V-Rally 4 (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One) - Release date September 2018

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 492 comments
The only complaint I have about the trailer is the horrible voiceover that kind of reminds me of Lightning McQueen for some reason. I was expecting them to slip in a "Speed. I am speed" line.:lol:

It's a lame trend in most arcade racing games,devs think people want to hear cheesy speeches about cars with some generic country music on the background,The Crew 2 did the same.

The only complaint I have about the trailer is the horrible voiceover that kind of reminds me of Lightning McQueen for some reason. I was expecting them to slip in a "Speed. I am speed" line.:lol:
*Mack banging on door* "Hey Lightning, you ready?"

So it is going to be Veel rally?

Trailer is pretty over the top with the voice over. But hey, whatever get’s the groove going. Right?

KTG have been getting much better by the year, WRC7 feels like the closest to DIRT RALLY weve gotten. Its brutal. Also they have been getting pretty dang good with graphics.

Game is looking really good. I will definitely pick this up at release.

The roads in the recent clip seem wider than WRC7, so it looks like we can really stretch the legs of these cars consistently opposed to the highly technical stages that are more common in WRC7.

Also, I really appreciate the new co-driver speaking with a North American English accent rather than the British English accent. Not really a big deal, but anything is better than the guy in the last few WRC titles.

I'm still really turned off by the apparent way the cars handle. It would be great to find out I'm wrong with a demo on the Nintendo eShop, but I can already feel the frustration of grappling with the floaty cornering just from these videos. :indiff:

The Golf GTI should be cool.

Which reminds me; I hope they implement good options for H-pattern shifting. There wasn’t a need for H shifting in the WRC series, so I hope the developers think to include this. Could be a deal breaker, but I’ve got confidence they’ll add it.

Last edited:
Some interesting car choices in there, glad V-Rally has managed to differentiate the list a bit from the recent Codies titles. The M3 seems OP in its class, but hopefully upgrades can resolve that.

September 6/11 on Consoles, 25th on PC, Switch TBA.

That means for me Dakar 18 and V-Rally 4 on the same day... :banghead:

38802614_2159670820982646_7113042832377511936_n.png

Definitely getting this, but man, September is a busy game month! I've got 4 other games to worry about besides this in Sept. Might have to put Dakar 18 on hold.

Good thing they went with an early September release on console, it has distanced itself enough from Forza Horizon 4. 👍

I'm still really turned off by the apparent way the cars handle. It would be great to find out I'm wrong with a demo on the Nintendo eShop, but I can already feel the frustration of grappling with the floaty cornering just from these videos. :indiff:
I have to agree. You can tell it's more arcade than sim just by the videos. That's fine, I just won't be buying.
Edit: The videos davidt33 posted look a lot better in terms of realism in bumps/feedback.

Not seeing this one on the Playstation Store for pre-order yet either with just about one month left for release. Strange.

The more I see the gameplays is the more I want to get this game. Don't have any dedicated rally games yet so should make for a nice variation from my current Project Cars 2 (main favourite) and GTsport (haven't played much since getting).
Been watching Dakar 18 having seen that one on a thread before but think V-Rally 4 may have peeked my interest a bit more.

Keep checking the Playstation Store to see if they have it in pre-order and what bonuses or DLC it may come with for pre-ordering but like Dakar 18 haven't seen this on the Playstation Store for online ordering as yet which is a bit strange IMO considering the advertised September release for both.

Back