V-Rally 4 (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One) - Release date September 2018

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by PzR Slim, Mar 13, 2018.

1. er185es

er185es

2. Amen for 2 and 3.
    They should re-use the intro music.

3. er185es

er185es

Information that appears in some online stores
    There will be an Ultimate Edition that will include
    A new gameplay

4. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Random stage generator is a big plus, but the season pass only covers 6 vehicles? :yuck:

If the Ultimate edition has more than a £10 premium over the regular version, I'll just stick with the basic game.

EDIT: Gameplay video above - The player's driving skills... need some work, to say the least. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  5. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

This game looks great, really promising. :tup:

@FT-1

Never understand why developers seem to show the worst driving in their teasers, I want to see someone doing well. Unless they’re trying to show off crash physics.

FT-1 likes this.
  6. THOMASBARNES

THOMASBARNES

I hope the track generator is as good as V-Rally 2's was

cjr3559 likes this.
  7. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

I would love to have another rally game with procedurally-generated stages, especially to support such a racing game on the Switch, but that gameplay video looks as bad as I expected from Kylotonn's reputation (I admit I haven't played any of their games before).

I don't think it's (only) the player's skill that's the problem. It looks like the cars corner like hovercrafts, or like the "drift mode" handling in a number of games. It isn't as out of place in the second race on dirt, but that hillclimb on tarmac is a sad sight. I can only hope the physics get an overhaul for the final release.

It's a shame, because if it wasn't for that the game would look very promising. :indiff:

8. GroupB

GroupB Premium

The North American release did not use the Colin McRae name.

58015D5F-8879-4FB4-9A0A-EB34BDF7AFD3.jpeg

Pfei likes this.
  9. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

@FT-1

Never understand why developers seem to show the worst driving in their teasers, I want to see someone doing well. Unless they’re trying to show off crash physics.[/QUOTE]

Yeah right, the driving in that video was so bad that I couldn't watch it! What's wrong with these people!!

Might I suggest picking up WRC7 and trying it ? It shouldn't cost a lot now and you might be pleasentely suprised, quite a few people here on GTP rate it highly. Personally I like it a lot :)

perja55 likes this.
  10. bluemoon_19

bluemoon_19 Premium

I was just thinking about the stage generator bit and the wording in the info release
    "A RANDOM STAGE GENERATOR based on real road systems"
    That to me doesn't say procedurally generated but they have created a large base map with many roads already on it then a path is picked from A to B. I could be totally wrong but I don't think it will be like dirt 4.

11. dzumaalcapone

dzumaalcapone

The driving in the latest video :confused::irked: Guy was probably using a pad?

Still looks interesting though.

12. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Nothing wrong with a pad :) maybe the player was just rubbish! Or drunk ?

13. dzumaalcapone

dzumaalcapone

Nothing wrong, but that looked like a guy playing a racer for the first time in his life, with a gamepad.

MrCrynox likes this.
  14. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Yes I agree. But why would they use someone with that level of experience and put it out on a video for a new game ?? Nuts !

dzumaalcapone likes this.
  15. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

I found gravel disappointing (only played Demo). Although V-Rally seems like going for realism... I really hope for a spiritual Sega Rally successor. Never understood why Sega dropped their pioneering original IP (Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Virtua fighter, virtua cop, virtua striker etc.) so quickly when the going went tough...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  16. BSDShoes

BSDShoes

I liked WRC 7, great improvement over WRC 4-6, but after seeing bits of gameplay from VRally, I say forget it, it gives me some of that GRID vibe and completely undo what they did well with WRC 7.

I too was disappointed with Gravel, refunded that in a hurry. Maybe it would've been better if they had a FOV adjustment, the stock FOV is beyond horrendous.

Maybe it was poorly configured, but this looks bad

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Wolfe and PocketZeven like this.
  17. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

I must be missing something because the visuals, audio and physics look fine to me. The only way I can see this being a disappointment is if you are expecting it to be a sim racer, which this game (or the V-Rally series for that matter) has never been about.

18. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

Im going to reserve my opinion till the first reviews. I like sims like any other in this forum, but I also like arcade/simcade style games. Onrush and gravel are just too over the top for me. Wreckfest seems to hit that sweetspot between full arcade and simcade and looking forward to its release on console. But I also have high hopes fot this title. Just hope they will put effort in goodlooking stylish stages... To be honest reallife (or based on real life) stages can be pretty repeatitive and boring...

19. er185es

er185es

MrCrynox likes this.
  20. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

I'm really liking the look of this!! :tup: Thanks for the video @er185es

21. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Citroen Xsara Kit Car confirmed, the nostalgia is so real. :O

dzumaalcapone likes this.
  22. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

Just to confirm, and I’m meaning nothing by my question, but are we getting V-Rally 4 instead of WRC 8?

23. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Its not clear what is happening with WRC8, as in who's going to develop it and when.
    There has been speculation that Kt had lost it however I read somewhere that they said they are taking a break to release V Rally 4.
    If that's the case then we can expect it next year.. Personally based on WRC7 I hope they still have it.

GTPVenomZombie likes this.
  24. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Bigben is the license holder, not Kylotonn. And at this point we don't know if they still have it or not. The press release from three years ago does not mention the duration of the contract.

Despite Daniel Elena getting filmed in México for what, in his words, was the "official WRC game", it doesn't look like we will get one this year. There probably won't be any news until after the eSports WRC finals.

MrCrynox and GTPVenomZombie like this.
  25. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

It would be nice to know though wouldn't it. I emailed Kt asking about it, I had no reply.

26. er185es

er185es

Transfăgărășan Road 360º screenshot

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Sureboss, MrCrynox and cjr3559 like this.
  27. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

GTPVenomZombie and sirjim73 like this.
  28. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Looking forward to both V-Rally 4 and Dakar 18. Should be a good autumn!

fikridroid, Lukanyon and Jay84 like this.
  29. Auditore

Auditore

It feels good arcade rally games are making a comeback

30. Northstar

Northstar Premium

The only complaint I have about the trailer is the horrible voiceover that kind of reminds me of Lightning McQueen for some reason. I was expecting them to slip in a "Speed. I am speed" line.:lol: