Update 1.11

• Thread starter Jimmy_Pop
  • 351 comments
That I disagree with, you can attack me all you like, no sweat off my back.
It was not an attack it was a correction. How you chose to take it is up to you.

As yours.

Yikes, have you no diplomacy, any tact? Your supposed to set an example of how to behave, not how NOT to.
I don't think others need you to reply for them, and your input into a moderation discussion is not needed or required.

I as a member will ask you scaff if you want to talk anymore about this with me hit me up in PM or not at all, this is off topic and I'm not interested in falling in your trap.

I as a member will ask you scaff if you want to talk anymore about this with me hit me up in PM or not at all, this is off topic and I'm not interested in falling in your trap.
Your choice and its not a trap, its (once again) a correction of an incorrectly stated fact.

For anyone actually interested in this stuff, find all you want to know about "dog box" transmission here. Nothing about a dog box demands that it be sequential (in fact, the sequential is a relatively new development in the history of the dog box), and PD forcing us to only have a sequential one is not realistic (especially considering you could use the h-shifter or paddles with the same transmission in GT5).

Now, back to your regularly scheduled 1.11 discussion. :gtpflag:

Because its a Dogbox maybe. ;)

PD uses a sequential dog clutch transmission, you guys think it must be broken if PD doesn't let you use a H pattern shifter with a sequential transmission?

Why would PD let you use a H pattern shifter after you install a Dog Clutch Transmission that uses a sequential shifter? Sure close ratio cut gears and the stock transmission, but surely not a Dogbox. If there is anything to be upset over its premiums still using H pattern with a Dog Box not the other way around.

You don't have to install a racing transmission onto every single car, if you want to H pattern a Fiat 500 no big deal.

Im upset if you could use a H shifter on a transmission you shouldn't be able to. That's the real issue. Why are you guys upset when something is done right? Complaining it should be more like something that's off a bit. Makes no sense.
Its the fact that you cant use it on standards but can on premiums. That was the point he was trying to make. Some of the most iconic standard cars are basically useless for us clutch users...

@Isho : I wouldn't call them useless, but it would be really nice for me to be able to drift my '97 Supra with a FC-tranny and clutch. Not to mention the (in game) awfully overweight and underpowered 240 Estate. That's a car that really could use a FC-tranny

Isho you make excellent points.

The reason STD are different to premiums is definitely odd. While both are options IRL. I don't see us having to get all options in the game for it to be realistic but it should be uniform for all cars. Either one way or the other. The fact a premium version of the same car will have a different option as a standard is wrong.

Was I overzealous? YES, do I recognize and acknowledge this, I feel I have. Does that make all my points wrong? I don't think so.

Some of the most iconic standard cars are basically useless for us clutch users...

How's that? 2 out of the 3 transmission options allow the clutch and h-shifter to be used, hardly what I would call useless. :rolleyes:

How's that? 2 out of the 3 transmission options allow the clutch and h-shifter to be used, hardly what I would call useless. :rolleyes:
Maybe I should have included that it would be the case for me and other clutch users that drift. Not having the option to customize your transmission on a car which desperately needs one is annoying and would seem useless.

Maybe I should have included that it would be the case for me and other clutch users that drift. Not having the option to customize your transmission on a car which desperately needs one is annoying and would seem useless.

There ya go. 👍 I've only had the need to install a fc transmission once. But then, I don't use the h-shifter because it is a disadvantage. I don't use the paddles either, but I love my proper sequential shifter (and it works with whichever transmission I'd care to use)! :P Different strokes.....

@GT6OuTLaW

I get your point to a certain extent. I do understand that they are using a sequential dog box. My problem with the way they did it is that plain and simple it was done half 🤬

A Dog Box transmission is not just sequential. Some you can use the H-pattern shifter. So why if PD wanted you not to use the H-pattern shifter when putting the transmission on a 180SX (standard car), why would they let you use the H-pattern and clutch with a S13 Silvia (premium car)? Like I said it was done completely half 🤬.

I play Assetto Corsa and they do not allow you to use the clutch or H-pattern shifter on certain cars. AC did this correctly. I cannot justify PD's stupid excuse for the way they did this. I am complaining about the same thing you are. You obviously go for the realism factot judging by your post. I fully agree and I am the same way. So the transmissions should had just been left alone from GT5.

@GT6OuTLaW

I get your point to a certain extent. I do understand that they are using a sequential dog box. My problem with the way they did it is that plain and simple it was done half 🤬

A Dog Box transmission is not just sequential. Some you can use the H-pattern shifter. So why if PD wanted you not to use the H-pattern shifter when putting the transmission on a 180SX (standard car), why would they let you use the H-pattern and clutch with a S13 Silvia (premium car)? Like I said it was done completely half 🤬.

I play Assetto Corsa and they do not allow you to use the clutch or H-pattern shifter on certain cars. AC did this correctly. I cannot justify PD's stupid excuse for the way they did this. I am complaining about the same thing you are. You obviously go for the realism factot judging by your post. I fully agree and I am the same way. So the transmissions should had just been left alone from GT5.

Yup worse than anything is the difference from STD to PRE causing this on 2 editions of the same car.

Thanks for seeing my point. I agree and say I was wrong for being so critical.

Some cars have incorrect gear ratios that doesn't match IRL ones so a lot of people use the custom gearbox to recreate the real one

I would like to see a car with bad gears, not saying they don't exist, but I've not found any yet, even the Focus ST has correct gearing (although it doesnt act as the real transmission does) looking at how the car pulls to speed the real car holds the high acceleration FD in top gear) while we get stuck with the fuel saver FD (actually, the FD stays the same so does the gear, except IRL the FD switches, instead we get a gear that behaves as if the FD changed with correct gearing tres bizare ), but in top gear even if we redline shift flat out to top speed, we get the eccono top gear. It can be adjusted to act as it would in real life though, but its tricky. In game though its one or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
....erm. Since the update the seasonal time trials don't freeze for 2 seconds after I improve on my lap time. If someone already posted this I didn't see it amongst the 7 pages of other stuff.

..should I post this in the "proper thread" Brandon?

....erm. Since the update the seasonal time trials don't freeze for 2 seconds after I improve on my lap time. If someone already posted this I didn't see it amongst the 7 pages of other stuff.

I don't believe it had been posted, thanks for the info! That was really annoying.

..should I post this in the "proper thread" Brandon?

Just post in the one I linked to above and we'll be all good. :P

More often than not since 1.11, the game becomes unresponsive and requires a system reset when I click either Online or Seasonal Events. Does anyone else have this issue?

More often than not since 1.11, the game becomes unresponsive and requires a system reset when I click either Online or Seasonal Events. Does anyone else have this issue?
I've had it when I got stuck on "Connection To The Servers", it just hangs. :grumpy:

Ever since 1.10, I now get "Disconnected from Network due to data loss" whenever I get disconnected.

Last edited:
Yep. This is what greets me now when I disconnect:

capture_20140730_185119-jpg.196011

Back