Update 1.07 Undocumented Changes Thread - Sneak Peak at GTA Final Round in OP!!!

Has anyone posted about offline AI? I just did a Blancpain 42 lap of Brands Hatch. By the time I passed the slower AI into second, it was Lap 9. The lead car was the Playstation GT3 R8. It also held the Best Lap of 1:27.586 until Lap 12. My best of 1:26.873 came on that same lap. For the next 7 Laps(12-18) the AI held the gap at 9.2seconds!!! Only when it hit backmarkers, I started to catch up dropping the gap to 2.365 seconds on Lap 27!

I made the clean pass for the lead on Lap 28. From here to the chequered flag, the AI did not drop back more than 1.2 seconds. The closest was 0.4 when it got into my slipstream down the back straight. My best lap came on Lap 28 1:26.384 (for reference, the fastest lap during the real Blancpain Sprint race was a 1:25). My car was a bone stock R35 GT3 Base model on RH with no tweaks to anything.. I use a DS3 and I believe I'm an average driver. though, I did make two mistakes. One almost lost me the race on the second to last corner. :boggled:
e1EzziC.jpg

i saved the replay. If i knew how to YouTube it, I would. This was the best race I ever ran with AI. I had to push and brake and be smooth at all times. Excellent PD. I hope this is a sign.

Has anyone posted about offline AI? I just did a Blancpain 42 lap of Brands Hatch. By the time I passed the slower AI into second, it was Lap 9. The lead car was the Playstation GT3 R8. It also held the Best Lap of 1:27.586 until Lap 12. My best of 1:26.873 came on that same lap. For the next 7 Laps(12-18) the AI held the gap at 9.2seconds!!! Only when it hit backmarkers, I started to catch up dropping the gap to 2.365 seconds on Lap 27!

I made the clean pass for the lead on Lap 28. From here to the chequered flag, the AI did not drop back more than 1.2 seconds. The closest was 0.4 when it got into my slipstream down the back straight. My best lap came on Lap 28 1:26.384 (for reference, the fastest lap during the real Blancpain Sprint race was a 1:25). My car was a bone stock R35 GT3 Base model on RH with no tweaks to anything.. I use a DS3 and I believe I'm an average driver. though, I did make two mistakes. One almost lost me the race on the second to last corner. :boggled:
e1EzziC.jpg

i saved the replay. If i knew how to YouTube it, I would. This was the best race I ever ran with AI. I had to push and brake and be smooth at all times. Excellent PD. I hope this is a sign.

So, what specifically has changed in 1.07? Less rubber banding, ...,...?

So, what specifically has changed in 1.07? Less rubber banding, ...,...?

Maybe no rubber banding at all, so far. That gap was rock steady for 2nd and 3rd placed R8s. I maximised my momentum and it stayed with me til the end. This my only long race since the update. I'll try some more tracks later.

they *might* have different AI speed depending on the PP of the car you enter, this would explain why the cappuccino fan dominates races where the AI is extremely slow and the others posting feedback with car similar specced to the ones in the race seem to have fights with decent competition?

they *might* have different AI speed depending on the PP of the car you enter, this would explain why the cappuccino fan dominates races where the AI is extremely slow and the others posting feedback with car similar specced to the ones in the race seem to have fights with decent competition?

It's hard to track what's happening but sometimes the AI can be fast, now and sometimes it's slow as ever.

Weird.

It was already written that Garaiya Base model rims can be painted now.

So can the Elise 111R Race Car's. :D
The Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70 on the other hand still has the bug (when painting stock wheels).

And the Amuse S2000 GT1 '04's turbos have been fixed to add power instead of removing it (used to lower pp & torque too).

Not sure if 1.07 change , but: HSV-010 GT 15th Anniv '11 Turbo mess has been fixed , mid range and high rpm range turbos available in tuning shop & settings menu now. (used to have low rpm turbo in settings for sale)

It was already written that Garaiya Base model rims can be painted now.

So can the Elise 111R Race Car's. :D
The Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70 on the other hand still has the bug (when painting stock wheels).

And the Amuse S2000 GT1 '04's turbos have been fixed to add power instead of removing it (used to lower pp & torque too).

Not sure if 1.07 change , but: HSV-010 GT 15th Anniv '11 Turbo mess has been fixed , mid range and high rpm range turbos available in tuning shop & settings menu now. (used to have low rpm turbo in settings for sale)

Good news!

It has been documented that during pit access you can no longer look behind,
but, have we previously been able to look left and right?? :nervous: (Using the left/right direction buttons.)
Yes, looking left and right was enabled before.
I think I know why the rear view (standing in the pits) is disabled. Did my usual Nürburg 24 races today and noticed that - though the pitcrews of AI were standing ready when I cruised by - they were gone afterwards. In the left mirror I could see the Viper, but there was no sign of the pitcrew!
Maybe a solution for the short screen freeze while you are back on track and AI are pitting ?

I believe I'm up to date but if anyone knows anything missed so far let me know.

If you do a pit stop in online mode and do not change tire compound (Only adding gas) and have tires that are pretty much brand new, then the pit will only make you take gas, making the pit stop faster.

I'm still testing this.
Not sure I understand this one, but have you done any more testing?

I think they fixed the bug when adding external parts to car, with some cars some parts have stayed visible in preview, even though we cancelled the parts. Now everything seems to be fine.
Can anyone else confirm this is unique to this update?

Bug- In the Ferrari F430, the screen on the tach (shows current gear) went black.
Can anyone confirm this is a new bug?
Should report it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-glitches-and-errors-thread-read-first-post.291414/

Hi there,

Has something changed with the mileage of cars? I could have sworn if you used a car in Arcade Mode, that mileage did not count in the Stats page. I took a '64 GTO out for a test run today and mileage has accumulated even though it was only driven in an Arcade TT.

