Update 1.11

• Thread starter Jimmy_Pop
  • 351 comments
....erm. Since the update the seasonal time trials don't freeze for 2 seconds after I improve on my lap time. If someone already posted this I didn't see it amongst the 7 pages of other stuff.

..should I post this in the "proper thread" Brandon?

During the latest Seasonals, there were still noticeable pauses with time updates here.

I don't see any change.

Yup worse than anything is the difference from STD to PRE causing this on 2 editions of the same car.

Thanks for seeing my point. I agree and say I was wrong for being so critical.

Yep that's exactly what I meant.

No you were fine. I understood what you meant. I just wish they would make a simple option to make it sequential or a non-sequential. That would make me satisfied.

Has the SRT Viper '13 always been choppy in SSRX replays. Seems if they are Ai or User the cars flickers during replays, mostly the bottom of the car, seems like its hovering

I've done a few races there testing stuff, and originally driving a Huayra with a Viper talking 2nd, so I get in my 15th Anniversary Viper because the Huara had too high a top speed. Much better in the Viper at 250mph on draft+throttle modulation 23Xmph out of the draft. The new lead car (Lambo) is pushing 245mph.

In both races, the vipers and only the vipers get flickery.

Last edited:
Because its a Dogbox maybe. ;)

PD uses a sequential dog clutch transmission, you guys think it must be broken if PD doesn't let you use a H pattern shifter with a sequential transmission?

Why would PD let you use a H pattern shifter after you install a Dog Clutch Transmission that uses a sequential shifter? Sure close ratio cut gears and the stock transmission, but surely not a Dogbox. If there is anything to be upset over its premiums still using H pattern with a Dog Box not the other way around.

You don't have to install a racing transmission onto every single car, if you want to H pattern a Fiat 500 no big deal.

Im upset if you could use a H shifter on a transmission you shouldn't be able to. That's the real issue. Why are you guys upset when something is done right? Complaining it should be more like something that's off a bit. Makes no sense.

There's definitely something broken with racing transmissions, even on Premium racing cars. Try the Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing McLaren F1 or the Sauber Mercedes C9. Both of these are Premium cars, and you can see the driver change gears with an H-pattern stick, but you are not permitted to use the clutch...

There's definitely something broken with racing transmissions, even on Premium racing cars. Try the Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing McLaren F1 or the Sauber Mercedes C9. Both of these are Premium cars, and you can see the driver change gears with an H-pattern stick, but you are not permitted to use the clutch...

Probably only one shift animation, I would think the cars with paddle shifters still paddle shift even if your using the H shifter. Its a mixed bag this tranny quirk, they are normal when stock tranny though right?

Has the SRT Viper '13 always been choppy in SSRX replays. Seems if they are Ai or User the cars flickers during replays, mostly the bottom of the car, seems like its hovering

I've done a few races there testing stuff, and originally driving a Huayra with a Viper talking 2nd, so I get in my 15th Anniversary Viper because the Huara had too high a top speed. Much better in the Viper at 250mph on draft+throttle modulation 23Xmph out of the draft. The new lead car (Lambo) is pushing 245mph.

I've noticed the same glitch and it gets worse depending in the angle you're looking at. At first I thought the car was glitching through the ground, but looking at the replay it seems to be a bug on the shadow's texture making the botton of the car look transparent. Here's a pic I took:

SpecialStage_RouteX.jpg

Probably only one shift animation, I would think the cars with paddle shifters still paddle shift even if your using the H shifter. Its a mixed bag this tranny quirk, they are normal when stock tranny though right?

As racing cars, they come with a fully-customisable racing transmission installed by default. I don't think you have any other gearbox choices in GT Auto, so technically, they are stock.

Great, a bug is back (or has never been fixed?) where the game freezes after you take a photo in a replay. Had this in a previous version and it just happened again.

Edit: Just froze again when trying to enter seasonal events. Nice and reliable this game...

Last edited:
Edit: Just froze again when trying to enter seasonal events. Nice and reliable this game...

I get that more often than not, and the same issue when trying to enter Online, everything freezes.

