Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone tell me how I ran a 1:34.6 on Laguna Seca in the M4 frozen black...? Completely stock sport hard... Can't change anything on the car but the tires anyways. Production car lap record is held by a 3200lb 600hp SRT Ta.... But yet a 430 something hp probably around 3800lb car comes that close... Like I said In my earlier post there was a reason they took the car away, the physics are off.

Just for reference even more, a gt-r black runs a 1:36, sls amg black runs a 1:35, 458 and lfa both run 1:36. A near 700hp aventador only runs 1:35 on this track. Humm.... Come on gt. Now I'm gonna run the normal m4 in the dealer to see what it runs.

I also put ss on the m4 and ran a 1:31.3. The SRT ta I believe rant that with racing slicks.

Third ninja update out? Probably big one, because downloading took longer than usually, and 30s before the end it said error occurred!

edit: no, it's not a big one, I tried to download it again and it downloaded in few seconds

Someone tell me how I ran a 1:34.6 on Laguna Seca in the M4 frozen black...? Completely stock sport hard... Can't change anything on the car but the tires anyways. Production car lap record is held by a 3200lb 600hp SRT Ta.... But yet a 430 something hp probably around 3800lb car comes that close... Like I said In my earlier post there was a reason they took the car away, the physics are off.

Just for reference even more, a gt-r black runs a 1:36, sls amg black runs a 1:35, 458 and lfa both run 1:36. A near 700hp aventador only runs 1:35 on this track. Humm.... Come on gt. Now I'm gonna run the normal m4 in the dealer to see what it runs.

I also put ss on the m4 and ran a 1:31.3. The SRT ta I believe rant that with racing slicks.

Are you trying to me make me sorry I scoffed it as just another M4 with fancy colour and therefore not worth buying? :irked:

Those times are real world times just for people who are trying to see where I'm coming from. Gt use to advertise that there physics are so accurAte that the virtual counterparts perform the same and run near if not identical lap times. For the most part that's true from what I've experienced in the series. Maybe a sec or two off here and there but mostly accurate. A real stock 2015 m4 might run a 1:39 seeing the e92 was in the 1:40-1:42 ballpark on Laguna seca.

Are you trying to me make me sorry I scoffed it as just another M4 with fancy colour and therefore not worth buying? :irked:

No lol... For the game it's amazing that an m4 can run that well. Just really off what the m4 will be capable of doing in the real world. I just don't like the fact that it's not accurate that's it, so maybe that's why they took it out. The car sounds amazing though. I believe everyone can say that gt has did the sound justice for the m4 since it was first released in the game back in dec. I'd give the sound accuracy an 8 1/2 out of 10. I have a pretty good sound system too though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ran a 1:33.92 in the normal m4 straight from the dealer to the track. Abs 2, skid recovery on and everything else off. Thats a couple tenths off the record with a car that's not even near the same performance. I could see a video game m4 doing a 1:36 on Laguna seca you know...closer to the 458's and audi r8 v10's of the world, even though it's not in their performance category by a long shot either, but that would be more feasible. Hope gt fixes that and others in the game. It's just that I'm a 3series owner (09 335i) and not digging the, how do u say, inaccuracy. That's why I started playing video games.

Just ran a 1:33.92 in the normal m4 straight from the dealer to the track. Abs 2, skid recovery on and everything else off. Thats a couple tenths off the record with a car that's not even near the same performance. I could see a video game m4 doing a 1:36 on Laguna seca you know...closer to the 458's and audi r8 v10's of the world, even though it's not in their performance category by a long shot either, but that would be more feasible. Hope gt fixes that and others in the game. It's just that I'm a 3series owner (09 335i) and not digging the, how do u say, inaccuracy. That's why I started playing video games.
Turn off skid recovery force, and use the default Sports Hard tires, then tell me your lap time.

Comfort Soft is the way to solve those "optimistic laptime" thing... since GT4.

If so I didn't know that. I assumed out of the box specs were the most accurate on what the vehicles capable of real world. My 335 tires aren't considered comfort soft in the real world. There closer to GT's hard level sport. So I would classify an m3 or m4's stock tires as one up as medium sport. And the likings of like a current corvette zo6 with a zo7 package with those Michelin pilot sport cup 2's as the sport soft which are as close to racing slicks a street tire can get.

Turn off skid recovery force, and use the default Sports Hard tires, then tell me your lap time.

Ok. I'll do that and see.

If so I didn't know that. I assumed out of the box specs were the most accurate on what the vehicles capable of real world. My 335 tires aren't considered comfort soft in the real world. There closer to GT's hard level sport. So I would classify an m3 or m4's stock tires as one up as medium sport. And the likings of like a current corvette zo6 with a zo7 package with those Michelin pilot sport cup 2's as the sport soft which are as close to racing slicks a street tire can get.
My '07 328is tires are Comfort Mediums

edit: and in real life you are afraid of crashing. :P

Those times are real world times just for people who are trying to see where I'm coming from. Gt use to advertise that there physics are so accurAte that the virtual counterparts perform the same and run near if not identical lap times. For the most part that's true from what I've experienced in the series. Maybe a sec or two off here and there but mostly accurate. A real stock 2015 m4 might run a 1:39 seeing the e92 was in the 1:40-1:42 ballpark on Laguna seca.

