Update, of sorts!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 416 comments
I really wish they would buy a consumer copy of the game and test it. I'm presuming they dont, if they do then that raises more questions.
Yep, all they've got to do is start a race at Barcelona, then restart immediately due to the controls locked bug, then stare in disbelief as the cars start jumping over the sausages, spinning round in circles, then watch the front of the grid pull away as the back markers crawl round the final corner at 5mph... :rolleyes:

tyres marks in braking points and corner exits are gone.. track surface is always clean now)

I ran a couple server races today at Spa.
The first race I missed practise and qually and went straight into the race. There were tyre marks into the track on kerbs and braking zones and corners.

Then I did a server in practise mode and the track surface was clean, no tyre marks. The change was very obvious.

Are you sure it's not just on green surface or at the start of event that there's minimal tyre marks. On a rubbered in track, I'm certain they still have tyre markings

I ran a couple server races today at Spa.
The first race I missed practise and qually and went straight into the race. There were tyre marks into the track on kerbs and braking zones and corners.

Then I did a server in practise mode and the track surface was clean, no tyre marks. The change was very obvious.

Are you sure it's not just on green surface or at the start of event that there's minimal tyre marks. On a rubbered in track, I'm certain they still have tyre markings
Nope,it was race with optimum track condition, not green one, offline, difference with prepatch is abismal

Oh strange. I did offline hotstint today at Nring, I didn't notice the tyre tracks missing but i wasn't looking out for it.

As for the update, I don't feel like it made a massive difference to the game.

Each track has a different level of optimum from day 1 I noticed that some rubber up quick & some longer with the same surface settings.
Maybe this is updated so you do need to run a few laps.
Best way to test is hot laps this should let you know for sure.

I normally start my offline on a green track so I can get used to different conditions.

I ran my first night race tonight at Spa using the Ferrari. I'm glad I waited until the update to run at night so I didn't have to put up with those candles in jam jar headlights in the previous version. One thing I noticed was that the rear lights on the AI cars would go off for a significant period of time. I followed one car an entire lap and their rear lights never came on. Has this been a thing the whole time?

I thought it was pretty cool seeing the sparks come from underneath the car in the rear view mirror as I went through Eau Rouge.

The Ferrari itself felt like it was sliding around more than before the update. It felt more of a handful to drive but in the end I beat my old fastest lap at spa by 2.5 seconds which shocked me.

I did get the "controls locked" bug for the first time in a long time at the start.

Just drove a 20 Minute race at Monza with optimal track conditions. By the end of the race no amount of rubber had built at the end of the straight. There were some skid marks here and there (guessing from my car actually), but the track was unchanged.

No way this is an intentional change.

Just drove a 20 Minute race at Monza with optimal track conditions. By the end of the race no amount of rubber had built at the end of the straight. There were some skid marks here and there (guessing from my car actually), but the track was unchanged.

It could just be though... Maybe an attempt at improving performance (one less dynamic thing for the engine to handle) and somehow, somehow, they thought we wouldn’t notice...

I ran my first night race tonight at Spa using the Ferrari. I'm glad I waited until the update to run at night so I didn't have to put up with those candles in jam jar headlights in the previous version. One thing I noticed was that the rear lights on the AI cars would go off for a significant period of time. I followed one car an entire lap and their rear lights never came on. Has this been a thing the whole time?

I thought it was pretty cool seeing the sparks come from underneath the car in the rear view mirror as I went through Eau Rouge.

The Ferrari itself felt like it was sliding around more than before the update. It felt more of a handful to drive but in the end I beat my old fastest lap at spa by 2.5 seconds which shocked me.

I did get the "controls locked" bug for the first time in a long time at the start.
I've also been thinking the cars have less grip than before the update. The 3 cars I drove yesterday all felt slightly different to me. Or did I just imagine it?

Maybe it's only on optimal? Have you seen if its same on green?

We now get flickering headlights after a few bumps when breaking.

It could just be though... Maybe an attempt at improving performance (one less dynamic thing for the engine to handle) and somehow, somehow, they thought we wouldn’t notice...

Yeah I!m 99% the lake of marbles is deliberate to improve performance

Is it just me or have camera positions or fov changed?

I use the Ferrari inboard cam and sure it’s a bit further back away from dash than before.

