Update 1.11

• Thread starter Jimmy_Pop
  • 351 comments
Yep. This is what greets me now when I disconnect:

capture_20140730_185119-jpg.196011

Dang Mang, hope you figure it out, that's got to be annoying. If its ISP related and gets sorted its good info for others with the same problem.

Murder Midget has one of these "dogbox" gearboxes and I have no problem with the lack of the clutch pedal. I can change gear more quickly and keep the speed going.

Not that It'll get to any real speed anyway. :crazy:

More often than not since 1.11, the game becomes unresponsive and requires a system reset when I click either Online or Seasonal Events. Does anyone else have this issue?

Yeah, it sometimes freezes now when i go to online events while it's connecting

Last major physics overhaul was in 1.09, so I think they fixed it there.
You are correct, but its one of those who things some old timers set in their ways not wanting to adapt or figur it out just say its not been fixed, or not fixed right, someting of the sort, so while it has been fixed many will dissagree, but won't be able to say what's been done or exactly how camber affects handling.

I like the improved physics, but not fond of the blanket change to default setting.

You are correct, but its one of those who things some old timers set in their ways not wanting to adapt or figur it out just say its not been fixed, or not fixed right, someting of the sort, so while it has been fixed many will dissagree, but won't be able to say what's been done or exactly how camber affects handling.

I like the improved physics, but not fond of the blanket change to default setting.

Sure, you can explain it this way if you believe that fixed does not mean faster.

Sure, you can explain it this way if you believe that fixed does not mean faster.

Sorry, I don't see your point, or the corelation between your comment and my post. Why would I say that if I thought "fixed does not mean faster", faster or not is a whole other subject. Faster is about driver ability and tune quality. If they are lacking PD can't fix that in a update.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't see your point, or the corelation between your comment and my post. Why would I say that if I thought "fixed does not mean faster", faster or not is a whole other subject. Faster is about driver ability and tune quality. If they are lacking PD can't fix that in a update.

Fixed, in this sense, means being more like reality in terms of settings. I agree that it does seem odd that the values for better grip are so low. That said, I think the problem is more in the tires and that "grip" is a component of the chassis.

IMHO, grip should be the exclusive domain of tires and the chassis should only vary in the weight, dimensions, and flex.

IMHO Grip is a combination of chassis, suspension set up, and tires. Not exclusive to any of them.

You can't say suspension settings have no or shouldn't impact grip. -10 camber will have a serious impact on grip vs 0 or 1 degree of toe will cause a lot of drag vs 0 toe impacting grip

Chassis is going to either hold or flex out the suspension settings to what degree depends on chassis and rigidity.

Tires well that goes without saying

Chassis and suspension setting work together to get the most grip out of the tires.

To say they shouldn't impact grip to be closer to reality is flat out wrong.

Last edited:
IMHO Grip is a combination of chassis, suspension set up, and tires. Not exclusive to any of them.

You can't say suspension settings have no or shouldn't impact grip. -10 camber will have a serious impact on grip vs 0 or 1 degree of toe will cause a lot of drag vs 0 toe impacting grip

Chassis is going to either hold or flex out the suspension settings to what degree depends on chassis and rigidity.

Tires well that goes without saying

Chassis and suspension setting work together to get the most grip out of the tires.

Your name wouldn't happen to be "Jack" now would it? :P

Still waiting to download update 1.10... 32 hours and whenever I attempt to download it, there has been an error in your download. Ughhh, FML!

Still waiting to download update 1.10... 32 hours and whenever I attempt to download it, there has been an error in your download. Ughhh, FML!

They should let people download the update from anything, like in your browser on your PC or even a tab or phone. And update games like firmware updates off a data stick. I can load pkg files so I download all my updates in PC then copy them over to the PS3, I got all the updates on a folder on my PC backed up. Makes the updates far less frustrating, plus since I save a game save for every update, I can go back to an older update to test something, then back up to the current update never having to redownload the updates. It should be like this on OFW too.