Cheers

Hi there,

Has something changed with the mileage of cars? I could have sworn if you used a car in Arcade Mode, that mileage did not count in the Stats page. I took a '64 GTO out for a test run today and mileage has accumulated even though it was only driven in an Arcade TT.

Cheers
If you make changes to a vehicle while in Arcade TT the mileage counts. However if you take the time to go to the garage and make the changes there, the mileage doesn't change.

If you make changes to a vehicle while in Arcade TT the mileage counts. However if you take the time to go to the garage and make the changes there, the mileage doesn't change.

Good to know... I'll remember that from now on. Thanks!

Cheers

Every time I use a car in Arcade, the mileage increments. Typically, I am not making any changes. I just enter Arcade mode, and use the currently occupied car with no changes.

Hmm, are you doing races or time trials? I have been doing Arcade Time Trial since 1.07 and the main car I've used has 0 recorded mileage. Anyone else having Arcade mileage issues?

Hmm, are you doing races or time trials? I have been doing Arcade Time Trial since 1.07 and the main car I've used has 0 recorded mileage. Anyone else having Arcade mileage issues?

Both races and time trials. But are we talking about miles in the stats page (such as in my avatar), or miles accrued by cars? I was assuming the former.

Oh, I see the confusion, I assumed the latter. Honestly I never paid to much attention to my stats page so I can't say much about arcade adding to that number.

If it helps, I was also referring to the latter (mileage on the car). Sorry if I added to any confusion by not stating that more clearly, but I do appreciate the help!

Cheers

If you do a pit stop in online mode and do not change tire compound (Only adding gas) and have tires that are pretty much brand new, then the pit will only make you take gas, making the pit stop faster.

I'm still testing this.
How do you do to not change the tires ?
do they have to be on 10 wear level all ?
is there an option to not change it ?

I think I had it once. and I don't remember how it tasted. I'm going off what the rest of then world said.

Lol, well I was living in Canada at the time, maybe it was just made with a little more competence there.

Please forgive me if this a total slowpoke on my behalf here...maybe as far back as GT5 infact :lol:

But... i have literally only JUST discovered that when in car view you hold left or right you look out the side windows, as per usual. but for some reason my "Look Back" is mapped to my L1 button on my DS3. Why - i have no idea but, i digress...

(Cam: driver's eye view, not internal 1 or 2 ) In replay mode, whilst holding left or right, i then hold L1 to look back, i can look out the rear sides from inside my car, instead of just straight out through the rear window ! Can't believe i only just realised this now :lol: Or is this new ? Hope it's new, so i don't look quite the fool !:dunce:

Important note: Needs to be the auto replay, straight after a race, because pressing left or right in the menu replay, of course brings up the on screen menu.

So I was watching an online race last night in the room and noticed that now using just the d-pad on the DS3, you can cycle between cars without selecting the button. Unsure if this also applies to replays, but just found that interesting.

Please forgive me if this a total slowpoke on my behalf here...maybe as far back as GT5 infact :lol:

But... i have literally only JUST discovered that when in car view you hold left or right you look out the side windows, as per usual. but for some reason my "Look Back" is mapped to my L1 button on my DS3. Why - i have no idea but, i digress...

(Cam: driver's eye view, not internal 1 or 2 ) In replay mode, whilst holding left or right, i then hold L1 to look back, i can look out the rear sides from inside my car, instead of just straight out through the rear window ! Can't believe i only just realised this now :lol: Or is this new ? Hope it's new, so i don't look quite the fool !:dunce:

Important note: Needs to be the auto replay, straight after a race, because pressing left or right in the menu replay, of course brings up the on screen menu.
Look at the window, left-right, since GT5 prologue...if i understand you...

Not sure if this has been noticed or was even added in the last patch, but you now get the negative split time every split now when leading a race online instead of only at the start/finish line. I remember I used to have to wait until I crossed the start/finish to see how far I was in front of 2nd place, now I get the negative split time 3 times a lap.

Not sure if this was added in 1.07 but I'm pretty sure it used to only be once a lap for the negative split as leader.

Last edited:
Re-checked today during Nürburg 24' races:
When you drive into the pits, you drive by several crews waiting to get in action.
As soon as you stop (pit #1 as always) and look in your mirrors left & right, there is no trace of the other crews. They magically dissappear.
You can still see cars stopping and being crancked up and down, but there is no one (visibly) working.
Before 1.07 (when we could still look behind) you could see all the crews working on the cars (wheels and fuel)

So I was watching an online race last night in the room and noticed that now using just the d-pad on the DS3, you can cycle between cars without selecting the button. Unsure if this also applies to replays, but just found that interesting.

I can now confirm that this also applies to offline replays as well.

Re-checked today during Nürburg 24' races:
When you drive into the pits, you drive by several crews waiting to get in action.
As soon as you stop (pit #1 as always) and look in your mirrors left & right, there is no trace of the other crews. They magically dissappear.
You can still see cars stopping and being crancked up and down, but there is no one (visibly) working.
Before 1.07 (when we could still look behind) you could see all the crews working on the cars (wheels and fuel)

I would guess this is for the same reason we don't see smoke/dirt in the mirrors, due to memory constraints. With things like pit crews in the mirror and good smoke/dirt effects we had poor frame rate, so they gave us crappy smoke/dirt which improved the frame rate but the smoke/dirt effects were miserable. Now we have good smoke/dirt again so they had to find something else to sacrifice.....the pit crews in the mirrors.

Back