I managed two races online tonight before I had a different problem - Where at the race start, my car will not move, even if someone rams it at high speed. Happened twice before I called it a night.

This game makes it very difficult to even have a reliable session, let alone an enjoyable one. There is always something to screw up the experience, and I'm getting tired with all of these problems as well as still waiting for the rest of the content. PD has dropped the ball so hard over the past 10 years that I'm about at the end of my tether with this franchise and will never purchase another PD game again. I have given it so many chances over the years.

I've noticed the same glitch and it gets worse depending in the angle you're looking at. At first I thought the car was glitching through the ground, but looking at the replay it seems to be a bug on the shadow's texture making the botton of the car look transparent. Here's a pic I took:

SpecialStage_RouteX.jpg

That's very weird!
Yeah could be a box for the ambient shadow area, it shouldn't be writing to the zbuffer!

Why is this update required to play online? I only use 1 TV/Monitor.

Simple answer, it's an online enabled game and to ensure that no one is running an obsolete versions which would create issues server side they force updates to be mandatory or you're not going to connect to servers. Keep things on the same page and not old versions running with new versions. That's a logistics nightmare to keep that running without hiccups and GT6 online has hiccups when thing are already running on the same version. In other words keep it simple.

Simple answer, it's an online enabled game and to ensure that no one is running an obsolete versions which would create issues server side they force updates to be mandatory or you're not going to connect to servers. Keep things on the same page and not old versions running with new versions. That's a logistics nightmare to keep that running without hiccups and GT6 online has hiccups when thing are already running on the same version. In other words keep it simple.
But this update is only changing 2 things:

Fixing multi monitors and displaying more rooms.

I don't use multiple monitors. Now if it were to fix a game breaking glitch then it makes sense. And I don't see how displaying rooms was an issue. Should've been a hot patch or whatever it's called.

I don't use multiple monitors. Now if it were to fix a game breaking glitch then it makes sense. And I don't see how displaying rooms was an issue. Should've been a hot patch or whatever it's called.
It was too big for a hotfix. What do you want them to do?

Thing is it is changing more than we know, which is why it was given a full release version update. They don't have to tell you all the changes since as that's pointless and we would probably be bored stupid reading the actual version notes. Just know that it was a big enough change that required it be an update and not a hotfix, that's what makes coding so bananas. PD are eccentric and they never list everything they changed in a single update as some things we tend to find, either they were overlooked or PD were like, let them find the little things we tucked in there. To me as long as what they listed was fixed, changed to I know major stuff and as long as it works I'm game.

I certainly hope that 1.11 didn't take you 2 hours, that would absurd. What's the issue, ISP high traffic, rather loaded PS3 HDD one too many people on home network?

Sequential shift, not H-pattern.

I was under the impression the F1 GTR retained the stock car's gearbox until the release of the F1 Longtail in 1997, something Wikipedia suggests is the case:

For the original GTR:
"Features such as the central seating position, gull-wing doors, and even the stock gearbox were retained."

For the Longtail:
"The stock gearbox was replaced with a new X-trac 6-speed sequential transmission."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_F1_GTR

If you have either of the GTRs, watch the in-car view and you will see that it has a sequential shifter.

If you have either of the GTRs, watch the in-car view and you will see that it has a sequential shifter.

That is therefore a mistake on PDI's part. I cannot find a single reference anywhere suggesting the Ueno Clinic F1 GTR had a sequential shifter, instead, websites and articles emphasise the use of 90% of the road car's components, including the H-pattern gearbox. Onboard footage of various pre-Longtail GTRs shows that they have an H-pattern gearbox and clutch. It seems then that the car in-game, rather than interpreting the H-pattern as a sequential, has in fact been simply given an (incorrect) sequential shifter, both in terms of physics AND visually.

Example video of real F1 GTR:

SpecialStage_RouteX.jpg
I've seen it on every "premium" car I've driven at night. It isn't limited to replays either--it can be seen when player vehicles are viewed in third person. I've yet to see it online, however.

Latest Posts

Back