Update, of sorts!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 416 comments
Anyone got a link to the bug report form or for general feedback? Pleased with the physics updates but not so pleased with the various graphical downgrades. Rain effects being the main one. Especially as the version before ran perfectly fine for me on Pro.

For anyone with the PC version, do they eventually add a tab at the top for the 2020 season? It’s nice to have the 2020 liveries but feels a bit pointless at the mo as AI cars use the 2019 liveries!
No tab for 2020 season on PC version either, they only given the 2020 liveries.

Content wise ,the console versions = PC version...

Bug and issues wise consoles version win by a big margin

I've also been thinking the cars have less grip than before the update. The 3 cars I drove yesterday all felt slightly different to me. Or did I just imagine it?

Also be aware that, since we got so many updates at once that your old saved set-ups might not work anymore. Some set-ups where I did just a few clicks here and there to get more confidence in the 911 are now quite different to the new default aggresive set-up.

I've also been thinking the cars have less grip than before the update. The 3 cars I drove yesterday all felt slightly different to me. Or did I just imagine it?

More understeer and less lift off oversteer.

I'm kinda not really holding out hope for much improvement graphically. I've resigned myself to the fact that they seem to need to make sacrifices to improve in areas where they already made sacrifices. I'm just hoping for a PS5 patch.

If it wasn't for the 1-2 sec freezes on pc where when it comes back i've crashed into cars or off track i'd dump the console version, only got 6gb ram so prolly that the issue as task manager has it using over 4gb.

I'm kinda not really holding out hope for much improvement graphically. I've resigned myself to the fact that they seem to need to make sacrifices to improve in areas where they already made sacrifices. I'm just hoping for a PS5 patch.
Yeah I’m still a bit bummed about the slight drop in graphics when in the helmet cam. The motec lines get blurry and there’s other jankiness. but I just love the camera sway and immersion.

I’m accepting it. Still can’t get enough, there’s no beating how it feels.

And it’s amazing to watch the race sessions and mimic the exact conditions with the same team you root for.

agreed on the 2020 liveries, It’d be nice to have a separate tab, or lock the AI to follow which you pick.

Also be aware that, since we got so many updates at once that your old saved set-ups might not work anymore. Some set-ups where I did just a few clicks here and there to get more confidence in the 911 are now quite different to the new default aggresive set-up.
I always use default setups since the game deleted my saves twice.

I'm hoping Kunos handle the PS5 version themselves rather than the lot that did this version.

I'm hoping Kunos handle the PS5 version themselves rather than the lot that did this version.

Really seems that Kunos don't care about consoles version and really said on the eSports stream that there only priority is PC version.

I think that the decision to port the game was finally made by the owner of Kunos, digital bross, to get back some money inverted..

Strange to see that Kunos don't listen, replies on the official support forum, that 505games made a website for ACC console version specific and give news only there...and an 505games bug report form website

Kunos simulazione always said that they wouldn't port the game if it doesn't match their minimal requirements (60fps) since then, silence,and the little marketing made by 505 instead Kunos

Strange things happening.. call me crazy.

If any PS5 patch lands..I think it will be done from that D3T studio (or not, cause it has unlocked fps, so automatically game will perform better on PS5)

Yea that ture it was also said by Aris in one of his videos on YouTube

Yeah I’m still a bit bummed about the slight drop in graphics when in the helmet cam. The motec lines get blurry and there’s other jankiness. but I just love the camera sway and immersion.

I’m accepting it. Still can’t get enough, there’s no beating how it feels.

And it’s amazing to watch the race sessions and mimic the exact conditions with the same team you root for.

agreed on the 2020 liveries, It’d be nice to have a separate tab, or lock the AI to follow which you pick.
I hated the helmet cam first time I tried but it feels so right now.
Unfortunately I dont see that happening. Maybe D3T studios will do a better job as they wont have to try so hard to make it run half decent.
Really seems that Kunos don't care about consoles version and really said on the eSports stream that there only priority is PC version.

I think that the decision to port the game was finally made by the owner of Kunos, digital bross, to get back some money inverted..

Strange to see that Kunos don't listen, replies on the official support forum, that 505games made a website for ACC console version specific and give news only there...and an 505games bug report form website

Kunos simulazione always said that they wouldn't port the game if it doesn't match their minimal requirements (60fps) since then, silence,and the little marketing made by 505 instead Kunos

Strange things happening.. call me crazy.

If any PS5 patch lands..I think it will be done from that D3T studio (or not, cause it has unlocked fps, so automatically game will perform better on PS5)
If you look at the deal they made with digital bros when they sold Kunos, it appears that Kunos just make the game they want and for PC, and 505 can do whatever they want with the Assetto Corsa branding on other platform. They could stick the name on a table top racer if they want to but it would have nothing to do with Kunos. My hunch is Kunos would not have released acc on this gen. Aris even said he didn't know they were working on a PS4 version.

