonight and give her a spin!

The Nissan Primera '01 also looks a lot tidier.

If anyone's interested.

:lol:

EDIT: As does the Silvia 240RS (Square arches), and it's rally car counterpart, although that might have been upgraded in a previous patch, I'm not sure.

Can someone confirm or expand on what has happened to driving offroad after the patch? Some posts seem to say it's better, some say TC is still on.

Checked your list and this car is not there...and I remember correctly how that car looked before this update since we had no update at that time. ;)
Try remembering better. It looks exactly the same as it used to.
That car was already good-looking before the patch, and actually it was one of the best looking Standard cars in GT4.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/atta...-international-raceway-big-willow-jpg.110256/

The Nissan Primera '01 also looks a lot tidier.

If anyone's interested.
It was already updated before this patch.

EDIT: As does the Silvia 240RS (Square arches), and it's rally car counterpart, although that might have been upgraded in a previous patch, I'm not sure.
Same.

i find.... odd.... that some people care so much about offroad driving. But meh.
For me the best update feature so far is that category+performance limit can be selected at the same time in the online mode.
I have a theory about that: I'm sure in the past a guy with a Supra swiped Kaz's girlfriend. There's no other explanation...:odd:
I also find odd that some people like the Supra so much. For me its not a good car. Bad handling. I also think its ugly.

The Corvette C5-R as a different user spotted might have actually been updated. It seems to be featuring more 3d detail, properly modeled wheel arches than it used to, although it still has old textures and no panel gaps. I can't tell if it's 1.05 which brought this change however.

I have a theory about that: I'm sure in the past a guy with a Supra swiped Kaz's girlfriend. There's no other explanation...:odd:

I believe that maybe PD already made a premium Supra for a future DLC :) That's why they're not touching it

Can someone confirm or expand on what has happened to driving offroad after the patch? Some posts seem to say it's better, some say TC is still on.

You can rally off-road again at Willow Springs :bowdown: but the gravel traps are still quicksand :indiff:.

EDIT- Forgot to mention that Arcade Races no longer put mileage on you cars.

Sometime after 1.04 they made it so you can't go more than 22-23 mph offroad. They have since taken that away but the TCS still comes on when you leave the track. It's just like it was when the game launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back