Update 1.11

• Thread starter Jimmy_Pop
  • 351 comments
One shouldn't be arguing against a moderator. Either you listen to them and obey the AUP or get banned, simple as that.

Back on topic. This update is weak, I really hope this isn't it for this month... What was PD doing all those 3 years, mapping stars? Man, just want my Course Maker! :mad:
Well, I can't complain too much, because it was probably impossible to make it a hotfix.

I think there are few more sausages on grills around Nordschleife. :sly:

There is one concerning thing - PD creating work for themselves by introducing new bugs and breaking the code to later fix it.

That takes time and time is...well... :D

I'll be curious to see if those having persistent issues with the 1.10 install suddenly find they can update successfully.
No evidence to suggest they will, just a curiosity on my part.

1.11 is good for those with the multi-monitor problem.
I will be interested to see how the 'fix' for the lobby search list has worked.

Perhaps 30MB is beyond the maximum size to allow for a hotfix.
Otherwise it's difficult to think of a reason why they've assigned an update patch number to this.

They didn't said what year?
When it was announced it was announced before Febuary 2014 so it should have come during that month.nThe only time PD gives an exact date is for a games release day just in case you're wondering why updates never get those.

Unless there was a little more hidden stuff?
Seems like most of the hidden stuff was in 1.10 There's very little you could hide in 30MB so ,and I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I highly doubt that there's anything else present.

Clutching at straws a bit here, but I've just been checking out other 'Hotfix' notifications.

Basically they all begin with "An issue where ..." suggesting a 'fix' of a known problem.
(Not all it must be said, but the majority do)
So clearly the multi-monitor fix falls into this category.
But, "The search algorithm used to find available rooms has been improved, and as a consequence now more rooms are displayed at the same time."
Perhaps this improvement takes it out of the realm of a 'hotfix' so technically, under the guidelines they work in, it a new version number was assigned instead.

Can anyone tell me if this update follows the regular process?
By that I mean the black screen download and install of the update, followed by the second in-game install.
Cheers. :cheers:

Can anyone tell me if this update follows the regular process?
By that I mean the black screen download and install of the update, followed by the second in-game install.
Cheers. :cheers:

Indeed it does, in fact you can install it from the XMB it will do the usual download and install then once you load up the game it will do that unpack thing that will say all sorts of odd ball times then come back with less than a minute and a half. The usual stuff.

Before the update i could only see 10 or less rooms available, after the update i can see +30.

I don't get why people complain about an update...

This is the Internet, where if something isn't exactly 100% as someone hoped it would be they must then complain to strangers about it. :lol: It's not like this is the last update we're ever going to get, I for one think it's an improvement that they're not only acknowledging problems/mistakes but they are quickly addressing them. I was getting a bit tired of the convoluted steps required to make multi-monitor work after the previous update, so I'm one that is very happy with this update/hotfix/patch/repair/whatever. 👍

Hopes that rise too easy get dropped too often. I use a little intelligence to guide my hopes and expectations, no "OMG an update" to "boo not the bonus free content I wanted" or "boo it doesn't have more bonus stuff I want, its just fixing stuff other might appreciate but I don't care about them, I just want more stuff for me."

Take it Easy and its all good.

Last edited:
This thread. :lol:

Do you people complain this much every time MS Windows gets an update?

Actually yes I do! :sly: Those damn prompts that force the system to reboot within 15 minutes or offer for you to delay the reboot for 4 hours maximum are a royal nuissance! They often seem to pop up when you're halfway through a lengthy project rather than when the system has been sitting there idle for 6 hours.

Actually yes I do! :sly: Those damn prompts that force the system to reboot within 15 minutes or offer for you to delay the reboot for 4 hours maximum are a royal nuissance! They often seem to pop up when you're halfway through a lengthy project rather than when the system has been sitting there idle for 6 hours.

The Updates are out to get you lol run and hide, its not like you have a hand full of ways to customize how updates to Windows are or are not ;) installed, its not like you have a choice to update or not, its not like we can just postpone for another 4hours...

Reading some threads it would seem the more added content that comes just causes more complaining out of a certain type of character, because its never exactly what they want, & if they don't get what they want the PD bashing begins.

Last edited:
Good grief, I was jokking about it is hard being Kaz satisfying people's expectations and said out loud what Kaz might be thinking in a funny way. In before that, i also suggest people to stay on the topic of documenting the changes in game that is not stated officially on PD website.

The message was not about me cursing at anyone and I received a warning :). Alright, cool, no problem lol. No joke with bad words on this site from now on. Thanks admin!

The Updates are out to get you lol run and hide, its not like you have a hand full of ways to customize how updates to Windows are or are not ;) installed, its not like you have a choice to update or not, its not like we can just postpone for another 4hours...
Last time I checked I can update when and what I want, when I want to...
Its called not setting everything up, so the computer does it for you...

I'm wondering if PD will ever do the right thing and release an update that will make all options available in all game modes. Having options such as standing starts, mechanical damage, and tire wear available only online is incredibly stupid game design.

Last time I checked I can update when and what I want, when I want to...
Its called not setting everything up, so the computer does it for you...
Exactly ;) nothing to gripe about, hense the HIGH level of Sarcasm in my post.

Last edited:
Back