Also the tyre wear indicator thing has moved - which is a really minor thing but it’s amazing how quick you learn to glance at one place and now it further away from centre needs more than a glance

Grip in the rain feels much better and more consistent. I actually enjoy driving and racing in the rain now.

On the flip side, they’ve completely borked the rain effects. Light rain there’s really no need to even put your wipers on. Medium rain you do, but there’s naff all spray coming from the cars. Why they’ve done this I don’t know. If it’s to help performance, well it hasn’t. Game ran smooth for me on Pro before this patch. It still does for the most part, but get so much stuttering when the cars are pitting.

As plenty of you have already said, these are real easy to spot by simply firing the game up for a couple of hours. The race starts when starting from the back (which I like to do most of the time) being the real obvious issue.

Apart from that, I’m really enjoying the new physics. They just really need to sort these annoying little bugs out. Enjoyment factor still outweighs the negatives but can understand why it may be the other way for some of you.

Each track has a different level of optimum from day 1 I noticed that some rubber up quick & some longer with the same surface settings.
Maybe this is updated so you do need to run a few laps.
Best way to test is hot laps this should let you know for sure.

I normally start my offline on a green track so I can get used to different conditions.

It's easy to notice the difference, I was playing prepatch just the day before, tyre marks (rubbering) in race, optimum track condition, are gone and don't rubber in on the track, it's an texture issue/bug and reported just as the rain drops phisycs on windshield of the car that don't move anymore with the wind / inertias of car

Or the auxiliary cabin lights of the Nissan GTR 2018 endurance missing (bad textures on McLaren 720 o NSX decals )

Quite an amount of bugs added...quite normal as they ported 13 core version updates in one

---------
Here's the reason why headlight "flicker" sometimes.

Here's the answer of why cars feel differently and go better on rain (and more has been improved) don't forget guys that they implement 13 core version updates in one in consoles

Last edited:
The tire marks in the braking zones were always seemingly randomly on the track or not before the patch for me. Some races would have it and others wouldn’t.

The tire marks in the braking zones were always seemingly randomly on the track or not before the patch for me. Some races would have it and others wouldn’t.

depending on the track condition they were always there

They took away reflections,dirt, condensation in windshield also (1080p and 4k modes, same track ,same time)

Prepatch
vtOeDlQ.png

New patch
8uMg0xJ.png

All that I know is that with the bugs, missing thing, removed things and needed things, this is the best racing game on consoles.
Hopefully the next patch makes it even better.

Mmmm they should start with ask help at Kunos to get an good wheel implementation and FFB (isn't even near PC version)

Here you have to save presets of FFB with the specific wheel rotation for every brand/car (PC version does that automatically)

And in this version save FFB setting presets is broken,when you load them it isn't what you saved.

Same for car Setups.

And track textures like rubbering ,and so one is needed cause it affects on driving

Every patch they've been increasing bugs and issues..not making it better.

Got potential? Sure... But D3T Ldt studio has shown that they aren't simulator specific Devs...
They really should ask help to Kunos simulazione, so they can go to the studio some weeks to test,fix and help those guys out

Maybe that’s why the tracks look so clean now. Another bummer. As you said, ran fine before. Taken away a lot of nice effects. Surely this can’t all be to get the headlights working properly?
I was thinking the same, but it's too much and for example the Mercedes AMG still have the auxiliary lights in cabin ,while the ones in nissan GTR 2018 are gone.

So I think it's more texture issues problems

Anyone played on both One X and PS4 Pro? Does it run that much better on PS4? Thinking about just buying it on there so I can enjoy the game.

Anyone got a link to the bug report form or for general feedback? Pleased with the physics updates but not so pleased with the various graphical downgrades. Rain effects being the main one. Especially as the version before ran perfectly fine for me on Pro.

For anyone with the PC version, do they eventually add a tab at the top for the 2020 season? It’s nice to have the 2020 liveries but feels a bit pointless at the mo as AI cars use the 2019 liveries!

Anyone got a link to the bug report form or for general feedback? Pleased with the physics updates but not so pleased with the various graphical downgrades. Rain effects being the main one. Especially as the version before ran perfectly fine for me on Pro.

For anyone with the PC version, do they eventually add a tab at the top for the 2020 season? It’s nice to have the 2020 liveries but feels a bit pointless at the mo as AI cars use the 2019 liveries!
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

Back