V-Rally 4 (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One) - Release date September 2018

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 492 comments
Downloaded 28gb looks like I can play it early access tomorrow being UE. If I can I will give first impressions.

Heads up UK store 10% off pre order PS + members UE (and looking like early access so far but nothing on details about this) đź‘Ť

Great, I can't wait to hear some thoughts.
I would also like to understand any differences between Xbox/PS as well before I order, as although I'm happy with WRC7's performance on base PS4, (and I would imagine V Rally 4 will run the same), I now have an X as well so if there are differences etc etc.

It is there 2 editions type v (space) rally or just scroll through all V games

It's listed as "V-Rally" in the US store, not having any luck putting both variations in the UK Store.

Not that big of a deal, I'll grab the physical copy instead. đź‘Ť

Downloaded 28gb looks like I can play it early access tomorrow being UE. If I can I will give first impressions.

Heads up UK store 10% off pre order PS + members UE (and looking like early access so far but nothing on details about this) đź‘Ť

Torque could you look into the photomode options available ? Would like to read your initial impressions :)

This from the PS Store US: "Pre-order the game now and get the Ford Shelby GT 500 and an exclusive V-Rally 4 theme on the release date."

What kind of jokey Pre-Order incentive is that? One car and a theme? Steups. And for US$59.00?
Not even no discount, no Season Pass type incentive like it was for Project Cars 2? That not giving me no incentive to Pre-Order. Best I wait yes.

EDIT: Ok now seeing there an "Ultimate Edition" including 10% off regular price of US$79.99 = US$71.99.
This edition includes the game and the following:

• The Season Pass with 4 vehicles planned as post-launch DLC
• A progress accelerator for Career mode
• A road book: the official guide to the game

Still too expensive IMO.

Last edited:
Yes it does seem expensive.

@torque99 what I'm most interested in is the physics. I would like to know if they are the same or similar in feel as WRC7.
Was just watching some user gameplays on Youtube again and got me all excited once again. Regardless of cost compelled to still get it via Pre-Order. I'll get the Ultimate Edition one time 'cause that's how I like to get them including discount and season pass.
When I compared the cost it seems comparable to other game releases so might as well go for it. Would tie in well with my soon to be delivered ButtKicker Gamer 2. I don't have any dedicated rally games so should be a nice addition to Project Cars 2 (my main go-to racing sim) and GTsport (still haven't gotten to playing much of this though).
I really like what I'm seeing in the gameplays.

@FT-1 Here is a link for UK store. You just type VRally

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4008-CUSA09688_00-VRALLY40EBPREULT

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4008-CUSA09688_00-VRALLY40EBPREORD

2018-09-02_172907.jpg 2018-09-02_172943.jpg 20180902172021.jpg 20180902172042.jpg
I just noticed WRC7 is reduced by 70% ÂŁ14.99 so a good time to try out before VRally for anyone who hasn't picked it up đź‘Ť
2018-09-02_173711.jpg

P>S @doblocruiser & @MrCrynox No Worries I will do my best to pass on any info if it helps. (PS4 Pro) I also have the Xbox One X but prefer digital games on the Pro (Less data/updates).

Last edited:
I picked up WRC7 after trying it out and I find it fantastic. Stage design is great, the cars drive and control very nicely. If those stages had been in Dirt4 it would have been a massive hit. Only letdown in WRC7 so far are the replays, no photomode and the low car count but the later is to be expected.

It's great it is showing up there, but I'm having no such luck on the Xbox store. ;)

It's probably going to show up by mid-week, but as long as the Playstation port is ready to download, I can't see them delaying the Xbox version.

Thank you very much @torque99 for your initial impressions.

The photomode is what I expected but still a little bit of a letdown. I have to say that those pictures you took look rather nice and the graphical quality of the environments seems better than those of WRC7. Kylotonn is using their own engine and they are not on the same level (budgetwise) as the big players so a little less detailed I can live with. Gameplay seems loads and loads of fun though (Youtube Vid)

On the fence on this one....

Thank you for sharing your impressions @torque99 :cheers:

It's a shame to hear how lacklustre the photomode is, but I don't blame them not putting much effort given the graphics :yuck: However, the rest of the game sounds acceptable and quite honestly, I'm just looking for something to fill the gap between now and Horizon 4's release. Based on my judgement, this trumps Super Street and Dakar 18. :lol:

Do keep us updated with your latest discoveries! ;)

Thank you @torque99 for getting up early to give us your impressions.
The graphics look fine to me, like you said not expecting leading edge.
Its promising to hear the handling is similar to WRC7 and hopefully it can be tweaked a bit more. Looking forward to more posts on this game :)

@torque99

Thanks for the review. Based on the initial impressions I’m still looking forward to this game. Photo mode isn’t that important to me personally and I’m sure the graphics are good to average. If they’re anything like WRC7 that will be fine. Just hoping for a better frame rate. I like the customization aspect and I saw there’s somewhat of a random stage generator so that should be good for me!

Just disappointed in the US release date. I won’t be able to really try this until the following Monday. New game release dates seldom work in my favor with work and home schedule... :(

Some sort of hybrid between Gravel and WRC 7 would be good. Will wait for some more impressions to drop in, but it sounds fun.

@torque99 Thanks for the extra info. I'm definitely going to pick this up, the only thing stopping me is wanting to see some comparison between Xbox & PS and the fact that I have a huge backlog of driving games to get through, but I certainly want to show Kt my support so will probably get it sooner than later anyway.

I'm really liking what I see, through your review and all the footage that's springing up on YT.

Using the WRC7 engine as a base it looks like they have given us an open rally based game with lots variety which is great. The only disapline I'm cautious about is ExtremeKhana, if it's anything like Dirt 3 I will do my best to avoid it! Although you have kind of touched on it already :)

@torque99 Thanks for the extra info. I'm definitely going to pick this up, the only thing stopping me is wanting to see some comparison between Xbox & PS and the fact that I have a huge backlog of driving games to get through, but I certainly want to show Kt my support so will probably get it sooner than later anyway.

I'm really liking what I see, through your review and all the footage that's springing up on YT.

Using the WRC7 engine as a base it looks like they have given us an open rally based game with lots variety which is great. The only disapline I'm cautious about is ExtremeKhana, if it's anything like Dirt 3 I will do my best to avoid it! Although you have kind of touched on it already :)

The Extreme Khana is not too bad, I'm not keen on the whole GymKhana thing of donuts but I think you will be fine.

Basically the game is WRC7 with different cars and tracks!

It is just a shame some of the environments look a little dated (graphics wise). I just think I having the PS4 Pro/XboxOneX with GT Sport, Forza 7 and God of War with stunning graphics really doesn't help, so jumping back in to this takes a while to forget about those games!

I hope you enjoy it if you do pick it up. I tried to give my honest impressions but just not sure where I sit with the final score. I didn't like SLRE or WRC7 initially either but both grew on me the more I played.

Basically the game is WRC7 with different cars and tracks!

Awesome!! Only problem I have with WRC7 is that it's just the same tracks in the same order over and over again with a not that intriguing roster of cars.

I'm still having fun with SLRE, otherwise I'd pick this up today.

Back