After the patch I can't turn my DS4 on and control the game if my wheel is connected. Pre patch I could. Anyone else getting this?

That’s always been the case hasn’t it? Mine has never worked if wheel is connected.
Mine used to. I'd always launch the game with the wheel, but if I fancied, say, customizing a livery, I'd turn on the pad and use that, then go back to the wheel to drive.

Kunos sold their soul too the devil.
Eh. That´s a bit drastic.

I honestly think the fact that this game runs at all on current gen is actually pretty impressive end even in it´s current state it´s the best console racer BY FAR.

And it´s only getting better from here. Eventually we will play this on PS5 / Series X at higher resulutions, consistent 60 fps and all graphics cranked up to 11 AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

BTW: Tried going back to GTS yesterday and nope.

Last edited:
I mean GTS looks way better and the private lobbies are so much easier (which is all I do really). But the driving i find a lot more simplistic, I always need to readjust coming back to ACC as you can get away with a lot more in GTS, I need to unlearn all my bad habits again.

I'm very glad it came to PS4 as its still enjoyable and the closest we'll ever get to a sim. It does have issues but the good outweighs the bad for me. And I do believe that it'll further improve a bit.

Some issues are down to the capability of the consoles, some are down to the small team at Kunos trying to make a very ambitious game, and some are some specific bugs that we get in the port.

For current gen, I think we're close to as good as it gets for graphics performance. Just need to improve frame pacing. Kunos continue to work on the base PC game and hopefully us console players can continue to get their updates. The biggest question is whether d3t have the resource to ever fully resolve all the console specific bugs.

I think there's a bit more to come for now, but not huge improvements. Really interested to see if graphics can be unlocked for next gen tho - but it would need a solid game first for me to consider upgrading to PS5

I'm getting "controls locked" almost every time since this last update. After the restart the game gets much quieter too. I've checked and my tv volume remains the same but the sound level of the game itself noticeably drops down and stays there until the race is over then all of the "podium" ceremony, the replay etc. comes back at original volume.

I ran a night race with the Mercedes last night and is there supposed to be any in cabin lighting for night racing? I kind of noticed a little light blue being reflected off the top of the roll cage but that was it.

Thought I’d reignite this thread by wishing in this next update that all the graphics features they removed in the most recent update are reinstated. Rain effects are abysmal, no windscreen reflections, far less backfires, track surface no longer rubbers in, general blurred look all round even in 1080p mode, draw distance is worse. There are likely more...

I love how the game feels now with the updated physics but boy have they ruined the visual immersion for me. To make matters worse, I had no performance issues at all on Pro in 1080p mode before. Now I have occasional stuttering, lots of it during AI pit stops...

So, downgraded visuals and worse performance... D3T are lucky Kunos have made such a great racing sim. I would not be playing this anymore had it not been for the awesome physics and general feeling I get from racing/hot lapping.

Here’s hoping between now and the GT4’s being released (officially), they finally find the balance between performance and visuals. 2 steps forward, 10 steps back at the mo.

Refunded this back in June due to the FFB mess that it was on my TS-XW. Glad that MS didn't give me any pushback.

Question for those who have been driving it on the One X since the patch: has FPS increased/stabilized?

Repurchased.

The frames are still very rough on the One X; it's likely still hovering around 30fps. Apart form that, the physics are obviously 2nd to none on console but my FFB needs a bit of tweaking in order for me to feel lock-up / snap oversteer. The suspension model feels excellent with the cars reacting to every undulation and weight transfer from hard braking as evidenced with shaking in the cockpit + the audio cues.

I do hope Kunos work on a version for the Series X. This game is 30 fps away from stealing all of my gaming time for a good while.

I do hope Kunos work on a version for the Series X. This game is 30 fps away from stealing all of my gaming time for a good while.

Kunos have never worked on any console version of AC or ACC. They have absolutely no interest in consoles whatsoever. The console versions are ports done by a third party commissioned by the publisher.
The only way a next gen version appears is if the publisher thinks they can make money out of it.

Kunos have never worked on any console version of AC or ACC. They have absolutely no interest in consoles whatsoever. The console versions are ports done by a third party commissioned by the publisher.
The only way a next gen version appears is if the publisher thinks they can make money out of it.

Was AC not ported by Kunos themselves? Thought it was...

Not to my knowledge. Certainly with ACC they have not.

Either way, gut feel is that ACC will stay pretty much as it is unless they decide to dump a whole load of money in to a re-port.

Back