US version is up!

• Thread starter Glubags
  • 64 comments
Celebration! If I crack the top 500 everyone gets cake. 4% with 10 mins left.

You might want to start cutting.

I just ran a horrible 1:58 with the stock and it's good enough for 119th.

Edit: current leader is GTP_CWR, any idea who that is on here?

Demo has only been out for a few hours. Better time will start rolling in soon.

ChadWickRacing if I recall

My best so far was like 1'42 with a DS3. Harder than it seems hahaha. People are putting so many laps down my first 1'46 was 113th place, and about 4 laps later my 1'42 time was like 130th place

So do you think they may be doing any disqualifying to those who downloaded the jpn version first, idk just had me worried. I'm not expecting to even position but I can dream.

Not sure how they would even figure out unless they started searching IP addresses. Even than it would be a waste of time and resources.

Thanks man! Have the Japanese version on my new user. Now since the Us version is out, gonna get me some high flying.........I don't know. :lol:

I know! This thing is horrible! NFS Shift is so much better right?

/sarcasm

Holy 🤬 what are you doing on this forum?? NFS Shift, are you serious!?

All NFS games blow...

This GT5 thing is bad though, GT5:P is much better. The physics in this game is strait from the first Stuntman game on PS2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im hoping to get in the top 500... Im decent at GT5P, but I lacked the feel of actually DRIVING in the game... If what I am hearing is corrent, It will be more comfortable for me...

All NFS games blow...

This GT5 thing is bad though, GT5:P is much better. The physics in this game is strait from the first Stuntman game on PS2.

Did you notice the "/sarcasm" at the end of the post?

Also, evading the swear filter is a big no-no.

This should be merged with the already existing thread relating to the release of the demo to reduce the amount of pointless threads already in this forum, and if you ask me, there are a lot.

All NFS games blow...

I played that game and you are incorrect. You should've known what to expect going into this demo, so let's hear exactly how it failed to live up to these expectations rather than just vapid and shallow complaints.

I noticed the US version does not have any GT Academy mumbo jumbo on the hood or side

Ah, I just noticed that. I also saw the Japanese version has "GT Academy" logo but without the "PS3" logo on it.

All NFS games blow...

Firstly, it's against the AUP to try to get around the swear filter. It's there for a reason, you know. Second, if all NFS games blow, then why is Shift one of the best racing games of 2009? And finally, criticizing Gran Turismo on a Gran Turismo forum? That's very foolish of you.

EDIT: So, who's at the top right now?

Me ATM..That will not last. My laps are junk. I didn't even try, just a few quick ones.

Good luck guys

While this has nothing to do with the gameplay, I just noticed that the music from the very first "GT By Citreon" Teaser on there. Always liked that song. If only I knew the artist of that song.

Its quite a lot of fun. It is also pretty awesome, speaking as someone who intentionally ignored GT5:Prologue. I need to practice a bit, though.

I don't like the low speed turning at all... then again, I'm stuck with a Dualshock3 for now.

I was just happy to place in the top 500, 418th at the moment. I feel that I could comfortably drop down into the top 200 with a wheel. This is close to undriveable with the D-Pad and face buttons; I've never felt comfortable using the analog sticks either. The only *real* proper way to play is with a wheel and I'll probably run out and get one here after the Christmas season.

It was a sad, sad day when my DFP died. It was the same day I stopped playing GT4 and I haven't done any GT since. :(

Edit: Slight change of opinion... After buying a wheel 3 years ago and using it for just about that long, I'm absolutely jaded to it. I was ok with a controller but a good wheel provides so much more feedback and makes minute adjustments a breeze. The initial "bad taste in my mouth" that this demo left is because I'm not using a wheel. After a couple more laps, I can tell that this will feel great with a wheel. It isn't the fault of the game at all, it's my fault for not having a working wheel. :)

Last edited:
Is there any difference between the Japan and US versions? I downloaded the Japan one last night and wasn't going to download the US one, but should I?

Anyone care to tell how to make the tcs NOT at 7? I can't break the top 10 with it :nervous:

Jerome

Anyone know what competition Jordan is planning. I'd love to participate but I'm not registered but I'd love to though, but i don't want to miss the competition he's planning. I made a tag just in case.

Don't forget me!

I need to get a GTP before my name when I'm not feeling lazy.

I saw ya buddy. I'm about a tenth ahead of GTP_Jordan. Wonder who that is? 💡

Jerome-I don't know, I could have sworn there was no TCS at all, although I did see that it was set at 7. Just didn't feel like it, mostly when trying to use 2nd gear. Pretty easy to light up the rear tires.

Back