To say they shouldn't impact grip to be closer to reality is flat out wrong.

I'm just saying that the chassis has a "grip" modifier in it. We learned this from the hackers. I'm of the opinion that having this be a part of the chassis is problematic and quite likely the reason why there are some outstanding imbalances in the game.

I believe they took this approach so they could better replicate a car's factory behaviour, which to a great part is dictated by the tires that appeared on those cars. For instance, the 427 Cobra had bias ply tires on it. The F40 has Pirelli P zero, but from the 90's.

In my opinion, since we are playing the game today, the upgrades should be up to today's standard. So if I fit a SS tire on the Cobra, I would expect it to be the same SS tire that is fitted to everything else.

If they want to replicate original equipment grip levels, they should have an OE tire class and the grip modifier should reside there.

But this is a discussion for some other update in the future.

I'm just saying that the chassis has a "grip" modifier in it. We learned this from the hackers. I'm of the opinion that having this be a part of the chassis is problematic and quite likely the reason why there are some outstanding imbalances in the game.

I believe they took this approach so they could better replicate a car's factory behaviour, which to a great part is dictated by the tires that appeared on those cars. For instance, the 427 Cobra had bias ply tires on it. The F40 has Pirelli P zero, but from the 90's.

In my opinion, since we are playing the game today, the upgrades should be up to today's standard. So if I fit a SS tire on the Cobra, I would expect it to be the same SS tire that is fitted to everything else.

If they want to replicate original equipment grip levels, they should have an OE tire class and the grip modifier should reside there.

The hacker that told you the chassis has special grip modifier's (may have been mistaken, or needs to prove that) That may have been true in GT5, but not GT6. GT6 has a much different tire physics, the C and V hidden tires are gone, no more in GT6, there is an aditional code for tires that comes up for some cars, not all, most get the FFFF treatment, but that code is mysterious and hasn't had much of an effect when used on other cars with FFFF.

Only Racing tires have hidden types (extra soft, extra hard etc) and RedBull cars get their own special version too Red Bull Racing Hard, Red Bull Racing Soft etc.

Camber has a lot of grip in the coding, I think it has the most grip modifying attached to it in the code, along with tire drag it too has a lot of coding in place.

In the coding the suspension has a huge impact on grip as it should.

Last edited:
They should let people download the update from anything, like in your browser on your PC or even a tab or phone. And update games like firmware updates off a data stick. I can load pkg files so I download all my updates in PC then copy them over to the PS3, I got all the updates on a folder on my PC backed up. Makes the updates far less frustrating, plus since I save a game save for every update, I can go back to an older update to test something, then back up to the current update never having to redownload the updates. It should be like this on OFW too.

Thanks for the heads up, but I don't have those sort of things. Would be handy to have it done on my phone, though. Like sneak into a college with good wifi and done in 2 minutes :)

It's not only GT that this is annoying in as well. I couldn't find time to do a GTAV update and then I ended up having a handful to do. Same with LBP2. :(

Thanks for the heads up, but I don't have those sort of things. Would be handy to have it done on my phone, though. Like sneak into a college with good wifi and done in 2 minutes :)

It's not only GT that this is annoying in as well. I couldn't find time to do a GTAV update and then I ended up having a handful to do. Same with LBP2. :(

All games should be like that I think. They do it for firmware, and exactly, let's you grab it anywhere you have access to the net.

This is one of the downsides to having 1200 cars to take care of, you'll probably always have a generic tire model and other parameters will have to take care of simulating the variances in grip the various cars. Like you I'd like more simulation done with specific tire models but I just can't see it happening on a console game with 1200+ cars.

I imagine this wont be the only update we get this month. No biggie.

Update 1.12 will allow options to avoid large chunks of an update (such as video content), whether new or old updates, including when re-installing. This may also help with some install errors, but that remains to be seen.

Update 1.12 will allow options to avoid large chunks of an update (such as video content), whether new or old updates, including when re-installing. This may also help with some install errors, but that remains to be seen.

You know that from where ?

Back