Did you run the Laguna with a normal M4 and then the Frozen model?

Why do you ask him?
When I first read his post it seemed that the frozen m4 was somehow glitched physics wise to get such a good time.
Now it seems that it's simply his assumption that GT=realism that brought on his post.

Stock m4 from dealer 1:36.43 all aids off with sport hard... That's gt-r black, v10 r8, lfa and 458 territory. I'll take a gt-r and see what it does just to have a baseline and see if the gt-r is one sec up or down to its actual real world time.

Stock m4 from dealer 1:36.43 all aids off with sport hard... That's gt-r black, v10 r8, lfa and 458 territory. I'll take a gt-r and see what it does just to have a baseline and see if the gt-r is one sec up or down to its actual real world time.
That's irrelevant.
You would have to handicap the car in order to match real world times.
If GT6 physics were 100% accurate, you would still be faster than real world times.

Did you run the Laguna with a normal M4 and then the Frozen model?

Yeah but after I ran the frozen. The frozen was on topic for the thread but I went over the top with all my talking points for this thread. But the frozen being so off made me test the regular m4 in the game just to see if what I was feeling about the physics was just me or if it was the car. Turns out that the black was made to be like that so it just threw me off. It's way faster than it should be and so is the normal color m4 from the dealer.

I could just be off, but hasn't gt shown examples of their video game cars running their counter part real world times on tracks? Laguna seca is just a track I'm good on so that's why i choose it to do baseline runs. I would believe handicapping a car in game would be just as we do in the real world... All electronic nannies off.

I could just be off, but hasn't gt shown examples of their video game cars running their counter part real world times on tracks? Laguna seca is just a track I'm good on so that's why i choose it to do baseline runs. I would believe handicapping a car in game would be just as we do in the real world... All electronic nannies off.
If you're a mediocre or even worse than that GT6 driver, you could run times similar to real life times achieved by the best of the best.
By handicapping I meant using the worst tires, using ballast, using your feet to instead of hands.

If you're a mediocre or even worse than that GT6 driver, you could run times similar to real life times achieved by the best of the best.
By handicapping I meant using the worst tires, using ballast, using your feet to instead of hands.

Oh ok I got what u mean. My conceptions have been tested by the game and I'm just coming to the realization. What I've expected has come frame the gt3 and 4 days. Accuracy out of the box from a dealer should be the baseline and mimic reality. That's apart of the gt formula since the beginning that's why I even picked up playing games. Not doing things to change the car and get it to run like its real world counter part if you get where I'm coming from.

My comments started off with the physics being off for the m4 ( both m4's) which was on topic and turned into this... but to a point extremely valid convo and not irrelevant in my opinion. Engineering calculations and specs have done the m4 exaggerated justice.

Drop down the tire grade one or two level, if it came with SH stock, try comfort medium then soft, usually one of the comfort tire will make the car closer to real life lap time. PD tradition to give grippy stock tires, much grippier than the real life counterpart to make it easier for casual players. Sometimes adding driver weight also helps.

Almost forgot, power figure. Don't do oil change if the the HP figure already very close to real car spec. If the car has oil change, it will have higher power rating, and will need limiter, but this will still be inaccurate as the torque increase usually stays.

Last edited:
Has weather been changed? Last night running on silverstone there were a few spots of rain on and off, but never got over 0% and never hung around that long. Then all of a sudden a dowpour came, jumped straight to 10% and quickly rose to 20% before dropping back to 0%. About 10minutes later another downpour and this time it started from 1% and quickly rose over the course of half a lap to 100%. Devastating for my gt3 car on racing hards.

I can't decide whether it is a glitch or they are simulating sudden cloud bursts. It was amazing to be in the middle of, but if it's just going to be erratic constantly then it will become very annoying. Hadn't had this sort of weather before 1.05 but have only had limited weather running. I have a video I can upload later if anyone is interested.

Ill
Drop down the tire grade one or two level, if it came with SH stock, try comfort medium then soft, usually one of the comfort tire will make the car closer to real life lap time. PD tradition to give grippy stock tires, much grippier than the real life counterpart to make it easier for casual players. Sometimes adding driver weight also helps.

Almost forgot, power figure. Don't do oil change if the the HP figure already very close to real car spec. If the car has oil change, it will have higher power rating, and will need limiter, but this will still be inaccurate as the torque increase usually stays.

I'll def try. See where the happy medium is for all cars individually.

Stupid question but...does the M4 Frozen Black sound any different to the normal one?

Not a stupid question, but no it doesn't. They both sound pretty good and to my ears the exact same.

Almost forgot, power figure. Don't do oil change if the the HP figure already very close to real car spec. If the car has oil change, it will have higher power rating, and will need limiter, but this will still be inaccurate as the torque increase usually stays.[/quote

That might be the formula. Took a stock 2012 gt-r black with Cs and 81kg (180lbs or so) added to the car. I couldn't get under 1:37. Out of 13 laps 1:37.104.
I believe the GT-R's run mid 1:36 on Laguna seca. So your formula is right for that car. Now I can test some other and find the happy medium. Can't really get an idea of what would work best for the M4 since it's not in production yet. Thanks for the advice.

@Matt Boyd - Please stop double posting. If no-one has posted since your last post, use the edit button. Thank you 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back